01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

20 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Although to be fair, with all of those people - you are only as productive as the lead singer you work with.  Buckethead releases literally hundreds of albums and yet could only manage one album with GNR that came out 4 years after he left lol

Considering Slash and Duff's work ethic, and those rumors (and Slash's confirmation) a little while back about the time he brought his gear to Axl's place, I don't know if Slash and Duff not being proactive in trying to get something new out, is the issue - but rather that redheaded singer dude they are trying to get to go along with it :lol:

I don't think Axl's work ethic is holding up things but maybe his health? If the only way to get the raging and ranting Axl under control and to be on time is to kill all of his emotions and turn his speech and face into a dull mask I'd rather have riots and late starts. Age might be a factor too, but at this point there are 80 year olds that have more energy than him. No wonder he can't come up with lyrics or bring his A-game on stage anymore when he seems to be somewhat sedated most of the time. An artist needs to feel.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I have a good perspective as I saw NILT 6 times, including night one in Vegas and the amazing Apollo show in NYC. Here is my takeaway from the show.  I’m not going to even mention the set

With all due respect, coming from a guy who travels to the UK often for work and has many friends there, why do people like you feel the need to attack/trash/insult an entire country?  Yet, here you a

Posted Images

On 4.2.2020 at 5:48 AM, MaskingApathy said:

Same. Doesn't sound anywhere as great as the UYI days.

Yup. Heard it on the radio today. Its so fuckin epic. And was even more epic on the UYI tour. But since 2001 its just awful...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Definitelynot 10 times. Not these days :lol:

Well micks very active on stage at least . Axls basically a white,  gingered haired version of barry white.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Haha 3
On 2/7/2020 at 11:38 PM, Liva said:

maybe it is Axl's fault, maybe it isnt.  Chinese leftovers were recorded 15+ years ago and most likely owned by the record company, which they have a say I presume in how or if they are released.  GNR could still be under contract with a record label and owe them 1 album before being released from their contract.  Hypothetically the record company that owns those recordings could be saying to GNR, give us $15 million and you can buy the songs from us and release them on spotify for free or whatever you want.  GNR might only want to pay a lesser sum, say 1 million for them, this could be cause for a delay that isnt Axl's fault, it could be a long protracted negotiation.  There might be a scenario where the guys wrote new songs and want to release all new stuff for free but still owe a record to the label or have to pay a big fine/settlement if they dont deliver, which they probably dont want to do.  Maybe they want some old songs and some new ones, but same problem with the label.  The label knows they are flush with cash, and they are probably pissed for all the lost revenue and headaches from the 1994-2008 era, the record company can hold them hostage from releasing music under the GNR name unless they pay up some big sum, who knows.  Or maybe it is all actually Axl's fault...who really knows.  If they are in a lawsuit or trading nasty legal letters with the record company, that is why no one in the GNR camp would want to say anything and are being cryptic, cause...anything you say can and will be used against you.  There are so many things that we simply dont know, so many factors, that we cannot accurately place blame on anyone.

If you can sell out a tour and make bank, would you pay say $10 million to buy songs from the label, just to release them for free on spotify and see no increase in ticket sales?  No one would do that, it is called the "Music Business" for a reason, you cant simply ignore the business side as much as they may just want to focus on the music side.

Slash and Duff dont have that record label burden which is why they release music under their respective names/bands, and Slash went completely self distribution a while ago, so I am guessing even while he wasnt talking with Axl, he knew the record label game was hell and he switched courses.  Slash and Duff also release music, because they need their own music to sell tours under their own names if they want to be around for more than 1 or 2 tours.  GNR on the other hand, as proven, can sell tours without new music and have been doing so since 2002.

My jaysus...did you really just pull all that outta your arse??? Laughable..... heres one for ya! in the off chance that dat is the case, why doesnt the band or anyone fucking say something....like anything?? Say its a legal or money issue...stop this insulting bollox of "stuffs happening"! Throwing around fake record deals worth 15 mill... have a day off mate!!

And also Rich Fortus would want to take a long hard look at himself as a musician. Clearly zero ambition...in a band 20 yrs n released one record. Better off in a tribute band apart from the pay...its the only diff

Edited by Jaygnr
11 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I don't think Axl's work ethic is holding up things but maybe his health? If the only way to get the raging and ranting Axl under control and to be on time is to kill all of his emotions and turn his speech and face into a dull mask I'd rather have riots and late starts. Age might be a factor too, but at this point there are 80 year olds that have more energy than him. No wonder he can't come up with lyrics or bring his A-game on stage anymore when he seems to be somewhat sedated most of the time. An artist needs to feel.

I would have said that maybe age and health played a part, however considering even in the late-90s onwards this whole time he has not been productive with new material I really dunno at this point lol.  It is hard to make sense of why GNR as a whole just hit a brick wall when it came to being productive and still have not recovered from that

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Jaygnr said:

My jaysus...did you really just pull all that outta your arse??? Laughable..... heres one for ya! in the off chance that dat is the case, why doesnt the band or anyone fucking say something....like anything?? Say its a legal or money issue...stop this insulting bollox of "stuffs happening"! Throwing around fake record deals worth 15 mill... have a day off mate!!

And also Rich Fortus would want to take a long hard look at himself as a musician. Clearly zero ambition...in a band 20 yrs n released one record. Better off in a tribute band apart from the pay...its the only diff

I was pretty clear in the fact that I was speculating in all this, so yes I pulled these numbers and scenarios "outta my arse" just like others put all the blame on Axl or pull their own theories outta their arse's...fact is no one knows for a fact a damn thing, its all just their own speculation, so what makes your theory or someone else's any more credible or reasonable?  The only fact that we can all agree on is there has been no new music released under the GNR name since CD in 2008.  The old 1986 cuts released in their box set were not CD era songs and probably have different ownership/rules governing how they were released.  Axl released a loony tunes song, not under the GNR name, so its clear he is ok in releasing things and not the hermit/hoarder you make him out to be.

If it is a legal issue, you keep your mouth shut, dont do interviews and get it sorted with the lawyers.  The last thing you want is someone slipping up in an interview and those words being twisted around by the record label and used against GNR.  There is a reason you have a "right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you."  You let the lawyer do your arguing, you dont say dumb shit to reporters and be at the mercy of the reporter changing around what you said (happens all the time) and that snippet coming back to screw your argument against the label.

Fortus has no ambition...do you know that?  He told you that personally?  He was in the Dead Daisies and left them when it came time to pick a band.  Could have been for the payday, sure...but maybe he see's the future brighter with GNR if they can release whatever they may or may not have music wise.

Again...we are all just speculating and making stuff up...can we agree on that?

Edited by Liva
added "not" to "may or may have music wise"

It's total BS that casual fans would be disappointed if they didn't play songs like CD, Better, Yesterdays, Coma, TIL, Sorry and so many others they've been playing for years.

They have to play Jungle, scom, nr, pc, don't cry, ycbm, Patience, kohd and maybe lald. (Don't think I forgot any.) That's 9. They can rotate all the rest with new songs or other deepcuts.

I'm not one of those asking a complete overhaul, but to pretend they have to play all these songs (3 hours+ set!!), is just silly.  It's not unreasonable to expect some changes now and again.

• Like 2
On 8.2.2020 at 2:22 PM, Coma16 said:

At least Ashba (finch, bucket and bumble) tried pushing this band forward

Pushing forward = at least having a guy with a top hat and a Les Paul in the band? 

36 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Pushing forward = at least having a guy with a top hat and a Les Paul in the band? 

Say what you want about him, but his intentions were to tour the shit out of Chinese Democracy and then produce the next record.  When that didn't happen he hit the road to do what he loves.

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Say what you want about him, but his intentions were to tour the shit out of Chinese Democracy and then produce the next record.  When that didn't happen he hit the road to do what he loves.

That same phrase can be said of every single person in GNR from 2001 outside of Axl. 

20 hours ago, adamsapple said:

110% this.

I do think Axl has been heavily medicated since 2011. Weight gain, less motivation, etc.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lio said:

It's total BS that casual fans would be disappointed if they didn't play songs like CD, Better, Yesterdays, Coma, TIL, Sorry and so many others they've been playing for years.

They have to play Jungle, scom, nr, pc, don't cry, ycbm, Patience, kohd and maybe lald. (Don't think I forgot any.) That's 9. They can rotate all the rest with new songs or other deepcuts.

I'm not one of those asking a complete overhaul, but to pretend they have to play all these songs (3 hours+ set!!), is just silly.  It's not unreasonable to expect some changes now and again.

Even new music could spark the interest of casuals. 

'GNR have a new album! It's better than the first album Appetite For What's it's face' 

I can't believe that some people would rather have riots and late starts again.:facepalm:

I also  think Axl's  been heavily medicated since 2011... but damn it, I wouldn't never ever want to see him that mad, full of anger, emotions and problems anymore.:max:

21 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I'm just waiting for someone to say that Axl has had a lobotomy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Politania said:

I can't believe that some people would rather have riots and late starts again.:facepalm:

I also  think Axl's  been heavily medicated since 2011... but damn it, I wouldn't never ever want to see him that mad, full of anger, emotions and problems anymore.:max:

It's more like a figure of speech, I don't want actual riots or late starts, but if Axl enjoys life and music more by going on a bit later and fans get a better performance out of that then that's better than the current state. I don't know why he's medicated, but I'd say he most likely is and it's no funny stuff.

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

It's more like a figure of speech, I don't want actual riots or late starts, but if Axl enjoys life and music more by going on a bit later and fans get a better performance out of that then that's better than the current state. I don't know why he's medicated, but I'd say he most likely is and it's no funny stuff.

it's no funny stuff, I agree with that. But I still claims I'd never wanted old times to go back, even little bit.

I think it could be medication or alcohol and with the rumors of Axl stopped drinking when he toured with AC/DC it makes somewhat sense, he lost weight his voice was better and seemed motivated, then 2017 hit and it's gone downhill.

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Why? Does Axl look like he's enjoying life less than at any other period we've seen him? I don't think so. 

Also, most fans are happy with the performance.

I'm not speculating on medication of medical condition, but Axl to me seems much happier and at ease since 2016 than ever maybe.

3 hours ago, Liva said:

I was pretty clear in the fact that I was speculating in all this, so yes I pulled these numbers and scenarios "outta my arse" just like others put all the blame on Axl or pull their own theories outta their arse's...fact is no one knows for a fact a damn thing, its all just their own speculation, so what makes your theory or someone else's any more credible or reasonable?  The only fact that we can all agree on is there has been no new music released under the GNR name since CD in 2008.  The old 1986 cuts released in their box set were not CD era songs and probably have different ownership/rules governing how they were released.  Axl released a loony tunes song, not under the GNR name, so its clear he is ok in releasing things and not the hermit/hoarder you make him out to be.

If it is a legal issue, you keep your mouth shut, dont do interviews and get it sorted with the lawyers.  The last thing you want is someone slipping up in an interview and those words being twisted around by the record label and used against GNR.  There is a reason you have a "right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you."  You let the lawyer do your arguing, you dont say dumb shit to reporters and be at the mercy of the reporter changing around what you said (happens all the time) and that snippet coming back to screw your argument against the label.

Fortus has no ambition...do you know that?  He told you that personally?  He was in the Dead Daisies and left them when it came time to pick a band.  Could have been for the payday, sure...but maybe he see's the future brighter with GNR if they can release whatever they may or may have music wise.

Again...we are all just speculating and making stuff up...can we agree on that?

I found this post helpful in my understanding of the present situation, thankyou.

• Thanks 1

@Liva Except Beta denied taking down videos and agreed videos are a promotion for the band. And GNR social media asked fans to post videos of their show experience.

Those are facts.

I basically scroll through all the setlist complaints nowadays. It's all very predictable. Setlist complaints are more boring than the setlist.

However, they seem to be able to add songs like Wichita, I feel good, BHS etc. I've seen eight shows and I think there's only one where I didn't get a song I hadn't heard before. It's not that choreographed. I don't think anyone realistically would expect or even want a complete overhaul. And they can and do add stuff to the set.

I just crave new music.

When that time comes, the usual suspects will be complaining. But many will be thrilled too. In fact, besides the complaining, when something amazing happens, most people will be enthusiastic (at least for a few hours😜).

As for Axl having meltdowns, at the Berlin show many things went wrong, Axl was obviously very frustrated, but he didn't storm off. He's less volatile these days and handles mishaps a lot better. Let's hope the storming off days are behind us.

• RussTCB unpinned this topic