01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

6 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

It all depends on what they'll release. If it's CD leftovers with Slash playing over the previous 12 guitarists then I don't think it'll be received that well. 

But who am I to talk. I don't see them releasing anything new to be honest.

Who's going to know that it's CD leftovers though? Just us on the forum; most of the general public won't know.

7 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I question how much the casual fan cares about new music at this point.  The ticket sales might simply represent that the prices are too high for the demand.  I was looking at some setlists from Aerosmith's current Vegas residency.  They seem to play 17 songs a night and two are covers.  Of the 15 original songs, one (Pink) is from Nine Lives and they don't play anything original from their last 3 studio albums.

It seems that their fan base wants to hear the old stuff.  Obviously they released a ton more music than GNR that would be in their "old stuff" category.  However, I can't imagine a band like GNR could create anything in 2020 that comes close to what people would expect from them.

Basically, if they release a new album and nobody cares to purchase/stream the new music then why would it be a selling point to perform the new songs live?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for GNR to release some great new songs, I am just very skeptical that they'd be great (or even good) if they released something.

If it's any good, which it should be, a new album would create a lot of hype. The kids and the casuals would be all over it trying to get a photo with the band playing in the background holding a warm beer. 

Aerosmith don't need a new album. They're saying goodbye and their last original album was released in 2012 so it's not really new music. It was also their worst album. Yet Aerosmith have still released new music after Chinese Democracy 

2 hours ago, Liva said:

man...you should do some research before you open your mouth.   I live in NJ and primarily go to shows in my area which is pretty obvious other than a few here and there.  I am Jaded because I havent seen GNR since 2017 you say...show me on this list where they have played near NJ or NYC since the last 10/16/2017 MSG show https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour .  Ahhh, lightblub, they haven't...2020 Metlife will be the first time in this area since that 2017 show...so WRONG

I didnt prioritize any band, I saw as many shows as I could, no matter who was playing within a reasonable driving distance.  SMKC was touring in 2018 and 2019 in the NYC area, GNR was not.

So out of this list of shows, you arbitrarily think I only saw 2002 boston and 1 2006 hammerstein when izzy showed up?  Just those two?  Those are the ones you convinced yourself are legit?  If that is what you got out of that post and this thread in general, its no wonder you are confused.

buddy out of the many shows you've seen, you've seen two good ones - cash out while you can and get over yourself 

6 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

buddy out of the many shows you've seen, you've seen two good ones - cash out while you can and get over yourself 

soooo....guessing you cant find those magical NYC area GNR shows I missed in 2018 and 2019.  Admit it, your argument fell flat on its face.  You called me out, you look dumb now, admit it, might make you feel better.  The person deciding who is a fan and who isnt is quite rich, maybe you should take your own advice and get over yourself.  I am a pretty happy GNR fan, only had to prove myself after your snarky comments.

If you are so dissatisfied with the band, why continue to follow them? 

Let me know when you find those 2018 and 2019 NYC area shows I missed...HAHA!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I question how much the casual fan cares about new music at this point.  The ticket sales might simply represent that the prices are too high for the demand.  I was looking at some setlists from Aerosmith's current Vegas residency.  They seem to play 17 songs a night and two are covers.  Of the 15 original songs, one (Pink) is from Nine Lives and they don't play anything original from their last 3 studio albums.

It seems that their fan base wants to hear the old stuff.  Obviously they released a ton more music than GNR that would be in their "old stuff" category.  However, I can't imagine a band like GNR could create anything in 2020 that comes close to what people would expect from them.

Basically, if they release a new album and nobody cares to purchase/stream the new music then why would it be a selling point to perform the new songs live?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for GNR to release some great new songs, I am just very skeptical that they'd be great (or even good) if they released something.

Great post. I 100% believe that the prices are the reason the main reason for the slow ticket sales.  They were able to pull it off for the initial reunion but people don't want to keep dumping that kind of money to see the same band.  At least they don't need feel the urgency to jump on tickets right away as the must see show of the summer.  There is a lot of competition out there and people may not know what they want to do yet.  These aren't immediate sellouts but tickets will still slowly sell.  I also agree new music won't sell many tickets and most likely won't be very good. For the most part people going to shows want to hear the old shit and tolerate any new shit.  New music may cause a buzz (for better or for worse) but I don't think the world is dying to hear new music from these guys at almost 60 years old.. Unless they decided to blow peoples faces off with a hard rock record in the vein of Appetite.  I am also not sure the lineup has totally won anyone over either.. You have Slash, Duff and a totally unrecognizable Axl who isn't half the frontman he used to be.  The rest still come across a a generic backing band with an annoying blue haired bobblehead. 

For new music I feel their best option would be to put everything they have into an EP with 3 or 4  heavy/rocking songs and a few good sounding songs from NITL.. No ballads and no forced/filler crap.  If they only release a couple songs and they are legitimately good, that may create some buzz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liva said:

soooo....guessing you cant find those magical NYC area GNR shows I missed in 2018 and 2019.  Admit it, your argument fell flat on its face.  You called me out, you look dumb now, admit it, might make you feel better.  The person deciding who is a fan and who isnt is quite rich, maybe you should take your own advice and get over yourself.  I am a pretty happy GNR fan, only had to prove myself after your snarky comments.

If you are so dissatisfied with the band, why continue to follow them? 

Let me know when you find those 2018 and 2019 NYC area shows I missed...HAHA!

u didn't fly anywhere like i have cheapskate (jk)

and if you're motivated to see them in 2020 after this hurting non-changing attitude of theirs than i admire you gas lighting their non-fan friendly non stop cirque de soleil touring act which brings them down 10 hundred levels in authenticity 

so again, i don't want to repeat myself but be happy for the two good shows you've seen and cash out while you can, i'm trying to be your friend 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

u didn't fly anywhere like i have cheapskate 

and if you're motivated to see them in 2020 after this hurting non-changing attitude of theirs than i admire you gas lighting their non-fan friendly non stop touring which brings them down 10 hundred levels in authenticity 

so again, i don't want to repeat myself but be happy for the two good shows you've seen and cash out while you can, i'm trying to be your friend 

You might want to rethink your trying to be friends with people and not calling them cheapskates would be a good place to start. Also bragging about where you've flown to to see GNR isn't arrogant or big headed at all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

u didn't fly anywhere like i have cheapskate 

and if you're motivated to see them in 2020 after this hurting non-changing attitude of theirs than i admire you gas lighting their non-fan friendly non stop touring which brings them down 10 hundred levels of authenticity 

"jaded" "not a genuine fan" "cheapskate"  all at the same time AND you want to be my friend?  You're wrong on everything you said, just admit it, clearly you cant and make little to no sense in your ramblings.

oh and I flew to see them in Vegas night 1 2016...i took my "cheapskate" ass on a jet plane to go see them, you just cant stop making yourself look dumber and dumber...  you done yet?  Lets move on, shall we?

7 minutes ago, Liva said:

"jaded" "not a genuine fan" "cheapskate"  all at the same time AND you want to be my friend?  You're wrong on everything you said, just admit it, clearly you cant and make little to no sense in your ramblings.

oh and I flew to see them in Vegas night 1 2016...i took my "cheapskate" ass on a jet plane to go see them, you just cant stop making yourself look dumber and dumber...  you done yet?  Lets move on, shall we?

jaded isn't an insult, its honest but not insulting and i was joking about the cheapskate comment - sorry i hadn't read about you flying to vegas but that show sucked as well, however i am slightly jealous you saw coma for the first time that must've been cool 

look, i want to make this pissing match with no offense intended you've spent way too much on shows and seem prepared to spend a lot more, that's why I'm trying to be your friend 

For me I've seen 5 shows and 4 of them were good - in 2017 I gave away the 5 tickets i bought because i saw the nose dive happening, i don't know why you think things are so hunky dory now to continue supporting them, that being said I will admit i am a very bitter and abused fan looking for more so i don't want others to go in that rabbit hole 

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

jaded isn't an insult, its honest but not insulting and i was joking about the cheapskate comment - sorry i hadn't read about you flying to vegas but that show sucked as well, however i am slightly jealous you saw coma for the first time that must've been cool 

look, i want to make this pissing match with no offense intended you've spent way too much on shows and seem prepared to spend a lot more, that's why I'm trying to be your friend 

For me I've seen 5 shows and 4 of them were good - in 2017 I gave away the 5 tickets i bought because i saw the nose dive happening, i don't know why you think things are so hunky dory now to continue supporting them, that being said I will admit i am a bitter and abused fan 

You being a bitter and abused( abuse or abused aren't words I'd throw around but that's just me) fan is your issue. I'm going to see GNR this year for the fourth time in Dublin. Going by your logic in the two posts I've seen I'm an idiot for seeing them again. 

Nobody is forcing anyone including you or me to buy tickets to see the band you know. You don't want to see the band live again, then knock yourself out and don't but people are and honestly if the last two posts by you calling people cheapskates and saying we are gaslighting is reflective of your posting history then it's good I've not seen them before now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

You being a bitter and abused( abuse or abused aren't words I'd throw around but that's just me) fan is your issue. I'm going to see GNR this year for the fourth time in Dublin. Going by your logic in the two posts I've seen I'm an idiot for seeing them again. 

Nobody is forcing anyone including you or me to buy tickets to see the band you know. You don't want to see the band live again, then knock yourself out and don't but people are and honestly if the last two posts by you calling people cheapskates and saying we are gaslighting is reflective of your posting history then it's good I've not seen them before now. 

ok newbie i may buy more tickets for GNR this year but not how they're rolling and i am entitled to my opinion mon frère 

4 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

For me I've seen 5 shows and 4 of them were good - in 2017 I gave away the 5 tickets i bought because i saw the nose dive happening, i don't know why you think things are so hunky dory now to continue supporting them, that being said I will admit i am a very bitter and abused fan looking for more so i don't want others to go in that rabbit hole 

you make no sense and are making excuses now that you realize what an ass you made yourself out to be. 

I can spend my money on whatever I want, I didnt come here for financial advice or an accountant.  I enjoy seeing live music, i chose to spend my money on that.  I saw Dirty Honey last week and the Glorious Sons 2 weeks ago, if you think they are not good bands, should I feel like I wasted my money? No thanks dude.

Giving away 5 paid for tickets, thats a waste of money, dont know any other way to characterize that.

People spend money as they please on what makes them happy

If I spend $200 for a 3+ hour live GNR show, and leave entertained and happy, does that make it any better or worse than 

1.  spending $200 on a great dinner

2. spending $200 on drinks at a bar

3. spending $200 on flowers for a girl

4. spending $200 on a drum throne

5. spending $200 on a jacket

6. spending $200 on a broadway show

Drop the "trying to be friend" stuff...you have a list of negative things to call GNR, but i think you can call yourself "fake"

If you are here for financial advice, I would say, stop visiting this forum since you seem to hate everything about this band and use your internet connection for something more useful.  If this is the only thing you do online, then cancel your internet contract and save that money.

Pissing match over

• Like 2

ok newbie i may buy more tickets for GNR this year but not how they're rolling and i am entitled to my opinion mon frère 

Where did I say you weren't entitled to your opinion ? I never say you weren't. "Ok newbie" ? I may be a newbie in this incarnation of my username here but I'm not a newbie as it pertains to GNR. 

So you went from saying people were gaslighting(among other words)by buying tickets to the see the band to now saying you might buy tickets to see them this year. How does that work ? 

Edited by IrishgunnerII
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

hey man, I cant believe you are going to see GNR and plan on having a great time.  I think you have to ask permission to enjoy them now?!?  make sure you run it by the financial advisors first to ensure you arent wasting your money.

nahhhhh....ffff that.   Enjoy the show!

5 minutes ago, Liva said:

you make no sense and are making excuses now that you realize what an ass you made yourself out to be. 

I can spend my money on whatever I want, I didnt come here for financial advice or an accountant.  I enjoy seeing live music, i chose to spend my money on that.  I saw Dirty Honey last week and the Glorious Sons 2 weeks ago, if you think they are not good bands, should I feel like I wasted my money? No thanks dude.

Giving away 5 paid for tickets, thats a waste of money, dont know any other way to characterize that.

People spend money as they please on what makes them happy

If I spend $200 for a 3+ hour live GNR show, and leave entertained and happy, does that make it any better or worse than 

1.  spending $200 on a great dinner

2. spending $200 on drinks at a bar

3. spending $200 on flowers for a girl

4. spending $200 on a drum throne

5. spending $200 on a jacket

6. spending $200 on a broadway show

Drop the "trying to be friend" stuff...you have a list of negative things to call GNR, but i think you can call yourself "fake"

If you are here for financial advice, I would say, stop visiting this forum since you seem to hate everything about this band and use your internet connection for something more useful.  If this is the only thing you do online, then cancel your internet contract and save that money.

Pissing match over

geez you really go in detail on money examples 

i'll send you charts to study later if you want 

the five i gave away allowed me to save money on travel expenses and a friend to enjoy a wedding present so touché mon ami 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Side note to the discussion above: the amount of money you spend on a band has absolutely nothing to do with whether you're a fan or not. 

agreed, lets keep it about the love of the music they made and are performing (still) and not airlines miles accrued to get to shows.  Sure we all want more music from them, just some reasonable minds need to prevail on what will actually happen vs what will most likely happen.  Solid forum you run here, thanks for all you do.  I come to the forum for news and updates and cool tidbits, the constant whining brings the mood down.  The arrogant members are a drag, but in general its been a solid 15+ years of lurking for me and provided me with a wealth of knowledge.  This will be my 36th post in 15+ years, gotta be some record low on the interaction spectrum.

thank you RussTCB!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Side note to the discussion above: the amount of money you spend on a band has absolutely nothing to do with whether you're a fan or not. 

agreed but in GNR's case I don't know what they value more die hards who spend a lot (doubtful) vs the masses of casual fans that buy 80% of the tickets - for now GNR sells tickets based on the name and slash being back in the mix nothing else 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Where did I say you weren't entitled to your opinion ? I never say you weren't. "Ok newbie" ? I may be a newbie in this incarnation of my username here but I'm not a newbie as it pertains to GNR. 

So you went from saying people were gaslighting(among other words)by buying tickets to the see the band to now saying you might buy tickets to see them this year. How does that work ? 

i escaped the "newbie" moniker because my username dates back to 2005, thanks for taking that one for the team.  Among other words he used, gas lighting was another misuse.  It would be insinuating the I am a victim of GNR and they have been somehow physiologically manipulating me.  Guy prob things the moon is made out of cheese too.  GNR offers a show, I am not forced to go, the price of admission is upfront.  I can choose on my own to buy tickets or not.  I feel pretty free to make my own decision.  I live 20 minutes from MSG, so maybe if I take a helicopter or private jet there, i will fulfill his criteria of not being a cheapskate, and finally work my way to genuine fan status. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Liva said:

i escaped the "newbie" moniker because my username dates back to 2005, thanks for taking that one for the team.  Among other words he used, gas lighting was another misuse.  It would be insinuating the I am a victim of GNR and they have been somehow physiologically manipulating me.  Guy prob things the moon is made out of cheese too.  GNR offers a show, I am not forced to go, the price of admission is upfront.  I can choose on my own to buy tickets or not.  I feel pretty free to make my own decision.  I live 20 minutes from MSG, so maybe if I take a helicopter or private jet there, i will fulfill his criteria of not being a cheapskate, and finally work my way to genuine fan status. 

ahhh u made my bite again lol 

gaslighting along with jaded were indeed correct terms to describe your positioning 

for the last time, my use of cheapskate was joking sarcastically how much you've spent and I expressed humor in having a pissing match on how much I've spent 

since we already agreed on the jaded statement let me explain the gas lighting for u

your POV doesn't help at all GNR to change their ways, it encourages them and others to follow this logic of encouragement and to remain solvent while milking the shitty ass set list and lineup that they've thrown down everyones throats for what will be 4+ years with no new music 

i am sure many others who have either already ejected themselves from following the ludicrous act that this band has become would agree with me - you expressing that everything is A ok gets under my skin a little, not a lot but enough for me to make it known 

now if they indeed change their ways i'll be on board with you and i'll pay for the uber coming via Newark to the show - if they don't then i will indeed shut the fuck up for good 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

agreed but in GNR's case I don't know what they value more die hards who spend a lot (doubtful) vs the masses of casual fans that buy 80% of the tickets - for now GNR sells tickets based on the name and slash being back in the mix nothing else 

I would assume they value any fan, anyone who is impacted or enjoys their music.  The band provides a service (3 hour show) and in return fans pay for a ticket to see the show.  So I paid for a service which happens to be a live concert by my favorite band.  GNR most likely gets a guarantee and arent directly collecting on ticket sales, there may be kickers and milestones if they sell out or reach a certain milestone.  But if face value is $250 and a DIE HARD fans buys that ticket for $500 off stubhub,  GNR doesnt get the difference, they dont get $500...they dont even get the $250. They get the guarantee or whatever their contract stipulates.  Over the years I have bought tickets off stubhub and overpaid.  Should Axl give me preferential treatment cause a scalper made money off me?  Your arguments validity are decreasing at an increasing rate

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ahhh u made my bite again lol 

gaslighting along with jaded were indeed correct terms to describe your positioning 

for the last time, my use of cheapskate was joking at the irony of how much you've spent and I expressed humor in having a pissing match on how much I've spent 

since we already agreed on the jaded statement let me explain the gas lighting for u

your POV doesn't help at all GNR to change their ways, it encourages them and others to follow this logic of encouragement and to remain solvent while milking the shitty ass set list and lineup that they've thrown down everyones throats for what will be 4+ years with no new music 

i am sure many others who have either already ejected themselves from following the ludicrous act that this band has become would agree with me - you expressing that everything is A ok gets under my skin a little, not a lot but enough for me to make it known 

now if they indeed change their ways i'll be on board with you and i'll pay for the uber coming via Newark to the show - if they don't then i will indeed shut the fuck up for good 

once again...if you hate the band, dont go to the shows, and stop coming here and insulting members.  They are selling MILLIONS of tickets, unless you plan to organize massive protests outside each arena/stadium, you are accomplishing nothing other than running your mouth.  To think what you are doing is taking a stand and going to change GNR's ways is a joke. 

GNR Camp Member: Hey Axl, a couple of guys on this forum have some complaints and demand changes

Axl: How many are complaining?

GNR Camp Member:  I dunno, maybe 200 of them

Axl: How many tickets have we sold, and out of those 200, how many have actually seen this tour in person

GNR Camp Member:  over 4 million ticket sold, currently top 5 grossing tours of ALL time, should we change it up to please these 200 people, maybe half have seen a live show on the NITL tour?

Axl:  Nah, Im all set, I look out every night to smiling faces and cheering people, think we are doing ok.

If these complaints actually even get to Axl, that is probably what the convo goes like.  Come on man.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

If people keep turning up for the next round of shows, then everything is A ok.

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Yes, people attending the shows does send a strong signal to the band that what they are doing makes fans happy. And that signal is: "the set list is great, the lineup is great, we love this and are willing to pay for it". The fact that you happen to think the setlist and lineup is shitty, and that the band throws it down your throat, doesn't really matter, and shouldn't either, as long as you are in the minority. It would be weird of a band to focus on servicing a minority of fans (you and those who agree with you) over the majority of fans who obviously think the shows are great. 

Of course the band could do both. They could release new music and still play shows that mostly cater to nostalgia. They could mix up one half of the setlists more while still keeping the classics that most concert goers expect to hear. The one doesn't rule out the other. But somehow thinking the band will change what is by all metrics a working business model because you happen to think the setlist is shitty, doesn't make much sense. And as for claiming it is being thrown down your throat, I don't get that at all. Just don't go to the shows if you don't like it. No one is forcing you. No one is throwing anything down your throat.  I am sure you still have free will. I happen to not go to the majority of concerts happening in my city, because I don't like the artists, don't have time, etc, nothing is being forced down my throat. I realize you might be such a die-hard fan that you feel obligated to attend every GN'R show, that you have invested so much emotionally that you take it as a personal insult when the band does bad in your eyes, but that's really on you.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If people keep turning up for the next round of shows, then everything is A ok.

Yes, people attending the shows does send a strong signal to the band that what they are doing makes fans happy. And that signal is: "the set list is great, the lineup is great, we love this and are willing to pay for it". The fact that you happen to think the setlist and lineup is shitty, and that the band throws it down your throat, doesn't really matter, and shouldn't either, as long as you are in the minority. It would be weird of a band to focus on servicing a minority of fans (you and those who agree with you) over the majority of fans who obviously think the shows are great. 

Of course the band could do both. They could release new music and still play shows that mostly cater to nostalgia. They could mix up one half of the setlists more while still keeping the classics that most concert goers expect to hear. The one doesn't rule out the other. But somehow thinking the band will change what is by all metrics a working business model because you happen to think the setlist is shitty, doesn't make much sense. And as for claiming it is being thrown down your throat, I don't get that at all. Just don't go to the shows if you don't like it. No one is forcing you. No one is throwing anything down your throat.  I am sure you still have free will. I happen to not go to the majority of concerts happening in my city, because I don't like the artists, don't have time, etc, nothing is being forced down my throat. I realize you might be such a die-hard fan that you feel obligated to attend every GN'R show, that you have invested so much emotionally that you take it as a personal insult when the band does bad in your eyes, but that's really on you.

well said 

but half of me really wants to go but as i am an avid follower of the band i wouldn't see them at all with the pace that they are on furthermore i've been more than faithful enough to expect in some manner that the dog won't continue to lie down 

wheres T-Bone when i need him