03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

4 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Can't remember the exact quote but it was something like this

"SA is not labeled as "The Next Chapter" but Europe and NA are. That must mean something don't you think"

It certainly looks to me like the band have labelled it as such though, by that Instagram post. I wonder if there are any more examples of it out there to clear it up? 

25 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

"SA is not labeled as "The Next Chapter" but Europe and NA are. That must mean something don't you think"

The dude is evidently an unofficial employee of TB. He works within the intent to make nice with his benefactor, i.e. say only nice things and not say anything he's not allowed to, while making people believe that what he runs is essentially an independent forum and not a proxy controlled by F'Nando's will. 
He don't really matter. Gonna find out for yourself. 

Edited by jamillos

13 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

GNR at festivals lick balls they've never done anything good at any festival EVER other than say Donnignton 

Donnington 2006 and Rock AM Ring 2006 were both good, yeah, but usually GnR has bad luck at festivals. Donnington 1988 (crowd surge), Rock in Rio 1991 (sound problems), Rock in Rio 2001 (voice problems), Leeds 2002 (temper tantrum), Reading and Leeds 2010 (disaster), Rock in Rio 2011 (disaster), Bridge School 2012 (disaster), Governor’s Ball 2014 (petition to get GnR kicked off the bill), Coachella 2016 (a bunch of kids in the crowd who didn’t even care), Rock in Rio 2017 (disaster)... There’s probably more I’m forgetting, honestly.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I like Zodiac but the problem is it’s too “buckethead-ish” to really fit with where the band is now. Maybe it’d make a good b-side or something.

As It Began has potential, I suppose. I wonder if Axl ever wrote lyrics for it.

I’ve mentioned elsewhere that Zodiac sounds like Mechanical Animals era Marilyn Manson which is a VERY good things as that’s his best IMO (I think Sean Bevan produced that one too).

As It Began actually works as an instrumental anyway and flows into Perhaps very well. Lyrics would be cool but happy as-is.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Donnington 2006 and Rock AM Ring 2006 were both good, yeah, but usually GnR has bad luck at festivals. Donnington 1988 (crowd surge), Rock in Rio 1991 (sound problems), Rock in Rio 2001 (voice problems), Leeds 2002 (temper tantrum), Reading and Leeds 2010 (disaster), Rock in Rio 2011 (disaster), Bridge School 2012 (disaster), Governor’s Ball 2014 (petition to get GnR kicked off the bill), Coachella 2016 (a bunch of kids in the crowd who didn’t even care), Rock in Rio 2017 (disaster)... There’s probably more I’m forgetting, honestly.

There were a few good festival shows from GN'R. Just not in proshot quality.

Or at least not available to the public.

Just now, ThePreacher said:

Simple response to that nonsense is send him the official GNR instagram link. There's no 2 ways to read what it says. "Europe and South America 2020, the next chapter is F'n coming!" :D 

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If it turns out to be nothing this Saturday I’ll just forget about a new album and set my sites on potential UYI reissue(s) and/or some kinda new demos box.

Yeah. It's saturday or bust for me too. Everything else would be a slap in the face for the SA hardcore fans... or....

Another reason to do another SA leg next year, with new material...

3 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Yeah. It's saturday or bust for me too. Everything else would be a slap in the face for the SA hardcore fans... or....

They could just do one new song on this SA tour and then come back next year to do more songs. That’d be the logical thing to do... But as we always have to remind ourselves, Logic doesn’t apply with GnR... sigh...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

what happened in Leeds 2002 this is the best period of nu gnr ! lol 

8 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

I think what would annoy me the most is the notion of being told something is the 'next chapter' and it not being the case.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

what happened in Leeds 2002 this is the best period of nu gnr ! lol 

Axl showed up late and the people running the festival wanted to cut the set short after November Rain and then Axl threw a temper tantrum onstage to get them to let him finish the full set (they stopped after Nightrain with no usual Patience/ Paradise City encore, if I recall correctly).

Then Axl tried to pull the same crap again at Reading and Leeds 2010, but both times, the show organizers weren’t willing to deal with his bullshit anymore, and they shut the lights and sound off after November Rain, both times.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Axl showed up late and the people running the festival wanted to cut the set short after November Rain and then Axl threw a temper tantrum onstage to get them to let him finish the full set (they stopped after Nightrain with no usual Patience/ Paradise City encore, if I recall correctly).

Then Axl tried to pull the same crap again at Reading and Leeds 2010, but both times, the show organizers weren’t willing to deal with his bullshit anymore, and they shut the lights and sound off after November Rain, both times.

I was there - amazing show. They finished the set. 

Axl had two major rants - one when someone shouted 'where's Slash?' at him, and the other when he was told he had to stop playing. They carried on though. I heard, anecdotally, that the police were on site, threatening to arrest he festival manager if they carried on playing. He told them, yeah they could arrest him, and pull the plug, but they may have a riot and it would be easier to let them finish so that's what happened. 

Reading and Leeds 2010 I was there too - different kettle of fish, and plug DID get pulled. Reading saw the band refuse to leave the stage and Axl singing into a megaphone. 2002 was a fantastic show.....2010 less so. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I do remember the 2010 incident but the 2002 one to me is more intriguing considering this was there first mini leg of the comeback lolz how late was he in 2002 and in 2010? 

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

I do remember the 2010 incident but the 2002 one to me is more intriguing considering this was there first mini leg of the comeback lolz how late was he in 2002 and in 2010? 

2002 he was very late - to the point I thought he wasn't coming. 

2010 he wasn't really that late- it was more that the stage turnaround time wasn't sufficient, which delayed everything significantly. 

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Idk how late he was each time lol. Probably pretty late, knowing him. As shitty as 2011-2014 was, at least he was always on time (same with 2016-onward). The Reading/Leeds embarrassment in 2010 is probably what finally got him to snap out of that “I’m gonna show up late” bullshit.

It was at Reading where they ended up performing a 'sit in' from memory after the power was cut off! Didn't they do an acoustic version of something?

I was at Leeds fest which was the day after i think, convinced they wouldn't even play the show! 

Anyway, it was a good gig in the end although shorter than normal from what i can recall. 

Edited by bangit

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Reading 2010 was one of the last real "Classic Axl" moments though. No other artists would've pulled the shit that he did. :lol:

1 minute ago, rebeldhipi said:

I dont see why rock in rio 2017 was disaster

Have you listened to it? Axl sounds brutal on lots of songs... Coma from that show is legitimately depressing to listen to.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Reading 2010 was one of the last real "Classic Axl" moments though. No other artists would've pulled the shit that he did. :lol:

Have you listened to it? Axl sounds brutal on lots of songs... Coma from that show is legitimately depressing to listen to.

I have a couple times.

Is it the best show they ever did?

No

Was it great?

Yes.

I dont really mind axl not souding like 2010 all the time. For example i think his singing on the 2012 dvd is great. Not as good as rock am ring 2006 but still great. Same here

1 minute ago, rebeldhipi said:

I have a couple times.

Is it the best show they ever did?

No

Was it great?

Yes.

I dont really mind axl not souding like 2010 all the time. For example i think his singing on the 2012 dvd is great. Not as good as rock am ring 2006 but still great. Same here

I definitely wouldn't call it great.

He didn't have to sound like 2010... He was pretty good in 2016, but by Rio 2017 he was coasting through a huge portion of the show. I saw them about 3 weeks before the Rio show, and he sounded weak at those shows too. One of my friends was also at the Seattle 2016 show, and when he heard recordings from Rio and the Forum 2017 shows, he was surprised at how bad Axl sounded.

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

90 percent of those disasters are squarely mr roses fault.

• Like 2