Jump to content

03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jwalker19 said:

Not trying to upset anyone, just asking a genuine question. What's up with the moderator control? I was keeping up on this thread all night and was surprised to see the constant mention of deleting repetitive comments, staying on topic and closing of the thread when everyone was livid. It just seems like it's never been controlled like that before.

i have my theories 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry.....but anyone saying that Axl meant something racist by that remark is REALLY reaching or just needs something to be offended by. 

Are you new to Guns N Roses?

All effort spared

Posted Images

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

axl said somethiing that in my view could be racist prior to november rain

his piano was broken he said

these dirty motherfuckers broke the piano 

i have it on video - and he goes on to say yeah i have like 29 pianos etc... other than that axl was on form last night 

just dissapointed no real new songs other than so fine which i enjoyed a lot 

Wow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Great they nearly played an unreleased song and sounded ok.....but come on folks. 

I can't think of a single band who would play the (broadly) same set for 5 years. Not one. 

The bar has become so low now in terms of what we're excited by. 

Basically any band of their age/success.

Even if they released a new double (hell even triple) album the setlist would still mostly be as it is now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

Not trying to upset anyone, just asking a genuine question. What's up with the moderator control? I was keeping up on this thread all night and was surprised to see the constant mention of deleting repetitive comments, staying on topic and closing of the thread when everyone was livid. It just seems like it's never been controlled like that before.

I'd say it has a lot to do with letting cooler heads prevail. But if it's also a small effort to mend relations with gnr/management so be it! No harm having a dialogue... but I don't think we're being censored 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Basically any band of their age/success.

Even if they released a new double (hell even triple) album the setlist would still mostly be as it is now.

lol sure

2 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

What are they?

hmmm lets just say someone else already said it but i think it was deleted 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Printed in January

FB-IMG-1584288422978.jpg

If this was indeed the correct setlist (and that's a big if).

Then they clearly cut a lot from last nights setlist (not even shadow of your love made it in). 

Perhaps they decided to cut the bulk of the new stuff because they'll be doing the bulk of the tour later in the year. Still weird though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

Not trying to upset anyone, just asking a genuine question. What's up with the moderator control? I was keeping up on this thread all night and was surprised to see the constant mention of deleting repetitive comments, staying on topic and closing of the thread when everyone was livid. It just seems like it's never been controlled like that before.

I cut out about half way through the show, but I was involved with deleting of people posting the song titles over and over. It just kept the thread more streamlined to have 1 post with the next song in the set instead of 10. I went to bed about half way through the show, so I can't speak for what occurred after that. 

14 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i have my theories 

LOL, no matter how many times you try to insinuate it; TB has absolutely no control and nothing to do with how we run this site. Never has, never will. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

If this was indeed the correct setlist (and that's a big if).

Then they clearly cut a lot from last nights setlist (not even shadow of your love made it in). 

Perhaps they decided to cut the bulk of the new stuff because they'll be doing the bulk of the tour later in the year. Still weird though.

 

thats annoying as fuck i knew they cut out songs i only went to hear think about you and PTU 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

thats annoying as fuck i knew they cut out songs i only went to hear think about you and PTU 

So you only bought tickets to gnr to hear 2 songs they haven't played in 10 and 20 years? Not a solid investment given the bands stance on changing the set😅 

When I bought tickets for Lisbon I knew the chances of hearing the old set were still very high, I take my chances and IF the show goes ahead I'm just going to enjoy the show and have a few drinks.

If I got last nights show, I'd be pretty happy tbh!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

So you only bought tickets to gnr to hear 2 songs they haven't played in 10 and 20 years? Not a solid investment given the bands stance on changing the set😅 

When I bought tickets for Lisbon I knew the chances of hearing the old set were still very high, I take my chances and IF the show goes ahead I'm just going to enjoy the show and have a few drinks.

If I got last nights show, I'd be pretty happy tbh!

Yeah half of the reason was that axl rehearsed as well so knew he would do a good job which he did 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

PPL please stop saying that HS was on the setlist: that is a photo that someone posted on facebook, God knows who posted it (anyone can create a "setlist" and print it out and post it online), and even if legit, it is from JANUARY 31st. We all want new songs, but last night Axl did a great job (besides the coronavirus joke and the dirty mention to whoever he was referring to - that is not a nice way to refer to anyone that works for you - unless if those are from TB, that it would be ok LOL :lol:)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty cool you're crazy! I love the pace of the set now we're one song ends, lights out and Frank (who is much, much more restrained of late) is already into the next song! THIS is give the set should have been from 2016! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I cut out about half way through the show, but I was involved with deleting of people posting the song titles over and over. It just kept the thread more streamlined to have 1 post with the next song in the set instead of 10. I went to bed about half way through the show, so I can't speak for what occurred after that. 

LOL, no matter how many times you try to insinuate it; TB has absolutely no control and nothing to do with how we run this site. Never has, never will. 

I think Team Brazil would have had you ban me for my earlier comments on this thread already. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The band was very energetic and into the show last nite. I enjoyed pretty much the whole show from the streams. Axl was on fire and definitely changed my recent pessimistic view from the band. Wish we could've had more surprises but the bigger picture is that Axl is caring again, which is awesome.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jafeijo said:

The band was very energetic and into the show last nite. I enjoyed pretty much the whole show from the streams. Axl was on fire and definitely changed my recent pessimistic view from the band. Wish we could've had more surprises but the bigger picture is that Axl is caring again, which is awesome.

He chatted and interacted with crowd bit more too 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Overall, this was a great show. Remove all the bullshit and whining. Band was great. Ax was in fine form. 
 

Onward. 

To provide an example I thought he would slaughter scom but he fucking nailed it lol all of it!!

 

my biggest but is dead horse axl can’t do the main parts that well extremely challenging and it’s the song that frank butchers the most

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
Link to post
Share on other sites

lol i don't know why everyone is mad with the setlist i mean yeah they didn't play HS but imo is not a good song lol i rather to hear Atlas, the setlist was good and they played so fine for the first time in almost 27 years ( the sad part is that axl didn't sing any part of the song so that sucks lol), crazy and DH, axl voice was good, sooo you know what is the baad part of the show ?? they didn't played the seeker bruh...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...