03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl sounded surprisingly good, especially for the first show after a break. It sucks that he didn't even sing on the only addition to the setlist, though.

Maybe because he's been in studio recording vocals for the upcoming record. :wow:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Do we think Axl pushed a bit more due to knowing this was gonna be it for a short while? Certainly sounded stronger than most first shows.

That's my guess. And it was a shorter show so he could keep it up throughout.

If that setlist that was posted earlier is real then that would be an amazing show to see.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

That's my guess. And it was a shorter show so he could keep it up throughout.

If that setlist that was posted earlier is real then that would be an amazing show to see.

Here’s hoping the Portugal gig still happens, and that that’s the show they get!

34 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Is that confirmed?

What is confirmed is that Livenation postponed all tours across the world indefinitely, they are reassessing this decision at the start of April, besides that nothing is certain. SA at present seems to be done with, Europe is in the air, everything else (for every band work with LN) is also in the air.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Is that confirmed?

No

GNR doesn’t have anything scheduled till May

All tours that are going on right now are postponed by live nation

LiveNation will make a decision  by April and we go from there.  Doesn’t affect Europe or NA yet

nothing is confirmed 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

21 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What is confirmed is that Livenation postponed all tours across the world indefinitely, they are reassessing this decision at the start of April, besides that nothing is certain. SA at present seems to be done with, Europe is in the air, everything else (for every band work with LN) is also in the air.

This. 

100% this. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Stereophonics have just played in Manchester and the twitter outrage is sizable, e.g.,

Surely they have just done what GN'R have done in Mexico?

Rolling Stone tweeted an article saying the GN'R show never should have happened. They also said that "GNR refesus to stop their world tour" which isn't true.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Stereophonics have just played in Manchester and the twitter outrage is sizable, e.g.,

Surely they have just done what GN'R have done in Mexico?

GNR played open air... but yes, i get your point.  On the other side.. nobody is forced to attend a festival...🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

I would share the video if I was permitted so you could undersntwnd or I Can transcribe for u again but you’ll play dumb 

It’s not necessary. I’m not playing dumb. But it’s the stupidest thing anyone’s ever heard. 

I listened a few times during the show on one of the dodgy Facebook feeds. Did Axl seem unusually chatty during the show?

I mean that’s great, I appreciate him being happy, so it was a nice surprise. I remember him commenting that his piano had Coronavirus at one stage (maybe as they were preparing for November Rain).