03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Exactly. That user has been pushing this agenda ever since it happened. Those people were "dirty motherfuckers" because they broke his fucking piano. Not because they are "dirty mexicans". It's just low to insinuate that he meant something like that.

I also think it's childish to have created a YouTube video with such a misleading title. 

• Like 1

Ok I knew the black lash would happen but I know what he meant and as a Mexican i found it funny myself then his pompous remark of having 29 pianos seemed slight provided the level of poverty among the goers

but mostly If you need to know I’m more mad about not hearing PTU and TAU hence this outing 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i grew up being called a dirty mexican by friends in humorous fashion so i get it 

that being said i could give a fuck 

Then why make a YouTube video with a misleading title and continue to talk about it here as if it's a real thing when it's not? 

19 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

I edited the title accordingly to be more neutral 

and as for your last statement - real or not I know what he meant 

By "I know what he meant", I sure hope you mean "I know he didn't mean it as a racist statement" 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Guys, there are two sides to what he said, whether you like it, or not 

I don't think what he said was racist by any means, but I understand other people can see it the other way 

Edited by Duwz
so people don't think i'm dumb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i dont think he would call all his own crew dirty although its possible also provided the coronavirus im guessing he labelled them as being dirty cause in shipping crew relies on local logistics 

That is just a random statement. He swears all the time. When he said 'calm down, motherfuckers' does he really meant that we're motherfuckers? No. He meant 'calm down people', just in an aggresive way. Similar is the case is this. He didn't call the Mexican crews 'dirty' literally. And you bring the topic of coronavirus, that's just ridiculous. Also, I'm not white and faced racism, so I think I understand when anyone is being racist or not.  

Edited by Zinia_29
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

If the concert was in Israel would people be saying Axl is antisemitic? Or of it was in China would Axl be racist against Chinese? This conversation is utterly ridiculous....

This, and it same Axl would has said in US too.

I know what its like to say something from a complete good and right place but because of the context you kinda catch yourself. As youre saying it you realize it will be completely misinterpreted. And I swear I heard Axl 'realize' it as he was speaking.

Heres my story. When I was a kid my Grandfather called me a 'mutt' as a term of endearment. So more recently Im holding my friends newborn biracial baby and I look at its cute little face with love and in a baby voice I called their baby a "mutt." It was mortifying!!!!!!! Luckily we're all good friends so there was no question if I meant it in a racist way. But there was what felt to be a very long pause before conversation resumed. :nervous:

Edited by soon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The problem I think, is jumping straight to racism when as an audience member the social interactions, relationships, and full context of what actually was being said to one another on that stage is inaccessible so there is some level of conclusion-jumping that must go on in order to get offended by it

This is already making a mountain out of a molehill in this thread IMO

Edited by WhazUp
  • GNFNR 1

He definitely isn’t referring to the Mexican people.  He is clearly talking about whoever broke his piano.  He then even jokes that they should be able to find one of his 29.  Ridiculous that anyone can try to turn this into something it is not.  
on another note, since I cannot waste anymore time on the other bs, I thought Axl sounded pretty damn good at this concert.  Your crazy sounded fantastic and WTTJ sounded good too.  I’m glad to see, makes me have hope for a great show in Detroit in July.  I also really think we are going to hear Hard School “soon” too. 

2 hours ago, soon said:

I know what its like to say something from a complete good and right place but because of the context you kinda catch yourself. As youre saying it you realize it will be completely misinterpreted. And I swear I heard Axl 'realize' it as he was speaking.

Heres my story. When I was a kid my Grandfather called me a 'mutt' as a term of endearment. So more recently Im holding my friends newborn biracial baby and I look at its cute little face with love and in a baby voice I called their baby a "mutt." It was mortifying!!!!!!! Luckily we're all good friends so there was no question if I meant it in a racist way. But there was what felt to be a very long pause before conversation resumed. :nervous:

this - very poor choice of word to use an adjective such as dirty, in a city that is indeed dirty but that is also used traditionally as a derogatory and racist term for mexicans who are indeed known to have a reputation for being sloppy or even careless in some of their work so rather than leave any lingering doubt he could've dropped that word and there would be zero questioning 

for anyone thinking that it was not off the cuff and doesn't see the context clearly is on the same boat as me and wishes he didn't say it or is hoping that 100% he meant his own crew (not known to slag off his own crew like that)

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr