03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's like a 99.9% chance he was talking to Tom Mayhue or whoever else normally brings out his piano.

Of course he was. To suggest otherwise, going so far as to create a YouTube video with a widlly false title, is just plain attention seeking. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

this - very poor choice of word to use an adjective such as dirty, in a city that is indeed dirty but that is also used traditionally as a derogatory and racist term for mexicans who are indeed known to have a reputation for being sloppy or even careless in some of their work so rather than leave any lingering doubt he could've dropped that word and there would be zero questioning 

for anyone thinking that it was not off the cuff and doesn't see the context clearly is on the same boat as me and wishes he didn't say it or is hoping that 100% he meant his own crew (not known to slag off his own crew like that)

Heard the quote you're referencing and I 100% disagree, there's no way he meant it the way you suggest he did. 

And this is a classic example of the modern era twisting everything and anything in an effort to vilify just about everyone. "The city has been described as dirty, and Mexicans have been called dirty as a racist slant"... fine, but people also say "dirty motherfucker" in everyday speech without referencing Mexico. Basically referring to someone who's operating with no morals and is out for themselves... if it needs explaining🤔

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

gnr are complete selllouts for not even making an attempt to make new music let alone include any other new songs on the setllist albeit so fine which was half ass without axl 

Alright. They are making new material, they have confirmed it multiple times. They didn't play songs they rehearsed in soundcheck, but the remainder of their tour was canned and maybe Axl just didn't feel like he could pull them off yet? Do you want to hear new/old songs half assed or do you just want something different? 

They played a good set, there is absolutely no reason to be criticising this show.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Alright. They are making new material, they have confirmed it multiple times. They didn't play songs they rehearsed in soundcheck, but the remainder of their tour was canned and maybe Axl just didn't feel like he could pull them off yet? Do you want to hear new/old songs half assed or do you just want something different? 

They played a good set, there is absolutely no reason to be criticising this show.

u bellieve that eh ok if u say so 

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree, seems like Axl actually tried to sound good at this one.

52 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree, seems like Axl actually tried to sound good at this one.

he did i fucking went so i know but he had no choice they didn't play anything new so it is the most how do you say... borderline shortchanged yet fortified appearance by the man himself who still makes u want more they added a date in Merida, YucaFuckinTan of all places for another all in 

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

u bellieve that eh ok if u say so 

Yeah, go put your tinfoil hat on so! 

Also didn't say it was being released anytime soon, but i have absolutely no reason to believe there isn't music in some shape from the current line up.

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl sounded really good on the rehearsal videos of Dead Horse and You're Crazy. Same with the short clips of Pretty Tied Up.

I agree, I was really intrigued by what I heard in his voice on PTU.   Was like, wow Axl sounds really good....I wonder why?