03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

I just heard the 14 seconds clip of hardschool soundcheck, sounds different than demo. It's a very good song to release as a single, like the changes that they did, but it's a very short clip to apreciate all the work that they did with this song.

Axl voice sounds not as good as other songs but like the way he sings the song. The changes are good

Edited by axljungle

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I agree, I was really intrigued by what I heard in his voice on PTU.   Was like, wow Axl sounds really good....I wonder why?

I kinda think they gave the extra effort because there was a bunch of workers at the venue. Like, if they have to work in a stadium during the corona outbreak, they may as well get a free GNR concert... it's the least the band could do. Plus, PTU isn't really outside of his natural range (at least the verses) so it's not surprising that he sounded good on it.

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Where can I hear these rehearsal videos of PTU, Dead Horse and You're Crazy?

Sent you a link :thumbsup:

Just now, RussTCB said:

Wait.... What did I miss? 

There's only some short clips of PTU, but there's (almost) full recordings of Dead Horse and You're Crazy from the soundcheck.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I kinda think they gave the extra effort because there was a bunch of workers at the venue. Like, if they have to work in a stadium during the corona outbreak, they may as well get a free GNR concert... it's the least the band could do. Plus, PTU isn't really outside of his natural range (at least the verses) so it's not surprising that he sounded good on it.

Sent you a link :thumbsup:

There's only some short clips of PTU, but there's (almost) full recordings of Dead Horse and You're Crazy from the soundcheck.

Ohhhhh, OK. I think I did hear those now that I think about it. 

• Like 1

those links u shared put me over the edge in buying a ticket and going! 

alls i got was so fine (i went nuts)  and a good performance by axl - most notable rasp on jungle, chinese, best sweet child in decades etc 

don't cry was really good too 

the bad: dead horse (brutal mickey and the band is really bad at it), better (terrible mickey as well) embarassing 

Axl certainly did sound good in these clips..... 

Pretty Tied Up sounds really close to the album. Is it possible they just piped his vocals in for that one?

That was the first time I heard any of Hardschool..  Not a very big sample but mehhh

Think About You gave me chills.....

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Pretty Tied Up sounds really close to the album. Is it possible they just piped his vocals in for that one?

He did sound really close to the album version, but they're not piping in the vocals lol... he was just 'on' that night, I think. Hardschool was the only clip that didn't sound very good... even Nov Rain and YCBM were pretty good (for current Axl, anyway). I think it's 1) a song that's in his natural range so it still sounds good, and 2) he hasn't sung it enough times to figure out how to use the Mickey voice yet :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He did sound really close to the album version, but they're not piping in the vocals lol... he was just 'on' that night, I think. Hardschool was the only clip that didn't sound very good... even Nov Rain and YCBM were pretty good (for current Axl, anyway). I think it's 1) a song that's in his natural range so it still sounds good, and 2) he hasn't sung it enough times to figure out how to use the Mickey voice yet :lol:

I sent the clips to my friend at work.  He said he sounded "sickly" on Hardschool and was most excited about Pretty Tied Up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

those links u shared put me over the edge in buying a ticket and going! 

alls i got was so fine (i went nuts)  and a good performance by axl - most notable rasp on jungle, chinese, best sweet child in decades etc 

don't cry was really good too 

the bad: dead horse (brutal mickey and the band is really bad at it), better (terrible mickey as well) embarassing 

The tempo on Dead Horse is WAYYY too fast - they need to slow it down to help Axl sing it. Better is a lost cause though.

29 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

The tempo on Dead Horse is WAYYY too fast - they need to slow it down to help Axl sing it. Better is a lost cause though.

They play everything too fast. We have been saying that since 2016. Blows my mind that we all hear it but they don't. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Better is a lost cause though.

Agreed, Not had a great performance in a while, understandable as the vocals are basically just shouting. No wonder it's tough for him.

I don't understand why they don't dust off IRS for a rocking cut from CD. It would also be pretty easy for Axl to sing through.

54 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

agreed the intro and entire song is shit - they fucking butchered it to pieces and its not really axl's fault just compare any dead horse from 93 and it kicks the living shit out of the current incarnation 

better and dead horse are absolute embarssements 

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They play everything too fast. We have been saying that since 2016. Blows my mind that we all hear it but they don't. 

yes, civil war particularlly is so fucking rushed its unbelievable 

the only song i noticed that was played somewhat properly was don't cry 

also if i want to nit pick more they butcher live and let die and richard doesn't know the notes on patience at all ruins the song which i don't understand

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

They absolutely know the pace of the songs, that's how they prefer to play them.

doesn't mean its good 

its a rush session to plow through as many songs as possible as to provide the illusion that its a valuable concert 

id take 10-12 songs if they were played properly like before rather than 30 coked up 3x speed songs 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

They absolutely know the pace of the songs, that's how they prefer to play them.

I didn't say they didn't know the pace. I was saying that most people don't think the songs sound good at such a fast tempo and it blows my mind that they don't feel the same when they play them.  Some songs just lose their groove played too fast. Usually a band can feel that while playing. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

They may prefer it - but it clearly affects the quality of the song. Dead Horse in particular just sounds wrong to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Agreed, Not had a great performance in a while, understandable as the vocals are basically just shouting. No wonder it's tough for him.

I don't understand why they don't dust off IRS for a rocking cut from CD. It would also be pretty easy for Axl to sing through.

The Spaghetti Incident has a few tracks that Axl would sound really good on nowadays... Down On The Farm, I Don't Care About You, and Black Leather would probably all sound good with this lineup.

For CD songs he should just stick to the title track and Madagascar, though. Maybe CITR every once in a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

richard doesn't know the notes on patience at all ruins the song which i don't understand

Yes!!! I've been saying this for ages and never heard anyone else mention it!

Back in Nuguns he used to slaughter it - absolutely appalling.

I thought it would improve with Slash back but nope - still shit.

It's bewildering considering its such a simple song to play. One of those songs that's great for beginners.

• Like 1