What if GNR never split up and released 5 or 6 albums ?

On 24/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, Stress Fracture said:

At the other end of the scale, Bon Jovi are back with yet another new song that you’ll have forgotten exists seconds after listening to it.

Whoa, this is really boring. I mean, if you never listened to this song it doesn´t matter, you heard the same exact formula 100000 times before already.

On 10. 01. 2020. at 10:34 PM, Dcrazed212 said:

Found the week guy at front door.  He worked for Siruis / XM and was in charge of handing out the tickets to the people who were on guest list.  Offered him $200.  He met me at back door and walked me in 1 minute after showtime.  I stood in front of the small booth area Eddie Trunk had by side of stage for entire show right in front of Slash.  5 feet from stage.  I seen NILT a bunch of times, but seeing them in a small theater was actually an unbelievable experience.  Much different then standing with 65,000 in a football stadium. 

and you never screamed 'wheeeeeereeeeee is Izzzzyyyyyyy'?

On 24. 02. 2020. at 9:00 PM, fantomas said:

I think they would have faded away.  I think what made AFD so groundbreaking and timeless is the band lived what they sang. No posing, no pretentiousness, no bullshit. While the Sunset Strip was pushing out cockrock and partying, Gn'R were Les Paul's and heroin.  What made the band so famous was the exact same thing that blew it apart. Volatile, dangerous and unpredictable. Had the five managed to stay together and not have drama, there would never be an album as good as AFD.  That kind of lifestyle would mean the five would be at war with each other constantly.

don't know bud. I liked UYI's more. All around. AFD was more sophmore, UYI more mature, more powerfull, better mix.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

don't know bud. I liked UYI's more. All around. AFD was more sophmore, UYI more mature, more powerfull, better mix.

I would definitely agree the UYI set, while a little bloated, definitely showed a more mature side of the band. However, it really saw Axl's ego and creative choke hold start to come out. But also at that point the band had fractured. Izzy was gone, as was Steven. The cracks had already started to form. 

They could have been successful in the 2000s even with the new band if CD was released in '99/'00 and subsequent albums after that.

Anyways, not the question being asked. I think they would have been able to stay in the mix had they not split up. There's no way they would have hit a UYI level of popularity again but they could be on the same level with Maiden or Megadeth- touring and releasing albums but not really doing anything overly exciting with their music.

• Like 1