The Outsider

This new series based on the Stephen King book started last night on HBO.

Very good. I haven't read this King book and knew nothing about it. Anyway, it gets you thinking because being based on a King book you know something is not right with this whole crime.

Anyway, two shows were on last night and it's got me hooked.

If you like shows that have tons of suspense and shock and gets you thinking, this is the show for you.

I have different theories, but not sure. I think this is one series that will keep you guessing until the ending.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Gonna watch Episode 4 tonight. Looking forward to it.

After Sunday's episode I am getting freaked out by whatever "it" is. But so anxious to keep watching it. Yeah, I figured since it was SK it would be supernatural at some point. Was shocked by one of the characters dying in the second episode. Didn't see that coming. 

I actually don't find it boring. I love how they build up the defense.

The only thing was in episode I realized after a few minutes the story was going back and forth. Was confused for a second or two. 

Anyway, I do like it and can't wait to see what it is and what will happen to these characters? You know SK doesn't always have a happy ending.

21 hours ago, EvanG said:

I read the book, it started out great but ended terribly, so I won't be watching this.

(I did enjoy his most recent novel a lot)

Okay, sometimes SK's books go on too long. When I read Misery I wanted to scream when he was writing a book within a book. Why?

Same with IT I skipped alot of that book.

Sometimes SK goes off in his own little world. lol I just hope this show continues to freak me out.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, sometimes SK's books go on too long.

I don't mind that, Under The Dome and 11/22/63 are both a thousand pages long or so but still entertaining all the way through, at least in my opinion. 

Edited by EvanG

21 hours ago, EvanG said:

I don't mind that, Under The Dome and 11/22/63 are both a thousand pages long or so but still entertaining all the way through, at least in my opinion. 

Haven't read that book. I loved "The Dark half" I thought that was an awesome story and the movie was very good.

I also read Pet Cemetery and The Stand and Carrie and Thinner, but haven't read any recent ones except for Cell, which I thought was pretty good. Hated the movie version.

I have so many favorite authors that I'm always reading some book.

I'm just excited to see where this The Outsider will end up? I love that woman character. She's so unique and so super smart. Now if we can get the cop to believe her and help her out before something horrible happens again.

16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I love that woman character. She's so unique and so super smart. Now if we can get the cop to believe her and help her out before something horrible happens again.

You mean that Holly character? She was introduced in The Bill Hodges Trilogy and evidently King liked her so much that he gave her a small role in The Outsider. You should read the trilogy if you like her because she has a bigger role in those novels.

On 1/30/2020 at 6:37 AM, EvanG said:

You mean that Holly character? She was introduced in The Bill Hodges Trilogy and evidently King liked her so much that he gave her a small role in The Outsider. You should read the trilogy if you like her because she has a bigger role in those novels.

Yeah, I read that in an article. She's just so unique. I love her! Hope she doesn't get killed off. I hate when that happens. She has amazing senses and I just love how she works.

Okay for all of you who watch this show. I have a question.

Remember the episode when the black prisoner took a knife like weapon out of his leg and put it in his bible? Well, I thought he would use it as a weapon, but he used his glass lense to kill himself.

So what do you think he was saving that knife weapon for? Do you think that could kill whatever is killing people on the show?

I mean why make a point of showing him cutting it out of his leg and hiding it in his bible? I hope they go back to this.

Also Cynthia rocked the Oscars the other night. What a beauty! and British to boot! So cool! She looked so beautiful and what a voice! She's a rising star in the US now for sure!

• 2 weeks later...