Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

Russ, I finished watching Loving Neverland. I rattled through a bit of it each day. Powerful stuff and there was so much content I was completely unaware of. In regards to the witch hunt by the media, my impressions of Michael was definitely shaped through the stories that reached me via newspapers and coverage on TV. I'd be surprised if none of the Jackson family don't endorse that in some form, it is very well put together. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Russ, I finished watching Loving Neverland. I rattled through a bit of it each day. Powerful stuff and there was so much content I was completely unaware of. In regards to the witch hunt by the media, my impressions of Michael was definitely shaped through the stories that reached me via newspapers and coverage on TV. I'd be surprised if none of the Jackson family don't endorse that in some form, it is very well put together. 

Glad to hear that you got through it. 5+ hours is a lot of time to dedicate to it, but kudos to you for taking the time. 

There's so many people who have the nerve to claim they've "researched" Michael Jackson when really, they just parrot what the media has spoofed them. 

I know Taj Jackson is aware of the project just from talking to him about it myself. He is working on his own doc-series called "The Truth Runs Marathons", which will hopefully be out mid next year. 

I'm *hoping* to help with that one too, but it's a long shot. If something comes of it, I'll be sure to let everyone know :)

Btw, we've got a big interview in the can that we're gonna feature in our next episode that's coming on Monday! 

• Like 1

Gave it a listen earlier this morning. Super cool that you managed to get him on and he seems so down to earth! Good to know Journey are making a new record, I haven't been keeping tabs as such but was their not a lawsuit currently ongoing with ex members that were supposedly fired or something to that effect? I'll need to look into that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Gave it a listen earlier this morning. Super cool that you managed to get him on and he seems so down to earth! Good to know Journey are making a new record, I haven't been keeping tabs as such but was their not a lawsuit currently ongoing with ex members that were supposedly fired or something to that effect? I'll need to look into that. 

Yeah, I was excited to book him and he was SO cool and nice to talk to. I heard a little about that lawsuit deal too and it sounds ridiculous. We'll have to see what happens with that. 

• Like 1

Had to catch up with the last two episodes. In terms of artists I didn't really get, though was much later into their careers when I discovered them, was the likes of Rod Stewart, Elvis and The Beatles. When I was a nipper, I couldn't listen to anything other than Queen, and the other three artists were prominent in my household often and it wasn't until I hit my teenage years that I began to appreciate them for the amazing talent that they all had/have. Also, Madonna has a few phenomenal tunes. I had Like A Prayer blasting in the car en route to work this morning :lol: Her release that was huge in 2005 had a few stellar numbers on it too, Hung Up seemed to be played everywhere.

I think you're onto something with IGP branded vinyl merch too, likes of anti-static sleeves, brushes etc etc. It may be something worth looking into!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Had to catch up with the last two episodes. In terms of artists I didn't really get, though was much later into their careers when I discovered them, was the likes of Rod Stewart, Elvis and The Beatles. When I was a nipper, I couldn't listen to anything other than Queen, and the other three artists were prominent in my household often and it wasn't until I hit my teenage years that I began to appreciate them for the amazing talent that they all had/have. Also, Madonna has a few phenomenal tunes. I had Like A Prayer blasting in the car en route to work this morning :lol: Her release that was huge in 2005 had a few stellar numbers on it too, Hung Up seemed to be played everywhere.

I think you're onto something with IGP branded vinyl merch too, likes of anti-static sleeves, brushes etc etc. It may be something worth looking into!

Dude.....I got to interview Guy Pratt back in Season 1. I've always love him due to his connection with Pink Floyd but when I was doing research on the rest of his career, I found out he played the bass on Like A Prayer. I've always loved that song but I went back to really listen to the bass line and was blown away. 

As far as IGP branded stuff, we've only got a Tee Public store with t-shirts and so on as of now. I will definitely look into ways to do other merch though. Sleeves, brushes and so on would be really cool! 

• GNFNR 1

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Dude.....I got to interview Guy Pratt back in Season 1. I've always love him due to his connection with Pink Floyd but when I was doing research on the rest of his career, I found out he played the bass on Like A Prayer. I've always loved that song but I went back to really listen to the bass line and was blown away. 

As far as IGP branded stuff, we've only got a Tee Public store with t-shirts and so on as of now. I will definitely look into ways to do other merch though. Sleeves, brushes and so on would be really cool! 

It's a great number, no question! It's mad when you find artists that you hold in high regard doing something completely left field, especially when it's years after they were involved in that project. A couple of years ago, I checked out the band Stretch's back catalogue, as I was only really familiar with their song 'Why Did You Do It?'. Great number and is really the best of their average back catalogue, but I'd say it's one of the best tunes to come out of the 70's. They were formed purely by being shafted by Mick Fleetwood, who had hired them to be in Fleetwood Mac and then all of a sudden denied ever being involved with them and called them frauds (they had toured briefly but were informed by Mick himself he couldn't join them until near the end of the tour, so had a temporary drummer - the shows were also a big success). This was shortly before Nicks/Buckingham era got underway. Anyway, Stretch didn't last long, but Paul Martinez ended up playing bass for a few of Robert Plant's solo efforts along with touring with him also. 

I'm also already kitted out with my Tee, you had a couple of advertisements when I was climbing Munros a few months back before it got ridiculously cold!!! :lol:

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Great to hear that his documentary is coming along. I truly hope he succeeds in getting Netflix and Prime to release it as that way you're guaranteed a widespread audience, as the HBO documentary obviously was watched by a lot of casuals who were interested due to the advertisement and build up that it received, hopefully Taj's doc get's similar treatment as it's only fair. Still any word on you having anything to do with his doc Russ or is it a case of sealed lips sink ships etc etc? :lol::ph34r:

4 hours ago, Dean said:

Great to hear that his documentary is coming along. I truly hope he succeeds in getting Netflix and Prime to release it as that way you're guaranteed a widespread audience, as the HBO documentary obviously was watched by a lot of casuals who were interested due to the advertisement and build up that it received, hopefully Taj's doc get's similar treatment as it's only fair. Still any word on you having anything to do with his doc Russ or is it a case of sealed lips sink ships etc etc? :lol::ph34r:

Full disclosure: I haven't heard anything from anyone on it in a while, so I have no idea at this point. I'd be happy to step up if anyone involved with it asks me though, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

I'm only really familiar with Chicago's mainstream hits with Peter Cetera on vocals, I'll need to dig deeper into Bill's tenure, I'm sure I'll have heard a few over the years.

On Rob Zombie, he really does seem like a cool dude. He's a big fan and friend of Terry Reid. I've not seen any of his movies, but he was a huge hand in getting Terry Reid a bit of attention after years of being under the radar, though you could say that was the case for all of his career after the age of 20.

Seed of Memory is a great album, check it out if you haven't already!

• Like 2