Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

39 minutes ago, Dean said:

You're spot on with Beast of Burden. Either that or Moonlight Mile would be the songs I would show to anyone that didn't know what The Stones are all about, however, if they ever released a song about Pizza being a burden on our lives, I'd have never entertained them! Ha! 

Keef's voice is an acquired taste so I can see where Michelle is coming from with Before They Make Me Run but I'm with you on Shattered, though I don't think my opinion would change if it was slotted in somewhere else. I laughed at Kyle's appreciation for Jagger not giving a fuck with how people interpreted the title track, there certainly is something admirable in that approach but sort of ties in with the last episode that it doesn't age too well with how Jagger responded. Michelle did cause me to have a mild stroke by saying she could go without Beast of Burden among others, travesty! I think between the three of you though, it's a really fair review. Not their best effort, but certainly contains a a few gems! I still can't get over Michelle dismissing Beast of Burden like that haha.

Thanks again for the feedback. As you might imagine, there's a LOT I can't get over with respect to Michelle's opinions LOL 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks again for the feedback. As you might imagine, there's a LOT I can't get over with respect to Michelle's opinions LOL 

It’s all part of the podcasts charm ha! It’s no problem at all in regards to feedback, you guys have provided great content throughout a not so enjoyable pandemic, so it’s the least I can do to show my thanks!

• Thanks 1

I'm really looking forward to see what you guys do when it's safe to start going to shows on a regular basis. Another feather to your bow that will no doubt bring in more listeners by reviewing shows. Last summer I was meant to be going on another jaunt following Guns and then wrapping it all up by seeing Aerosmith for the first time, however, I will admit that I was glad that they got postponed at the time because as soon as I pulled the trigger on another 5 GNR shows, I immediately regretted it with how everything was looking in terms of new music - not likely. To be honest, it's much the same this year too, I can't see them going ahead here in the UK for the foreseeable but who knows?! 2 months away so time will tell. I still haven't booked anything for accommodation/travel either, I'm still anticipating another last minute cancellation announcement. 

The pandemic hasn't effected me finding time to play music either. I've been fortunate enough that I can still travel into work etc, so I can always throw something on in the mornings/evenings, but the amount of records I have been buying has drastically increased and the three of you are a big part of the blame ha! Things I'd been putting off due to not being able to justify the price etc, I ended up buying as it's not as if we've been able to treat ourselves to holidays or spontaneous trips, so why not do something we could get enjoyment from without breaking any regulations set by the Government?! It's a win win. Also, I've mentioned it before, but the entertainment you guys have provided me throughout the last year and a bit in what has been troubled times for everyone is greatly appreciated and I will be forever thankful for turning me onto some great music!

• Thanks 1

I haven't seen this movie, but I'm intrigued to check it out. High Fidelity is a tremendous movie and maybe this one isn't directed at me, but I'll give it a bash and see how it goes. Step Brothers is a tremendous movie though, Michelle had every right to be disgusted at your outrageous comments! Ha! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dean said:

I haven't seen this movie, but I'm intrigued to check it out. High Fidelity is a tremendous movie and maybe this one isn't directed at me, but I'll give it a bash and see how it goes. Step Brothers is a tremendous movie though, Michelle had every right to be disgusted at your outrageous comments! Ha! 

That's really the difference between Michelle and I in a nutshell: she loves Empire Records and I love High Fidelity lol

Good Charlotte, Bowling For Soup, Sum 41, these guys to name but a few...that period of music just didn't do anything for me and I think they all sound the same. I tried The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows and Sic Transit Gloria...Gloria Fades and that was plenty. If it came to having to choose between listening to that album in it's entirety for the rest of eternity or Silkworms, I'd go with Silkworms, and that is saying A LOT! It's all in the eye of the beholder and all that, that's the beauty of music! But yeah, Silkworms wins that contest hands down :lol:

Great news on potentially getting 2 videos up on the channel a week. I could definitely be doing with that!

Edited by Dean
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dean said:

Good Charlotte, Bowling For Soup, Sum 41, these guys to name but a few...that period of music just didn't do anything for me and I think they all sound the same. I tried The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows and Sic Transit Gloria...Gloria Fades and that was plenty. If it came to having to choose between listening to that album in it's entirety for the rest of eternity or Silkworms, I'd go with Silkworms, and that is saying A LOT! It's all in the eye of the beholder and all that, that's the beauty of music! But yeah, Silkworms wins that contest hands down :lol:

Great news on potentially getting 2 videos up on the channel a week. I could definitely be doing with that!

I'm sure you could tell from my tone, but I was trying really hard to be nice about the album because we try to keep the show positive. But man oh man, I totally agree with you. It doesn't absolutely nothing for me. 

As far as the channel goes, I'm hoping to start getting two videos up per week fairly soon. I'm still getting my game plan together. I want to make sure it's all quality content without putting videos up just to put videos up. The channel was growing really fast and then stalled completely. So I'm just trying to think of new ways to grow it. 

• GNFNR 1

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm sure you could tell from my tone, but I was trying really hard to be nice about the album because we try to keep the show positive. But man oh man, I totally agree with you. It doesn't absolutely nothing for me. 

As far as the channel goes, I'm hoping to start getting two videos up per week fairly soon. I'm still getting my game plan together. I want to make sure it's all quality content without putting videos up just to put videos up. The channel was growing really fast and then stalled completely. So I'm just trying to think of new ways to grow it. 

The channel will pick up again, just keep doing what you're doing as the videos are of high standard and it helps with you covering such a wide scope. Do you use Reddit for sharing the videos to the communities that it would appeal to? That may be a good shout, it's not something I use very often but I'm sure you'll pick up a few subs doing that!

22 minutes ago, Dean said:

The channel will pick up again, just keep doing what you're doing as the videos are of high standard and it helps with you covering such a wide scope. Do you use Reddit for sharing the videos to the communities that it would appeal to? That may be a good shout, it's not something I use very often but I'm sure you'll pick up a few subs doing that!

I barely know anything about reddit. It's something that makes me feel old actually lol. Reddit is the first tech baeed communication where I've thought "meh, I don't want to learn all about that" haha. 

Having said that, I really should start an account and do exactly what you said. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I barely know anything about reddit. It's something that makes me feel old actually lol. Reddit is the first tech baeed communication where I've thought "meh, I don't want to learn all about that" haha. 

Having said that, I really should start an account and do exactly what you said. 

There is probably a much more easier way to navigate through Reddit, but googling 'enter band name Reddit' will no doubt bring up a dedicated page for all posts related to that band with a lot of members. Van Halen as an example, I can see that they have 5000 members with posts that happen daily, so that community is somewhat active and should guarantee that the video would get viewed, especially with the rarity of the LP in question. You're good at advertising both the video and the podcast, so just use it the same as you do approaching it on social media and on the forums, maybe throwing in a few additional bits relating to the community of the band in question.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vanhalen/

Don't just stop there though, as you can google or search on Reddit for designated music channels, Vinyl, video's, etc etc, anything really, just type something in and see what comes up.

The layout may take a bit of getting used to, it's like a social media platform from the early 00's, though I believed they've just updated it to be more user friendly. 

You're doing great, it may be frustrating at not seeing the numbers growing as quickly as you'd like, but it is growing and you're sticking to regular content that will help get those numbers up in the long run. Look at what you guys have done in over a year? Massive strides in such a short space of time. You have the correct mentality with striving for more and it'll happen, just keep doing what you're doing!

:lol:

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:31 AM, RussTCB said:

New episode, this is a far more serious topic than we usually cover

I haven't listened to your podcast in awhile, I have to admit podcasts aren't really my thing. In fact, yours is pretty much the only one I've listened to.😄 But I do really like it and you do a great job. I will definitely give this one a listen along with other episodes. 

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

Just now, lame ass security said:

I haven't listened to your podcast for awhile, I have to admit podcasts aren't really my thing. In fact, yours is pretty much the only one I've listened to.😄 But I do really like it and you do a great job. I will definitely give this one a listen along with other episodes. 

Thanks man. I appreciate any listens, especially from people who don't even like podcasts. Means a lot that you'll put any time into it. Thank you :)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Only got a chance to listen to the first part, but "blow job country" had me laughing out loud.😄 And I totally agree, that stuff is horseshit.

We received more than a few bits of feedback on that particular zinger LOL 

• Haha 1