Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

• 2 weeks later...

The Faces opening for Queen would probably be my dream show, but the 2001 era Guns N’ Roses would be on par with seeing Queen for me, but I couldn’t have either of them opening for the other so have to draw the line and make do! Mad when you think some of the tours that have actually happened, especially in recent times with the likes of AC/DC opening for the Stones, that would’ve been a phenomenal experience! On a side note, I thought I was experiencing a mild stroke when you said you’d have ‘86 Queen as the opener Russ! 😂😂 a cardinal sin that is!
Just thought I’d throw in that Freddie was in total awe of Prince as a performer. Peter Freestone, Freddie’s assistant, mentioned that he had one of Prince’s concerts on VHS and whenever there was gatherings at Garden Lodge, he’d use any excuse to throw it on and thought he was one of the best. Two completely different worlds, but a collaboration I’d have loved to have heard.

Stories seem to differ on what happened between Freddie and MJ, ranging from cocaine consumption to Llamas in the studio, but there was three songs that were worked on, Victory, State of Shock and another that is unknown as far as I’m aware, with the intention of including it on Thriller according to Freddie but it wasn’t finished in time and nothing was used.

Brian May also alluded to a lot more original songs being worked on with Bowie too, but issues stemming from Under Pressure and Cool Cat prevented anything else getting out. They also jammed on Bowie’s back catalogue. I’d fucking love to listen to those sessions.

Buzzing to see what this season has in store and congrats on the new addition to the podcast! 👶🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@RussTCB, I'm sure we've spoken about this before, but on the topic of Freddie and MJ, what's your thoughts on There Must Be More To Life Than This? The version that William Orbit remixed for the Queen Forever boxset really didn't do anything for me, but it was the only version Jackson's estate gave the thumbs up for. Roger Taylor has said the version he mixed was vastly superior and was the version they wanted to go with but was told it was either Orbit's version or nothing. That boxset should have been an EP though instead of yet another compilation, as Let Me In Your Heart Again didn't deserve to be thrown in with the classics. What a song

59 minutes ago, Dean said:

@RussTCB, I'm sure we've spoken about this before, but on the topic of Freddie and MJ, what's your thoughts on There Must Be More To Life Than This? The version that William Orbit remixed for the Queen Forever boxset really didn't do anything for me, but it was the only version Jackson's estate gave the thumbs up for. Roger Taylor has said the version he mixed was vastly superior and was the version they wanted to go with but was told it was either Orbit's version or nothing. That boxset should have been an EP though instead of yet another compilation, as Let Me In Your Heart Again didn't deserve to be thrown in with the classics. What a song

I feel the same way about what we got. The MJ estate is the worst. No one knows how/why they're handling unreleased MJ material the way we they are. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really thought about 1991 as a collective in terms of output from artists, but there truly was stellar amounts of records released that year. Blood Sugar Sex Magic, Innuendo, Use Your Illusion I and II are among my favourite records. I actually thought Automatic for the People was released in 1991 til you said it was Out of Time, which is another stellar record that I unfortunately do not own but very much about to rectify!!! Looking forward to part II!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dean said:

I've never really thought about 1991 as a collective in terms of output from artists, but there truly was stellar amounts of records released that year. Blood Sugar Sex Magic, Innuendo, Use Your Illusion I and II are among my favourite records. I actually thought Automatic for the People was released in 1991 til you said it was Out of Time, which is another stellar record that I unfortunately do not own but very much about to rectify!!! Looking forward to part II!

In looking at the list for the rest of 91 (August through December) we're gonna be hard pressed to keep this to just two parts lol. 

You're one of several people to appreciate our call out of Out Of Time. What a GREAT album that many people overlook outside of Losing My Religion. 

It used to be very hard to find on vinyl but was reissued a few years back, so we probably won't cost you too much many this time LOL. 

• Haha 1

New episode tomorrow, but before that:

Our 100th episode is coming soon. We're gathering clips, so if anyone wants to contribute that would be great. 

We want clips of poeple talking about an album or artist that's had a postive impact on your life. You can either email a clip to infectiousgroovepodcast@gmail.com or shoot us a voicemail at 313-364-9899. 

We've got a couple weeks before we record #100 but the sooner I get the clips the better. 

• 2 weeks later...