Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

Guys! That is fucking amazing. Huge congratulations to you all for reaching this feat and here's to many more! I just got caught up with the last two episodes. I can't thank the three of you for all of the great content both on the podcast and on the YouTube channel. The Infectious Groove Podcast has been instrumental in renewing my somewhat fading interest in picking up records from other artists outside of my normal rotation and I definitely won't be the only one in this boat. Thank you for all the new music you guys have shown us along with providing great interviews with musicians along the way!

How cool was it of Bumble to remember to send a little note in? What a fucking champion. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Guys! That is fucking amazing. Huge congratulations to you all for reaching this feat and here's to many more! I just got caught up with the last two episodes. I can't thank the three of you for all of the great content both on the podcast and on the YouTube channel. The Infectious Groove Podcast has been instrumental in renewing my somewhat fading interest in picking up records from other artists outside of my normal rotation and I definitely won't be the only one in this boat. Thank you for all the new music you guys have shown us along with providing great interviews with musicians along the way!

How cool was it of Bumble to remember to send a little note in? What a fucking champion. 

Thanks so much brother. This is exactly the effect we wanted to have. We're not saying everything WE listen to is the best music ever, we're just saying there IS good new music out there. 

This type of encouragement and feedback is what's really driven us. As incredibly bad as the GN'R community can be, the biggest reason I've stuck around is people like you and a few others that make it worth it. 

And yeah, that message from Bumble was so sweet. It was VERY kind of him to take time out of his busy schedule to not just send a message but send an amazing one like he did :)

• GNFNR 1

That was a tremendous listen once again. A huge congratulations for reaching that milestone and it was super cool hearing people's stories, from all different walks of life, about the music that means the most to them. Music truly is a powerful thing - it's with us for every step on this journey...even Silkworms in an officially released capacity! I laughed at Better being the only thing she sort of likes off of Chinese - my nephew's old man absolutely detests Guns N' Roses, but that is the one song he gives the band pass marks for, ha! The rest of the discography? He doesn't rate it. It's not really surprising considering his two biggest influences are probably Daft Punk and Patrick Hernandez!

I've got to give it to Paddy though, his one hit was an anthem!

• Thanks 1

Just gave it a listen, that was fucking great Russ. Thoroughly enjoyed it and learned many things. First, I wasn't aware that Ronnie Tutt had died, totally saddened to hear that. All of those guys were so great. I think about the rehearsal footage from That's The Way It Is and all the guys just goofing around. I did not know that this album was released eight days after it was recorded, that is insane. Nor did I know that Elvis sold out 5 shows in two days, and he did 3 shows in one day. That is just insane, only Elvis could've pulled that off. And the fact that the Colonel had the songs played faster so he could collect more royalties doesn't surprise me at all. And I totally agree about The Impossible Dream, I always think about Jim Nabors doing it.😄 I know this album holds a personal importance to you which is awesome. Anyway, I loved this episode my man. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

Just gave it a listen, that was fucking great Russ. Thoroughly enjoyed it and learned many things. First, I wasn't aware that Ronnie Tutt had died, totally saddened to hear that. All of those guys were so great. I think about the rehearsal footage from That's The Way It Is and all the guys just goofing around. I did not know that this album was released eight days after it was recorded, that is insane. Nor did I know that Elvis sold out 5 shows in two days, and he did 3 shows in one day. That is just insane, only Elvis could've pulled that off. And the fact that the Colonel had the songs played faster so he could collect more royalties doesn't surprise me at all. And I totally agree about The Impossible Dream, I always think about Jim Nabors doing it.😄 I know this album holds a personal importance to you which is awesome. Anyway, I loved this episode my man. 

Awesome. Glad your learned so much and glad you enjoyed it! Sorry that you found out about Ronnie passing through the episode. He was a BIG deal to me growing up. I got to meet him once and he was very nice. 

In any case, again, thanks for listening and I'm glad you dug it :)

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 12:53 AM, RussTCB said:

New episode, this one might be a good one for @lame ass securityand @jimisbatman

Just finished the podcast, amazing. Some highlights for me was the amount of shows played at madison, who does that, talk about burn out, wow. And the Colonel speeding up songs for more songs on record for more royalties lol, classic business move. However I love the speed up versions, and worked well in the live setting. I know it's rude for requests, but would consider a show from the Vegas period. Do you know much about Colonel? The upcoming Hanks movie could be interesting. Anyway, loved this podcast, I'm definitely a fan, love your passion for music, it's definitely next level. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Just finished the podcast, amazing. Some highlights for me was the amount of shows played at madison, who does that, talk about burn out, wow. And the Colonel speeding up songs for more songs on record for more royalties lol, classic business move. However I love the speed up versions, and worked well in the live setting. I know it's rude for requests, but would consider a show from the Vegas period. Do you know much about Colonel? The upcoming Hanks movie could be interesting. Anyway, loved this podcast, I'm definitely a fan, love your passion for music, it's definitely next level. 

Thanks for listening and the compliments. I really put a lot of work into the podcast and YouTube channel so every word of encouragement helps a lot :)

I agree on the speed up tempos too. Sure, it started as a shit move by the Colonel but I *love* the versions on this album so I'm good with it. 

As far as a request, did you mean you're requesting that my show review an Elvis live in Vegas album at some point? If so, that's not rude! We do crowd sourced album reviews for every 4th album review. There's 3 of us on the show, so every other week we rotate through the 3 of us choosing AK album. Then the 4th week is always something chosen by a listener. 

As far as the Colonel, I'd say I know just a little bit more than the average Elvis fan but not much. I basically know more ways that he fucked up Elvis' career but I don't know a ton. I'm looking forward to that Hanks movie as well. I'm sure most Elvis fans will go in with their minds made up but who knows, maybe there's a lot we don't know about the dude that made him who he was. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...