Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

On 8/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, soon said:

I post enough for 10 people though... not sure how that factors in to the show analytics though. :lol:

If I didnt know better Id guess Nsynch was Michelles pick. :P

I cannot wait to hear you talk Floyd :headbang:

I VERY much appreciate your continued listens and support :)

The show seems to be doing very well overall, just not so much interaction here for whet ever reason. 

Either way, I'm grateful for how much you've listened and supported :)

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I VERY much appreciate your continued listens and support :)

The show seems to be doing very well overall, just not so much interaction here for whet ever reason. 

Either way, I'm grateful for how much you've listened and supported :)

Im half way through and really enjoying this one, once again! We're at Michelle talks Good Charlotte. So you've talked Floyd a bit and I hope theres more of that to come!

I lol'ed at your line, something about Roger being like 'Hey wait, Im 66 now, how about not being a jerk to everyone' :lol: And even just recently I had a similar thing with my Floyd fandom where I couldn't believe that olds guys could still have all this shit between them. And then the cold reality set in of... well, ones got to do the work or thats what happens. Which made me want to really focus on my intentions - to align my actions with my intentions more. Ironically some of Dark Side is my source for 'take life on head on' kinda inspiration. 

I feel oddly guilty that I have the live Wall on CD and you dont. Feels wrong lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took the time to fix up the studio some. Also, we booked a HUGE guest that I'm super excited about. More to come on that soon :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD7UjTlpB5s/?igshid=f2jppdnc4o62

Second link isnt showing up right, but if you click on it, you'll see the studio. 

Edited by RussTCB

On 8/15/2020 at 6:15 PM, RussTCB said:

Took the time to fix up the studio some. Also, we booked a HUGE guest that I'm super excited about. More to come on that soon :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD7UjTlpB5s/?igshid=f2jppdnc4o62

Second link isnt showing up right, but if you click on it, you'll see the studio. 

Holy crap, that is your personal collection? I could spend a day just looking through those, very cool.

15 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

It looks so professional, better than most stores I've seen.

Thanks man. I've been working on the room itself for about 10 years now. I've had 10 or so forum members come by over the years to hang, which is always fun. 

Wagszilla lives close enough to me that he slides by nearly every Friday to hang and spin records. If you're ever near Detroit for any reason hit me up, you'll be more than welcome to come by. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, soon said:

Enjoying The Show Must Go On, currently. Real fun!!

Your show is the perfect escape from 2020.

Love the new logo too! Enjoy your break - well earned. 

Right on, thank you. We enjoyed the time off for sure, and now here's this:

• Like 1

On September 2, 2020 at 6:41 PM, RussTCB said:

Wow. The show seems to have returned VERY strong in Season 2. Not sure if most of our listens are coming from here, but if they are, thank you! 

Listening to the second half of ep 1 now. Another great one!

My fav venues are Massey Hall in Toronto. The acoustics are as stunning as the ornate old time design and architecture. Everyone should get to enjoy a concert there! Havent heard it since major revitalization though. And House of Jazz in Montreal. They check your coat. Cabaret seating. Cheese and charcuterie. Wine. Top shelf jazz. So few seats that everyone gets to make a request. You dont need to look up the artists who are playing that night, you just show up and get dazzled.

I also saw an outdoor show in a quarry. Folk artists played on a floating dock in the middle of the water and the sounds danced off the rock faces. Very cool.

46 minutes ago, soon said:

Listening to the second half of ep 1 now. Another great one!

My fav venues are Massey Hall in Toronto. The acoustics are as stunning as the ornate old time design and architecture. Everyone should get to enjoy a concert there! Havent heard it since major revitalization though. And House of Jazz in Montreal. They check your coat. Cabaret seating. Cheese and charcuterie. Wine. Top shelf jazz. So few seats that everyone gets to make a request. You dont need to look up the artists who are playing that night, you just show up and get dazzled.

I also saw an outdoor show in a quarry. Folk artists played on a floating dock in the middle of the water and the sounds danced off the rock faces. Very cool.

Damn. That place sounds way nicer than anywhere I've ever seen a show haha. I'd love to go to a place like that some time! 

• GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Damn. That place sounds way nicer than anywhere I've ever seen a show haha. I'd love to go to a place like that some time! 

Ha, I know right!? Its such a treat! 

The best part is that, last I was there, House of Jazz only charged a $5 cover on weeknights. $2 tip for the coat check. Mixed nuts on the tables, complimentary. One can order bread and butter for $3. Even the charcuterie and cheese is affordable, because its an important part of the proud Quebecois culture. The sheer volume of it consumed there brings down the price and they dont up-charge based on the guise that its 'fancy.' Foods like that are 'the peoples food' in their culture. It all works out really well, lol! The wine though, thats where they get ya! Although, a $25 bottle of wine is pretty much the same value as a $13 cup of beer at a stadium concert.

Hopefully one day things will be normal again and you find yourself in Montreal!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The latest episode is out :)

The Beatles... solid 5/10

Im enjoying episode 2 currently. I learn about so many artists are that are new to me from Kyle and you. It's just, for the life of me, I cant seem to retain the names of some of Kyles rappers. lol

Youre talking about Kendrick Lamar right now. I remember a few years ago I was sitting in a packed waiting room with my aunt. Shes a Bowie fan so I mentioned that, while making the album, Bowie reportedly said that Blackstar could be seen as Bowies failed attempt to mimic Lamar. My aunt responded with all the confidence in the world that "No, Kendrick Lamar is a basketball player." :lol::lol:

Kendrick Lamar is so talented and had all the positive press in the world when he first hit the mainstream. So why dont more people know him now? Boggles the mind.

49 minutes ago, soon said:

The Beatles... solid 5/10

Im enjoying episode 2 currently. I learn about so many artists are that are new to me from Kyle and you. It's just, for the life of me, I cant seem to retain the names of some of Kyles rappers. lol

Youre talking about Kendrick Lamar right now. I remember a few years ago I was sitting in a packed waiting room with my aunt. Shes a Bowie fan so I mentioned that, while making the album, Bowie reportedly said that Blackstar could be seen as Bowies failed attempt to mimic Lamar. My aunt responded with all the confidence in the world that "No, Kendrick Lamar is a basketball player." :lol::lol:

Kendrick Lamar is so talented and had all the positive press in the world when he first hit the mainstream. So why dont more people know him now? Boggles the mind.

When you have a chance, look for a song called "Crime". It's a Mayer Hawthorne song that Kendrick Lamar guests on. The song is great and then Kendricks verse is REALLY good. 

Btw, the rest of the album it's from is called Where Does This Door Go and it's one of my favorite albums in the past 10 years. 

• Thanks 1