Ozzy Osbourne announces he has Parkinson's Disease

BadApples87

He still looks okay for his age (thanks to plastic surgery possibly) but how on earth is he supposed to do another tour leg? He's barely able to talk, I don't see him suddenly transform on stage and sing properly.. 

I hope he gets better

2 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

He still looks okay for his age (thanks to plastic surgery possibly) but how on earth is he supposed to do another tour leg? He's barely able to talk, I don't see him suddenly transform on stage and sing properly.. 

I hope he gets better

I don't think you get better from Parkinsons mate.

As much as he seems whacked out in the majority of interviews I've seen him in, he's never sounded as feeble/winded as he does here. 

If it's a mild case, hopefully doesn't rob him of his joy of music and performing to his audience, but seems as if he's a long way from getting himself back to a level where he can do that.

There's been advancements in this area since it took my grandmother.  People live for years with it in various stages.  Michael Foxx comes to mind.  Like anybody else who's a live, you're only limited by what you are limiting yourself to.  There's always a way to do what you want to do.  What's the name of that guy in the wheelchair?  He's your example.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, this sucks! No cure and it only gets worse.

Can he tour? It would be sad to see Ozzy in a wheelchair.

Guess if Ozzy feels okay he'll tour. I know that's what makes him happy.

This is what Glen Tipton has this too. What the hell is going on with all these rockers?

Father Time is undefeated. I think Jim Morrison might've had the right idea when he said "I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse comes down."

Sad news. He did seem frail to me, as well.

As someones who has been sidelined by health issues before, I can say that there is a social toll taken by being in bed for a while. The Drs say you're all better, but you aren't as smooth or present in social interactions and maybe your word recall is diminished for a while. Its about regaining ones sense of self and dusting the cobwebs off of the brain. Its about regaining ones bearings as much as it is about the body healing, sometimes.

Hopefully Ozzy is just still in the stage where he's 'reentering the world' and will be more lucid going forwards.

*more lucid in the sense of Ozzy Osborne, which is its own unique thing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soon said:

Sad news. He did seem frail to me, as well.

As someones who has been sidelined by health issues before, I can say that there is a social toll taken by being in bed for a while. The Drs say you're all better, but you aren't as smooth or present in social interactions and maybe your word recall is diminished for a while. Its about regaining ones sense of self and dusting the cobwebs off of the brain. Its about regaining ones bearings as much as it is about the body healing, sometimes.

Hopefully Ozzy is just still in the stage where he's 'reentering the world' and will be more lucid going forwards.

*more lucid in the sense of Ozzy Osborne, which is its own unique thing.

Hope you're back winning now mate. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Father Time is undefeated. I think Jim Morrison might've had the right idea when he said "I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse comes down."

Yeah, I think life is a cruel joke on all of us. If Ozzy wants to tour I'm sure he'll have the best doctors with him. He loves to tour. It might just help him. Who knows?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gt72 said:

No real surprise announcement was made today that his no more tours has been canceled 

Yeah the American leg is canceled. As of right now, the European leg is still on, but I doubt that’ll happen now either. I seriously think Ozzy will never set foot on stage again, but I fucking hope I’m wrong!

EDIT: that being said, if canceling the whole tour and never setting foot onstage again is what’s needed for his health, then so be it. I’d rather him live longer and be healthier, even if it meant never getting the chance to see him live. But deep down, I’m sure Ozzy wishes he could perform again. When he had the accident two years ago, Sharon said Ozzy told her that he felt touring was the only thing he ever did right.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 3

Sad to hear this. I was going to go see him solo for the first time on this tour, partly to see Megadeth... but was never a big fan of his solo stuff. 

Caught Sabbath a good few times between 1999-2017, saw them on the end tour 4 times. One of the best bands ever. Great rhythm section, great guitar player, and Ozzys talent for melodies is underrated. They piss all over Zeppelin and Deep purple for me.... 

• Like 2