Jump to content

What if you were picking the tracks on a new GN'R best of album?


Recommended Posts

Girls and boys!

First of all: I've searched for a similiar topic, but haven't found one, so please Don't Cry if this has been done before.

Anyway, I was thinking it could be kinda enjoyable to see how you guys would put together a new Guns N' Roses best of album (for everyone to hear).

Rules:

  • 15 tracks maximum (optional ones included)
  • Must be released material (except 3 - see below)
  • You're allowed one leaked song (optional)
  • You're allowed one song that's only been played live (optional)
  • Bonus track (optional): you're allowed one NEW cover song of your choice (something we've never heard from them before)
  • If the above-mentioned optional tracks aren't interesting to you, just pick released songs instead

 

Remember to list the tracks in the order you want them played.

 

Just so you know: In my imaginary world, this imaginary best of album will in no way affect the release of an imaginary NEW album, so don't worry about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a minute I kinda got scared that the reddit guy has infiltrated this forum and enlisted his fake tracklistings here 

Reckless Life Perfect Crime There Was A Time Night Train Double Talkin Jive You Could Be Mine Rocket Queen Welcome to the Jungle Pretty Tied Up

Main criteria: - Avoiding the "greatest hits" logic as much as possible. - Representative of the versatility and evolution of the band (and telling its story, in a way). Welcome to the

  1. Welcome To The Jungle
  2. Pretty Tied Up
  3. You Could Be Mine
  4. Patience
  5. Paradise City
  6. Locomotive
  7. Civil War 
  8. Sweet Child O’ Mine
  9. Bad Obsession
  10. Shackler’s Revenge
  11. Rocket Queen
  12. Down On The Farm
  13. Coma
  14. Don’t Cry - Alternate Lyrics
  15. Estranged
Link to post
Share on other sites

1.Welcome to the Jungle

2.Sweet Child o’ Mine

3.Paradise City

4.Patience

5.Used to Love Her

6.Civil War

7.You Could Be Mine

8.November Rain

9.Yesterdays

10.Chinese Democracy

11.Better

12.Shadow of Your Love

13.Atlas Shrugged

14.Wichita Lineman

15.Messages (this song deserved to be more than just a VR b-side, so might as well give it a second life here)

BTW, your 4th point doesn’t make any sense because any song of theirs that has only been played live has also leaked in some demo form, unless it was a cover, so it contradicts points 3 and 5.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread. Thought point 5 said it had be a cover that we HAVE already heard them do. My bad! I have edited my tracklist accordingly.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

1.Welcome to the Jungle

2.Sweet Child o’ Mine

3.Paradise City

4.Patience

5.Used to Love Her

6.Civil War

7.You Could Be Mine

8.November Rain

9.Yesterdays

10.Chinese Democracy

11.Better

12.Shadow of Your Love

13.Atlas Shrugged

14.Wichita Lineman

15.Messages (this song deserved to be more than just a VR b-side, so might as well give it a second life here)

BTW, your 4th point doesn’t make any sense because any song of theirs that has only been played live has also leaked in some demo form, unless it was a cover, so it contradicts points 3 and 5.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread. Thought point 5 said it had be a cover that we HAVE already heard them do. My bad! I have edited my tracklist accordingly.

Oh I was tempted to slaughter you for Wichita but big props for Messages. It's an epic song. Should have been on Libertad. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. It’s So Easy

3. Nightrain

4. Out Ta Get Me

5. Mr. Brownstone 

6. Paradise City

7. My Michelle

8. Sweet Child O’ Mine

9. Rocket Queen

10. Patience

11. Don’t Cry

12. November Rain

13. Civil War

14. You Could Be Mine

15. Shadow Of Your Love

Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Reckless Life
  2. Perfect Crime
  3. There Was A Time
  4. Night Train
  5. Double Talkin Jive
  6. You Could Be Mine
  7. Rocket Queen
  8. Welcome to the Jungle
  9. Pretty Tied Up
  10. Locomotive
  11. Estranged
  12. Patience
  13. Dead Horse
  14. Coma
  15. Prostitute
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, soon said:
  1. Reckless Life
  2. Perfect Crime
  3. There Was A Time
  4. Night Train
  5. Double Talkin Jive
  6. You Could Be Mine
  7. Rocket Queen
  8. Welcome to the Jungle
  9. Pretty Tied Up
  10. Locomotive
  11. Estranged
  12. Patience
  13. Dead Horse
  14. Coma
  15. Prostitute

You’ve got a pretty kickass opener there with Reckless Life and perfect Crime. And you have most of my favorites. Could def. strand on an island with this one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Oh I was tempted to slaughter you for Wichita but big props for Messages. It's an epic song. Should have been on Libertad. 

Agreed! The rest of the album is shit but then that song was amazing. The fact that it ended up being just a b-side and nothing more bewilders me to no end.

Would you like me to swap out Wichita for I Got You? Or Black Hole Sun? :P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Agreed! The rest of the album is shit but then that song was amazing. The fact that it ended up being just a b-side and nothing more bewilders me to no end.

Would you like me to swap out Wichita for I Got You? Or Black Hole Sun? :P

Asking a fans opinion is a +1 for you. That is something GN'R would never do.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Back Of Bitch

2. Locomotive 

3. Don't Cry

4. Pretty Tied Up

5. Estranged 

6. Perhaps 

7. November Rain 

8. Don't Damn Me

9. Breakdown

10. Welcome To The Jungle

11. You Could Be Mine

12. Hard School 

13. One In A Million

14. It's So Easy

15. Perfect Crime

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My Best Of wouldn't be a Best of :mellow:

If I'd stick to the rules of this topic, this onr would be it:

1. Nightrain

2. Out Ta Get Me

3. It's So Easy

4. Sweet Child

5. Rocket Queen

6. Reckless Life

7. One In A Million

8. Patience (live AMA 89)

9. Civil War

10. Dust N Bones

11. 14 Years

12. Double Talkin Jive

13. Locomotive 

14. You Could Be Mine

15. Don't Damn Me

But I'd rather would do a "Guns side" with my favourite rockers

And a "Roses side" with the ballads and the best mid tempo songs like Yesterdays and KOHD

That would be a Double album with st least 20 songs. Could easily do 30...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Welcome To The Jungle
  2. Sweet Child O' Mine
  3. Don't Damn me
  4. You Could Be Mine
  5. November Rain
  6. Out ta get me
  7. Back off Bitch
  8. This I love
  9. Mr brownstone 
  10. Night train
  11. You're Crazy (acoustic)
  12. Estranged
  13. Shackler's Revenge
  14. Rocket Queen
  15. Paradise City
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was a record executive or layman compiling it objectively, then it basically writes itself: ''Jungle'', ''Brownstone'', ''Nightrain'', ''PC'', ''It's so Easy'', ''SCOM'', ''Patience'', ''You Could Be Mine'', ''November Rain'', ''Don't Cry'', ''KOHD'' (live, Mercury), ''Live and Let Die'', ''Civil War'' - maybe ''Yesterdays'' and ''Estranged'' at a pinch. In my opinion the compilers of the Greatest Hits were idiots even touching the appalling Spaghetti/''Sympathy'' career coda.

Edited by DieselDaisy
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If I was a record executive or layman compiling it objectively, then it basically writes itself: ''Jungle'', ''Brownstone'', ''Nightrain'', ''PC'', ''It's so Easy'', ''SCOM'', ''Patience'', ''You Could Be Mine'', ''November Rain'', ''Don't Cry'', ''KOHD'' (live, Mercury), ''Live and Let Die'', ''Civil War'' - maybe ''Yesterdays'' and ''Estranged'' at a pinch. In my opinion the compilers of the Greatest Hits were idiots even touching the appalling Spaghetti/''Sympathy'' career coda.

Me thinks they wanted the spaghetti tracks so that they could market GH as something that “captured” every GnR studio album at the time, and they wanted Sympathy so that they could say that the record included at least one track that had never been on an album before (that was on the sticker, actually). Unfortunately, without Axl signing off on anything that was still unreleased at the time, they didn’t have many options.

That all being said, the fact that Ain’t It Fun was included instead of Used To Love Her will forever boggle my mind...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If I was a record executive or layman compiling it objectively, then it basically writes itself: ''Jungle'', ''Brownstone'', ''Nightrain'', ''PC'', ''It's so Easy'', ''SCOM'', ''Patience'', ''You Could Be Mine'', ''November Rain'', ''Don't Cry'', ''KOHD'' (live, Mercury), ''Live and Let Die'', ''Civil War'' - maybe ''Yesterdays'' and ''Estranged'' at a pinch. In my opinion the compilers of the Greatest Hits were idiots even touching the appalling Spaghetti/''Sympathy'' career coda.

Yeah, I hear ya. In regards to objectivity in this topic though, I wanted a good mix of objecitvity and subjectivity. I'll handle the losses if it sells badly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Don't damn me

2. Nightrain

3. Rocket Queen

4. You could be mine

5. Patience

6. Welcome to the jungle

7. Civil War

8. November Rain

9. Sweet child o'mine

10. 14 Years

11. Paradise City

12. Don't Cry 

13. Locomotive

14. Pretty tied up

15. Estranged

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Agreed! The rest of the album is shit but then that song was amazing. The fact that it ended up being just a b-side and nothing more bewilders me to no end.

Would you like me to swap out Wichita for I Got You? Or Black Hole Sun? :P

Oh anything but Wichita... And those other 2 songs you mentioned 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going for a best of Deep Cuts. Let's get these Casual Pricks up to speed. 

1. Right Nextdoor To Hell

2. Mr Brownstone 

3. Think About You

4. Rocket Queen 

5. Better

6. Bad Obsession 

7. Locomotive 

8. Breakdown

9. There Was A Time 

10. Madagascar 

11. Don't Damn Me

12. Coma

13. Pretty Tied Up

14. Hardschool 

15. The Seeker

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Scom

Rq

Wttj

Nightrain

Patience

Don't Cry (alt lyrics)

Coma

Civil war 

You Could be Mine

Ain't it fun?

Omg

Better

TWAT 

SoD

Atlas Shrugged

There. 4 songs for each era, 1 recent leak, 1 soundtrack song and 1 cover from TSI?

Edited by Chewbacca
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Don't Damn Me

4. You Could Be Mine

5. Coma

6. One In A Million

7. Patience

8. Sweet Child O' Mine 

9. Civil War

10. November Rain

11. Estranged

12. Dead Horse

13. Breakdown

14. My Michelle

15. Rocket Queen

Edited by Waemoth
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Waemoth said:

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Don't Damn Me

4. You Could Be Mine

5. Coma

6. One In A Million

7. Patience

8. Sweet Child O' Mine 

9. Civil War

10. November Rain

11. Estranged

12. Dead Horse

13. Breakdown

14. My Michelle

15. Rocket Queen

Wonder if we’d see new headlines regarding this one😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. You Could Be Mine

3. Live and Let Die

4. State of Grace

5. Coma

6. Sweet Child O' Mine

7. Dead Horse

8. November Rain

9. It's so Easy

10. If The World

11. Estranged

12. Patience

13. Nightrain

14. Don't Cry

15. Paradise City

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...