Joey Kramer sues Aerosmith

SAU3R

20 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

That's such garbage. Old rich people fighting is lame. Just shut the fuck up, smile for the camera, and collect your paycheck. Its not like any of these old bags are making art in the studio anymore. Just play your hits and go back to your limos, assholes

you mean like GNR?  no ... glad other bands still love what they do and don t do it for a huge paycheck

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My brother read that when him went back to the band they asked him to play and he couldn't do it. Not sure if this is true or not?

I mean haven't all the members have something wrong with them from time to time. The guys are in their 70's. Your bodies don't hold up well at their age. All the shit they did when they were younger, gets you when you're older.

Who is the drummer now?

Honestly, never liked Aerosmith and still don't like them

Of all the rock bands out there to appear on the Grammys this is who they pick? Come on!

BTW, heard an ex Grammy person talking about how some of the grammys awards are fixed. lol Maybe Kanya was right!

Yeah the band claims he couldn’t play well anymore after the injury, but Joey himself claims this isn’t true, from what I gather.

Yeah, all the members have sustained injuries time and time again for the last ten years, mostly due to their age now. That being said, drumming is usually the hardest thing to maintain once you get older, hence why drummers are usually the first to either be fired (like Black Sabbath) or retire (like Rush).

Sounds like the current drummer is still John Douglas, who has also been their drum tech for a long time now, I recently read.

i think the Grammys invited them cause this year is the band’s 50th anniversary.

It all sounds familiar. They say he didn't show up for rehearsals at times. They say he isn't emotionally and physically ready. He says he is.

However this pans out, taking them to court doesn't seem to bode well for his future in Aerosmith.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah the band claims he couldn’t play well anymore after the injury, but Joey himself claims this isn’t true, from what I gather.

Yeah, all the members have sustained injuries time and time again for the last ten years, mostly due to their age now. That being said, drumming is usually the hardest thing to maintain once you get older, hence why drummers are usually the first to either be fired (like Black Sabbath) or retire (like Rush).

Sounds like the current drummer is still John Douglas, who has also been their drum tech for a long time now, I recently read.

i think the Grammys invited them cause this year is the band’s 50th anniversary.

They invited them, because they still are one of the greatest rock bands.

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Are you kidding me? They've been in a band with the guy for almost 50 years and they hire a security guard to tell him he's not welcome? Is this a joke?

Certainly looks like it. Like a staged play with bad actors.

Edited by PatrickS77

12 hours ago, Lio said:

It all sounds familiar. They say he didn't show up for rehearsals at times. They say he isn't emotionally and physically ready. He says he is.

However this pans out, taking them to court doesn't seem to bode well for his future in Aerosmith.

Yeah, I feel bad for Joey having been an original member for 50 years, but I don't think the legal route is going to work. I mean, if he wins, he shows up to rehearsal and says "hey guys, a judge ordered you to let me back into the band." I'm sure that won't be awkward. 

1 hour ago, MidnightToker said:

Yeah, I feel bad for Joey having been an original member for 50 years, but I don't think the legal route is going to work. I mean, if he wins, he shows up to rehearsal and says "hey guys, a judge ordered you to let me back into the band." I'm sure that won't be awkward. 

A judge has already dismissed the suit.

Paraphrasing: The grammy performances are too soon for the band to rehearse with Joey. So his demand is deemed unreasonable.

Additionally, as Joey himself acknowledged, the bands written legal documents do not specifically address this type of a scenario. So there is no easy way to display any clear wrong doing with the bands actions (in the legal sense).

Edited by soon

On 1/21/2020 at 6:19 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I’m really confused. Apparently Joey did have to sit out some dates last fall, I’m reading, and they had a substitute for those shows, but I can’t find any info on who that substitute drummer even was.

Are there any Aerosmith experts on here who can shed some light please?

John Douglas, his drum tech.

Son of Jack Douglas, Aerosmith’s producer from the ‘70s.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chevelle said:

Bands should really fucking hang it up before it comes to the point where they're publicly eating each other alive in their old age. These dudes are all at or nearing their 70s, do they really need MORE money that badly?

They're still an absolute blast live, one of the best shows you can see. Why would they hang it up?

• Like 1

I suppose it is because the drummer is the easiest person to eradicate when the other greedy buggers want to increase their fortune. Even if they have him on a salary, you'd have to pay a Kramer, a Criss or a Ward more than you would have to pay a Johnny Schmuck who has been roped in. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suppose it is because the drummer is the easiest person to eradicate when the other greedy buggers want to increase their fortune. Even if they have him on a salary, you'd have to pay a Kramer, a Criss or a Ward more than you would have to pay a Johnny Schmuck who has been roped in. 

Well. Apparently they have to pay him either way, whether he's performing or not, as he is a 20% shareholder.

12 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

No, it was later than that. I saw him with them in June. I think it was right before they took off for the east coast shows in July sometime or even August.

Oh, well. So he played 1 east coast show in july. But that was it.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

I guess since Joey can't play anymore, the band felt it was best to let him go. I mean if you see Aerosmith and they sound like shit it would suck for every fan.

But these guys have been together for a long time and through drugs and cancer too. Guess Joey isn't the drummer he used to be. Sucks all around.

I know the judge voted in the band's favor, but at least Joey will still get royalties from the albums he's on.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:38 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Peter Criss also. 

Peter Criss wasn't a good drummer at all. Also his drug abuse was a nono for KISS.

Same with Steven. We all know he can't play anymore and his drug abuse was so bad.

As for Matt, he and Axl never got along, so that's why he was out. By then, Axl had fired Slash and Izzy left and so did Duff, so why should Matt stay?