Street Performers in Covent Garden

spunko12345

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I bet those cards work a treat in Pakistan? What is the urdu for, ''what is that city boy woofter doing with that card?''?

Yeah, over there you have to carry a big fuckin' roll of money.  But see it has a negative effect even there.  Firstly, when you have large amounts of cash on you over there shopkeepers rob you silly.  They peg you straight away for a high rolling out of town fraggle so you never get the right price on anything.  And also, you can't imagine how fuckin' annoying it is working with a currency where you can get 5000 rupee notes, then 1000, then 500, then 100, then 50, then 20, then 10, then 5, then shrapnel, try working with that shit.  There's very very rare places in the capitals that take cards and the odd hole in the wall appearing in even less likely locales but i'd say its 95% cash over there.  And its a fuckin' pain in the arse.

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Of course @Len Cnut doesn't carry cash, he's Asian. Nobody wants a fiver that smells of tikka masala!

It makes cocaine snorting a unique experience :lol:

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have never seen him so passionate in a long time - I have to say? A slave to VISA and Mastercard.

I imagine Nat Turner is looking down right now, shaking his head going 'the poor bastard' :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

My gawd. He doesn't get this irate when The Arsenal lose! Remarkable what a few pennies in a pocket can do to a Londoner. 

Another good reason not to carry coins, its a lifetime ban if one of them makes it onto the pitch...or Mustafi's head :lol:

37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are buggered in many countries outside the international hotels. Even in Prague where I was, many restaurants only accepted koruna. Not every country is a woofter country like the UK and the US. 

I much rather use cash in the US than a card for very different reasons.

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Using the convenience of a card to pay with hasn't got anything to do with "working class" or "middle class", because I think brains are fairly evenly distributed, but whether you are a bellend living in the 1920s and not in the 2020s. 

So preferring cash makes you a ''bellend'' stuck in the ''1920s''? That includes practically the entire world.

A lot of boxers have an obssession with cash.  Roberto Duran, to this day, demands payment for shit in cash.  Probably cuz the tax man will have it off him if he don't.  Chuck Berry was like that too, god rest his soul.  Rocky Marciano used to stuff it in his mattress and under the floorboards and all that.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

A lot of boxers have an obssession with cash.  Roberto Duran, to this day, demands payment for shit in cash.  Probably cuz the tax man will have it off him if he don't.  Chuck Berry was like that too, god rest his soul.  Rocky Marciano used to stuff it in his mattress and under the floorboards and all that.

There you all. All the cool dudes. 

10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, let’s all follow the example of people who get punched in the head for a living. :lol: 

Chuck Berry didn't get punched in the head for a living, though I believe he did fight in the Golden Gloves as an amateur.  Also smacked Keith Richards once, something I imagine a fair few people have thought about.

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Okay, people who get punched in the head for a living and nonces. :lol: 

Chuck Berry weren’t a nonce, how dare you! :lol:  She was a hat check girl at one of his clubs, that was a proper railroading job.  What he did do however was set up cameras in the toilets so he could watch ladies relieving themselves  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Chuck Berry weren’t a nonce, how dare you! :lol:  She was a hat check girl at one of his clubs, that was a proper railroading job.  What he did do however was set up cameras in the toilets so he could watch ladies relieving themselves  :lol: 

Okay, people who get punched in the head for a living and nonces and perverts. You’re not helping the cause here. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Okay, people who get punched in the head for a living and nonces and perverts. You’re not helping the cause here. :lol: 

He also beat the shit out of some bird leaving her with lacerations on her face, settled for a lower charge of harrassment and a fine, :lol:  Just to make it a touch worse!

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He also beat the shit out of some bird leaving her with lacerations on her face, settled for a lower charge of harrassment and a fine, :lol:  Just to make it a touch worse!

Okay, people who ...........

Ah fuck it! You get the idea! :lol: 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Poor Spunko made a thread earlier about street performers, since then its degenerated into a discussion about whether carrying debit cards makes you a poof and Chuck Berry watching women poo :lol:

I must admit, I have never seen you this argumentative (with me) with this card business since the time I called Rotten a big fat sell-out for doing butter commercials and reality television.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I must admit, I have never seen you this argumentative (with me) with this card business since the time I called Rotten a big fat sell-out for doing butter commercials and reality television.

Iggy with the Swiftcover, thats one I'd be more argumentative about!  I wasn't being argumentative, it just seems really illogical to carry cash.  I mean don't get me wrong, if I happen upon a load of cash I'm not so committed to the cause that I'll fuckin' go and stick it in the bank just for the pleasure of using my debit card but, I dunno, your wages go in the bank, your cards on ya, why not just use the fucker when you pop in the shops. 

If this makes things any better, a few years back when I was big into gambling I won thousands of pounds numerous times and I actually went and got it out of the bank and kept it at home for a while, a very short while mind, cuz it all got spent.  Was a few occasions that, 8 grand once, 10 grand another, 12 another.  Fuck knows why either. 

Edited by Len Cnut

I hardly ever have cash, but lucky last night I did. Wanted to treat my daughter at McDonald's and the order system and paycard system were down. I was amazed so many People carried cash. Almost any other day of the year I could have had to return home pissed off.

Also, in the last ten years,whenever I was abroad, I never had any problems paying with a card.

The US are way behind the times with cards. Pretty much everywhere you go that isn’t a Walmart they still make you sign for card payments.
It’s a right cunt when you’re eating out as the payment doesn’t show on your available balance for a few days. 
I wouldn’t use a card over here either a few years ago for the same reason but now your balance updates instantly so there’s literally no reason to use cash anymore. 

50 minutes ago, action said:

chuck berry started it all, man

I always wondered, with the watching them poo thing, was it like, just cameras in the toilet?  So you just see em, sit on the can, pulling faces, doin' the bizzo or...like...actually IN the toilet, watching the fuckin' floater push its way out in close up :lol:  Nyaaah, he's Chuck Berry, either is forgivable :lol: