Glasgow show announced

3 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

Made me think of the Body Worlds exhibition. Personally I'd find it pretty lame looking at a corpse on a stage all night though. But people are weird.

Yep. I don't understand tribute bands either really. Why the hell do I want to see a band pretending to be another band? What a weird way to spend your time and money. 

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yep. I don't understand tribute bands either really. Why the hell do I want to see a band pretending to be another band? What a weird way to spend your time and money. 

I understand why you feel that way; I've never been much of a tribute band lover myself. However, I can understand why people spend money on it. There's this local AC/DC tribute band which is pretty decent. If I was up for a night out and liked AC/DC as much as I like GNR, I wouldn't have a problem spending $20 for a night of listening to a band playing the music I like (compared to the usual EDM the venue plays).

19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I love a good tribute band ye misery. As long as they aren't too far up their own backside and charge a ridiculous amount. Australian Pink Floyd charge up to £100 and do Meet N Greet 

5 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

If Axl doesn't wear his old 'kilt' during this gig, you should all demand your money back! 

Not fat shaming Axl here, but there are limits to how much you can extend a kilt. I think we'd see a new one, if he decides to go for it.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, WildStar said:

I love a good tribute band ye misery. As long as they aren't too far up their own backside and charge a ridiculous amount. Australian Pink Floyd charge up to £100 and do Meet N Greet 

Rubbish. Go and see the real band, or forget it! And if the real band are dead.....you missed 'em! 

Do they really!? Meet and Greet?! Bloody hell! 

Edited by allwaystired

Ahh was going to take my 8 year old to this, but will have to be gold circle i bet to get a half decent viewe and he will no doubt only see when hes on my shoulders so thats £280 + booking fees straight in for 2 tickets, oh dear.  Crazy to think last year I got 4 front row Alice Cooper tickets for £180.

50 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Rubbish. Go and see the real band, or forget it! And if the real band are dead.....you missed 'em! 

Do they really!? Meet and Greet?! Bloody hell! 

Yeah you can meet some Aussie blokes who play Floyd songs and pay for the honour. How lucky. 

I'm not keen on GNR tribute bands