Jump to content

06/25/20 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there an admin here? This guy needs banned

First time in 8 years. Beautiful. Apparently there is chat of it being mandatory that everyone in Golden Circle must come dressed as Daniel Fergus McGrain.

A bomb under your car. 

So Glasgow Green is where TRNSMT is held, which according to Wikipedia, holds 120,000.

I was at TRNSMT in 2018 and there is no chance the crowd was that size. I'll be curious to know how many Guns pull in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean said:

So Glasgow Green is where TRNSMT is held, which according to Wikipedia, holds 120,000.

I was at TRNSMT in 2018 and there is no chance the crowd was that size. I'll be curious to know how many Guns pull in. 

50,000 per day

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

So many gigs in Glasgow this summer, as well as Glastonbury weekend. Don't think it will sell out

The number of gigs in Glasgow could be a factor, Glastonbury imo would not be. There are enough people in the UK to go around for both events! Guns will be a big draw in Glasgow/Scotland/ north of England. Green Day is completely sold out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Wouldn’t be expecting a late finish for this, especially as the start time is given as 5pm. It’s a city centre (ish) open venue. Could see it wrapped up by 10pm, 10:30pm at a push. I guess we’ll see. 

5pm probably just means gates open then. so they probably wont be on till 7.30-8 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

The number of gigs in Glasgow could be a factor, Glastonbury imo would not be. There are enough people in the UK to go around for both events! Guns will be a big draw in Glasgow/Scotland/ north of England. Green Day is completely sold out.

Yeah Glastonbury sells out before a band is announced and it's more than just a music festival. 

I thought Glasgow may have sold out straight away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note on GN'R at Download on the Saturday. I've been to a fair few Download Festivals, and that Saturday was way busier than I've seen for other bands. The closest to it was AC/DC in 2010, but GN'R had more people there. They have increased capacity at Download consistently over the years, and audience figures are always inflated (I.e. they never allow for people in the campsites/village/other stages etc). But crowd wise, it has never been that full. Let's not forget, no other bands played while GN'R played their last 2.5 hours or so, so practically everyone in the arena was Main Stage.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Just a note on GN'R at Download on the Saturday. I've been to a fair few Download Festivals, and that Saturday was way busier than I've seen for other bands. The closest to it was AC/DC in 2010, but GN'R had more people there. They have increased capacity at Download consistently over the years, and audience figures are always inflated (I.e. they never allow for people in the campsites/village/other stages etc). But crowd wise, it has never been that full. Let's not forget, no other bands played while GN'R played their last 2.5 hours or so, so practically everyone in the arena was Main Stage.

I was actually talking to my mate who goes to Download every year about this. He reckons he has never seen it as busy or full up as it was for GNR. He's been to every download and went to a few monsters of rock. Donnington is his mecca! 

He hates GNR, but loved their show. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Axlr0s37 said:

I was actually talking to my mate who goes to Download every year about this. He reckons he has never seen it as busy or full up as it was for GNR. He's been to every download and went to a few monsters of rock. Donnington is his mecca! 

He hates GNR, but loved their show. 

Well that speaks volumes. I'm admittedly a huge GN'R fan, so could be biased. But your friend has been to every Download and not particularly a fan of GN'R and can verify it.

I went to MOR in 1996 (My first concert at 15!), and the capacity was way less then. Although some sources say GN'R didn't sell out etc.. It's because capacity was the highest they'd ever allowed, and they filled it to the hilt. Never seen it like that, ever. Seen GN'R there in 2006 (when it was in the track), but again capacity was less back then. Glad your friend was converted for one night :-)

My friend used to hate GN'R and particularly Axl until we seen them at Leeds Festival in 2002. He's been a huge fan since that night (particularly of Axl lol).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to this, absolutely buzzing for it!

I saw nu-GNR in 2006 (when Axl ended up walking off during and after Nightrain) and in 2012...  both times at Newcastle Arena. Was a member here back then too under a similar name... great times man.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone any info on support band for UK gigs yet?green vip..hell yes,buzzing.strange the announcement of SP in us dates off the bat,but no uk after being announced 1st.ice t/bodycount maybe?

 

 

Edited by scotsappetite
Why not
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, scotsappetite said:

Anyone any info on support band for UK gigs yet?green vip..hell yes,buzzing.strange the announcement of SP in us dates off the bat,but no uk after being announced 1st.ice t/bodycount maybe?

 

 

Absolutely nothing. And stadium shows normally have more than one support act. Hopefully it's someone worth seeing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WildStar said:

It's a closely guarded secret by Ticketmaster. But I can guess 'tickets are still available' 

I remember for Queen and Adam Lambert at Glasgow Green in 2018 tickets ended up going on for 2 for 1 to shift them a couple of weeks before the gig. And they were cheaper than GNR to start with.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Calcy said:

I remember for Queen and Adam Lambert at Glasgow Green in 2018 tickets ended up going on for 2 for 1 to shift them a couple of weeks before the gig. And they were cheaper than GNR to start with.

Looks like it could payoff to hold back in getting tickets 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...