Footage of Verdun, Montreal 1987?

Nice catch!! 

Gnrontour info:

08.17.87 - Verdun Auditorium, Montreal, Canada
opening for: The Cult
set: Out Ta Get Me, Anything Goes, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Nightrain, Welcome To The Jungle, My Michelle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You're Crazy, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: Rare performance of 'Out Ta Get Me' as the opener on this part of the tour. To introduce 'Anything Goes,' Axl says, “There are no rules in Montreal, so I guess anything goes!” Before 'Paradise City,' Axl mentions how great The Cult have treated them.

• Thanks 1

in the first leg of the Appetite For Destruction Tour (The Canada Tour) it's the only time they played Anything Goes (AfD Version) and Think About You. Later in the Europe Tour they dropped Anything Goes and Think About You and never played again (except Think About You in 2001)

Edited by t-p-d-a

It's interesting isn't it? I had no idea there were any other filmed 1987 shows of this quality.

The clip looks like it might have been taken from a longer programme shown on TV, so maybe some station has the full thing in its archive.. Someone must know something about it! 

Edited by Nice Boy

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Surprised this coukdnt have been remastered and included with the L&L box.

Marquee '87 (Audio Disc) and Ritz '88 (Blu Ray) are the most realistic possible shows that can be offically released. It's there, somewhere. it exists but they dont release it, i dont know why

In my opinion, the KOHD clip its just from the press and only for media use. Only one cam from the press and no soundboard audio

• Like 1

I also came across a rare-ish interview with Slash and Duff from the late 80s or early 90s where Slash is saying the usual "We're just a rock n roll band, we haven't murdered anybody but people are always saying we're bad boys" - then right on cue they both simultaneously chime in together to sing the chorus of the Charlie Brown / Peanuts song "Why's everybody always picking on me?" - it's a proper funny moment, made me do an actual lol but I can't find it again now, if anyone knows the interview I mean then link us up please 🙂

1 hour ago, Nice Boy said:

I also came across a rare-ish interview with Slash and Duff from the late 80s or early 90s where Slash is saying the usual "We're just a rock n roll band, we haven't murdered anybody but people are always saying we're bad boys" - then right on cue they both simultaneously chime in together to sing the chorus of the Charlie Brown / Peanuts song "Why's everybody always picking on me?" - it's a proper funny moment, made me do an actual lol but I can't find it again now, if anyone knows the interview I mean then link us up please 🙂

It's from the press conference in Copenhagen, in 1991. It's somewhere in this video (edit - around 3:00 minute mark):

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3758-1991-09-dd-rapido-french-tv-guns-n-roses-special-slash-duff-matt

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Marquee '87 (Audio Disc) and Ritz '88 (Blu Ray) are the most realistic possible shows that can be offically released. It's there, somewhere. it exists but they dont release it, i dont know why

In my opinion, the KOHD clip its just from the press and only for media use. Only one cam from the press and no soundboard audio

The Ritz show was filmed by MTV, so it would be my guess that their parent company, Viacom, has ownership of it.

10 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

The Marquee show was not filmed.

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

Audio was recorded.

Yeah i know. 

Who need a Marquee audio?? Nobody. We have already a very very good audio of that.

The LnL was poor in many things.... thinking like this stuf is bought for really fans in general who are collectors and have a lot of material.

We have 2 or 3 versions of that gig. One very good..... other with that fake "live public"... and we have 1 song on Live Era i remembered?¿

Edited by axlvai

On 29/01/2020 at 6:14 AM, zigzagbigbag said:

Awesome!!!

But every time something like this pops up you can literally see what’s rotting in the vaults. Such a shame. 

Yeah it's a big shame when you think what we could have. I think it's being saved for a Retirement fund when there's no more touring 

29 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Yeah i know. 

Who need a Marquee audio?? Nobody. We have already a very very good audio of that.

The LnL was poor in many things.... thinking like this stuf is bought for really fans in general who are collectors and have a lot of material.

We have 2 or 3 versions of that gig. One very good..... other with that fake "live public"... and we have 1 song on Live Era i remembered?¿

Yes, Out ta Get Me should be from Marquee.