GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

13 hours ago, Amaya said:

Regarding Sloppy ,dizzy ditzy ,Dizzy. If those groupies dumbunnies went through with their pregnancies,  no way would, could Diz be in the lives of those  kids. Dumbunnies groupies pregnant  by the keyboardiest hired hand,lol. Credit to Steven even, Izzy, Matt, all of them. GnR for all their wild ways in 1980s until mid 1990s, were never sloppy. If they were, these women would have put it out on front street for child support.They escaped the ballers and hip hop guys mutiple kids all over.

Steven has a daughter. I don’t know if he see’s her at all now - but I remember reading in the original WT about it and he said he didn’t have a relationship with the child because of his drug addiction. If I remember right. 

20 hours ago, Padme said:

What exactly "he made her have an abortion" means?

That's what the woman said in her book.

17 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I am only interested in the AfD five, I really don’t give a shit about any other members.

Me neither. I do read all the books, but only to glean extra info about the AFD five and that era.

15 hours ago, Amaya said:

Dumbunnies groupies pregnant  by the keyboardiest hired hand,lol. Credit to Steven even, Izzy, Matt, all of them. GnR for all their wild ways in 1980s until mid 1990s, were never sloppy.

Going by Slash's, Duff's, Steven's and Matt's books, they were very sloppy. Had sex with loads of people. Never used protection. Duff and Slash tell how they all got STIs. 

My take is: Going by numbers alone, there have got to have been pregnancies. My guess is that unlike Dizzy and Steven (who made a lot less money from GNR), Axl, Duff, Slash and Izzy had the money to hire good lawyers, and women were hushed up and paid off. I would imagine most would have had abortions.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 4:18 AM, Blackstar said:

Also Duff was looking for the right girl with his main criterion being their tits, and that was how he decided to marry Linda on the spot. 

And Dizzy impregnated three women during the UYI and then had to pay alimony to them (I guess this is some crucial information that everybody cared to know about :lol:)

Have any photos of Linda surfaced from back then? I don't think I've ever seen one of them together.

On 6/8/2020 at 12:44 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lol I bet Duff is fuming about Matt letting us know that little nugget of info after all that hard work he put into his revised history interviews the last couple of years - “we never objectified women” but he married someone for her tits :lol:

Yeah that's a huge lie. Would be better if he just admitted that they were like that back then but they've changed now.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:58 AM, Sydney Fan said:

I agree. Axls woukd be very articulate and i reckon he would have a memory like an elephant. Axl wasnt doing drugs during the illusion tour so i think his memory would be alot better than the others, i hope if he ever does a book a guns fan could be prompting him to recall certain events on where we really need pieces to the puzzle aslong as axlcould be objectionable as part of his writing. Izzy always said axl used to write stuff down.

Axl did drugs he just didn't become an addict.

17 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm interesting in Matt, Gilby and others who used to be part of the GN'R world in some capacity as long as they give us accurate information. But I don't care about their other bands, tours and albums. There are many things that we still don't know the whole story. 

You're missing out on a lot of good music then.

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I have listened to some VR songs, Izzy songs. I have Gilby's album Pawn Shop Guitar. He was still in the band at that time and there was a duet with Axl. I have listened some of Slash solo albums. I think Anastasia is the best song Slash wrote as a solo artist. But all this was BEFORE the reunion. Now with the reunion going on I don't care about other projects they may have.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Have any photos of Linda surfaced from back then? I don't think I've ever seen one of them together.

Yeah that's a huge lie. Would be better if he just admitted that they were like that back then but they've changed now.

Axl did drugs he just didn't become an addict.

In terms of drugs we know axl didnt do coke because it would effect his throat and thats going back as far as 87 when GNR supported the crue. I know matt mentions smoking other drugs on the tour plane with axl. I thought that and pot was probably the only drugs axl did. He certainly wasnt into the harder drugs and alcohol the rest of the band were doing during the illusions tour.

Regarding linda i have googled her but nothing comes up for the last 20 years. Only info is her time with duff.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, money honey said:

Going by Slash's, Duff's, Steven's and Matt's books, they were very sloppy. Had sex with loads of people. Never used protection. Duff and Slash tell how they all got STIs. 

My take is: Going by numbers alone, there have got to have been pregnancies. My guess is that unlike Dizzy and Steven (who made a lot less money from GNR), Axl, Duff, Slash and Izzy had the money to hire good lawyers, and women were hushed up and paid off. I would imagine most would have had abortions.

I still dont understand why slash never did a prenup with perla. Maybe slash thought perla was the "one" but sometimes things happen.......

Edited by Sydney Fan

27 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

In terms of drugs we know axl didnt do coke because it would effect his throat and thats going back as far as 87 when GNR supported the crue. I know matt mentions smoking other drugs on the tour plane with axl. I thought that and pot was probably the only drugs axl did. He certainly wasnt into the harder drugs and alcohol the rest of the band were doing during the illusions tour.

Regarding linda i have googled her but nothing comes up for the last 20 years. Only info is her time with duff.

He definitely did coke in the past, I have firsthand knowledge of that. And he was smoking the heroin with Matt too.

29 minutes ago, Padme said:

I have listened to some VR songs, Izzy songs. I have Gilby's album Pawn Shop Guitar. He was still in the band at that time and there was a duet with Axl. I have listened some of Slash solo albums. I think Anastasia is the best song Slash wrote as a solo artist. But all this was BEFORE the reunion. Now with the reunion going on I don't care about other projects they may have.

At this point I care a lot more about SMKC than the reunion, now that we know what we know about how it all came together. The reunion has gotten boring and there's not much to be excited about imo, plus their management makes it hard to like them anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

He definitely did coke in the past, I have firsthand knowledge of that. And he was smoking the heroin with Matt too.

At this point I care a lot more about SMKC than the reunion, now that we know what we know about how it all came together. The reunion has gotten boring and there's not much to be excited about imo, plus their management makes it hard to like them anymore.

The coke must i wonder be around the 06 period when he was being mr social, going to nightclubs  while they were touring and being back in the public eye again, after about 10 years.....

In terms of the mel interview, id like to know if duff would have accepted her if she wasnt from seattle. She mentions he wasnt happy when they first met. I wonder if it was to do with the lineup?. The chance of getting izzy back must have no longer worked out, so maybe discussions were still continuing on who was in and out of the band 🤔

Edited by Sydney Fan

35 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

The coke must i wonder be around the 06 period when he was being mr social, going to nightclubs  while they were touring and being back in the public eye again, after about 10 years.....

In terms of the mel interview, id like to know if duff would have accepted her if she wasnt from seattle. She mentions he wasnt happy when they first met. I wonder if it was to do with the lineup?. The chance of getting izzy back must have no longer worked out, so maybe discussions were still continuing on who was in and out of the band 🤔

Yeah it was.

Yeah I don't know, I think at that point since Izzy and Matt hadn't worked out they probably didn't care anymore who was in it, and self proclaimed feminist Duff probably wasn't thrilled about having a girl in the band. Based on Slash's quote I think he wasn't really into the idea of having a 2nd keyboard player anyways and probably doesn't understand why her stuff is needed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I had zero hope that a reunion would ever take place. Well, it did. And I was lucky to see Adler on stage with them in L.A.  Hey I wish Adler was THE drummer. But I least I got to see him once. And Axl, Slash and Duff might not be the best of friends but at least the manage to get on stage. And finally( before COVID-19) I got to see a video of a show where play Locomotive and Dead Horse

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Axl did it all, pills (ODed by them in suicidal attempt at least once) , coke (Matt shared some with him while making Illusions, Axl talked eight hours straight, no one shared coke with him after that), even intravenous heroin (recommends clean needles), he just somehow managed not to become a junkie and rather solve his issues than drug up. He continued weed long after he dumped hard drugs, too. Ocassional shrooms reported. Stopped smoking in 90s or so. Overall, interesting. 

Hell yeah, he can still have a beer without major health risk. 

7 hours ago, Alja said:

Axl did it all, pills (ODed by them in suicidal attempt at least once) , coke (Matt shared some with him while making Illusions, Axl talked eight hours straight, no one shared coke with him after that), even intravenous heroin (recommends clean needles), he just somehow managed not to become a junkie and rather solve his issues than drug up. He continued weed long after he dumped hard drugs, too. Ocassional shrooms reported. Stopped smoking in 90s or so. Overall, interesting. 

Hell yeah, he can still have a beer without major health risk. 

Axl prefers european beers apparently. Theres  a brand starts with B. In one if the  NITL shows he has a bottle of it on the piano and mentions that hes not showing the beer as an endorsement but that its his favourite brand of beer. 

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Axl prefers european beers apparently. Theres  a brand starts with B. In one if the  NITL shows he has a bottle of it on the piano and mentions that hes not showing the beer as an endorsement but that its his favourite brand of beer. 

It was in Prague. Some tech handled the beer to Axl, he was happy about it. It's best f*king beer, you know? I had american beer once, tape water is cheaper, and tastes the same. 

You can also have a normal beer with Robert Plant, but not with Pagey. Also, Jagger ain't no junkie and never became an addict, too. Singers are less prone to addiction and perfoance is the last thing they eventually stay clean for. 

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think he would have been as they are called, a functioning addict. 

Axl would eventually abuse substances, but he never became an addict, that's the trick. Difference is, that you could ocassionally binge consume like alcohol or pills, or have a veekend on heroin, but get sober after that. No craving, no searching, no excitement about getting drugged up.

In some interview from 90s. There was heartbreaking story of Axl searching for dope in suicidal attempt, he was allready famous, but have nobody to spend Christmas with, left orphaned and abandoned in LA. Then he met some friends. with same struggles and they spent Christmas together (without dope). Just little celebration. 

20 hours ago, Padme said:

And I was lucky to see Adler on stage with them in L.A

Amazing. Lucky you! What were your impressions of him?

5 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

.. but axl saw my banner two times in Gothenburg and pointend at me widely smiling:heart:

:wow: aaaah so envious!! I was there too!! Were you at the rail? What did your banner say? 

Sorry to deviate for a minute... 

Does anyone know where there might a high-res version of this pic, and other shots from the same photo session?

(posted in another forum too)

image.thumb.png.0e36f0f071140a16af084aa0eaaebe7b.png

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, money honey said:

:wow: aaaah so envious!! I was there too!! Were you at the rail? What did your banner say? 

Sorry to deviate for a minute... 

Does anyone know where there might a high-res version of this pic, and other shots from the same photo session?

(posted in another forum too)

image.thumb.png.0e36f0f071140a16af084aa0eaaebe7b.png

I was on the third row. I draw a big red heart on a white sheet, I showed it three times during estranged (my favourite song).. first time duff saw it and smiled, then axl did the same thing twice, pointing at me.

there are some videos on youtube..

it was one of the most exciting time of my life :P

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, money honey said:

He looked very happy. And in better shape than Axl. Although at that time Axl's voice was a lot better than in more recent shows

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 11:16 AM, Blackstar said:

Thnx for the old, little gem. Yep, big boobs. Duff was messed up, ill, bleach stringy hair, etc. Funny, how someone, him, older today, but looks better AND YOUNGER TODAY than he did then. He really did well. Izzy looks good, normal in the last few pix we have seen of him. Granpa, but normal and normal is good. He looked REALLY  good from a few years ago at an art showing with his lady. She was not some young girl young enough to be his daughter type either. Good for him

Edited by Amaya
Corrections
  • Like 1