GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

2 hours ago, albowhead said:

What do you ladies think a new album would sound like.... I've been trying to wrap my head around that.   

What ever we are thinking of, it'll be exact the other way:lol: i'm a bit afraid of this day (not musically whise) but what a hell will break loose on here, i can already hear all the usual haters,...but anyway, hopefully it happens someday.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:39 AM, albowhead said:

What do you ladies think a new album would sound like.... I've been trying to wrap my head around that.   

Good rock n roll vibe. Good songs  That would be the sound of their music , I think anyway.
The lyrics would be  fun and serious things too. Serious can be presented in a good sound, good beat.No remakes of AFD to UYIs.

They cannot write and play those kinds of songs , raunchy, as grown, adult men today . Their maturity level is not like it was 30/years ago.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I imagine a new GnR album sounds like unicorn farts and pigs wings flapping in the sky. 

:unsure:

At this point I think the farts and pigs are the lesser evil. So far, all we got is the vinyl of Greatest Hits  :no:

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 11:39 PM, albowhead said:

Who knows, thanks to a certain someone we may never know.

I am very excited about the imminent SMKC record though. That has made me happier than I have been in months.

On 7. 8. 2020 at 8:39 AM, albowhead said:

I guess something to have a nice glass of wine with rather than something to blow the roof off. 

Duff may bring some bluesy-groovy sound from last album - or punk sparkles; Axl can make Slash's throw-out noodles work the way I sometimes think that Slash's play is sound in Axl's head... Melissa is true musical Swiss knife with beautiful voice... and Axl can put together how feelings sound like (with multilayered lyrics). 

Edited by Alja
  • Like 1

On 2020/08/11 at 9:17 PM, Alja said:

I guess something to have a nice glass of wine with rather than something to blow the roof off. 

Duff may bring some bluesy-groovy sound from last album - or punk sparkles; Axl can make Slash's throw-out noodles work the way I sometimes think that Slash's play is sound in Axl's head... Melissa is true musical Swiss knife with beautiful voice... and Axl can put together how feelings sound like (with multilayered lyrics). 

I agree , my roof blowing days are far behind me. I prefer bluesy punchy stuff now, but I'm open to almost anything from them as long as it doesn't suck! That's my main worry...what if it's a right mess? Mind you with Axl involved extreme attention to detail, nit picking, quality control etc are probably par for the course. 

Our chief problem will probably be an interminable CD-like wait for new material....(God forbid).

On 8/5/2020 at 8:36 PM, AbleSable said:

Thought I'd better say hi in case you all start noticing me lurking... very new to forum, not new to GNR love. To lazy to follow/ check out social media so relying on you good folks to supply me with the news, gossip etc :heart:. Also am wading through the extremely entertaining previous women's chats...wow.  I'm a bit behind on recent news so forgive me if I ask obvious/ stupid sounding questions. 

Finally, I'm into Slaxl :slash: :axl92:(thought I'd better lay that on the table straight away!)

Hello and welcome to the forum new fellow Slaxl fan! Here is a little clip...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's quiet...too quiet...I wonder what's going on in the women's thread...

"SLAXL"

:vomit:

When all else fails, turn to Slaxl!

Ok, to change the subject somewhat. Your thoughts on the up coming children's book "Sweet Child O' Mine"? I don't lurk on other threads so apologies if this has been discussed to death already.

My first reaction : WTF??! Cash grab or what? I suppose it also depends on the treatment, perhaps it will be a marvellous kids book?<_<

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AbleSable said:

When all else fails, turn to Slaxl!

Ok, to change the subject somewhat. Your thoughts on the up coming children's book "Sweet Child O' Mine"? I don't lurk on other threads so apologies if this has been discussed to death already.

My first reaction : WTF??! Cash grab or what? I suppose it also depends on the treatment, perhaps it will be a marvellous kids book?<_<

Cash grab and Fernando overstepping the line again with how much he and his family think they’re actually part of the band - seriously though, a band like GnR releasing a kids book :lol:

You would’ve thought it would be like this

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Cash grab and Fernando overstepping the line again with how much he and his family think they’re actually part of the band - seriously though, a band like GnR releasing a kids book :lol:

You would’ve thought it would be like this

:lol:

Ha ha I remember that book!

13 minutes ago, AbleSable said:

That is hilarious! Now that's more like it. 

For what was the "most dangerous band in the world" to release a children's book... I feel embarrassed for then 

Keith Richards had written children's book, and it's nice (a story about how his grandfather introduced him to music), so had Paul McCarthey (from who I know)... so... why not. Buy it or let be. It seems easy to make children's book, but it's not, we'll see.

16 minutes ago, Alja said:

Keith Richards had written children's book, and it's nice (a story about how his grandfather introduced him to music), so had Paul McCarthey (from who I know)... so... why not. Buy it or let be. It seems easy to make children's book, but it's not, we'll see.

Sure but those guys have made plenty of albums. As I said before, all we have is the Greatest Hits vinyl. Oh! and the word "fam" and Axl talking politics. Also making his name a trade mark

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alja said:

Lol that reminds me of the time when Prince Charles of all people wrote a children's book. He even read it out IIRC on a TV show. It was so cringeworthy :facepalm:but I think it was for charity so in the end I guess it was all good. Maybe this book is for charity too?? 

21 hours ago, Padme said:

Sure but those guys have made plenty of albums. As I said before, all we have is the Greatest Hits vinyl. Oh! and the word "fam" and Axl talking politics. Also making his name a trade mark

There are all that properly working, interviews giving, album releasing, whole tour rescheduling bands to love... and my no.1 band is Guns n' Roses. I am not even properly adulting, that's it...

2 hours ago, AbleSable said:

Lol that reminds me of the time when Prince Charles of all people wrote a children's book. He even read it out IIRC on a TV show. It was so cringeworthy :facepalm:but I think it was for charity so in the end I guess it was all good. Maybe this book is for charity too?? 

I hope they at least cooperated with someone experienced in quality children's books.... as I said, it's way harder than it may seem. 

• Like 1

The book seems like a nice, little family thing for the Lebis grandchildren by their parents.

I think the thing that got people here is this is under GnR. Sold by GnR. Marketed by GnR on their site.

If this was fir the Lebis kids by their parents but sold separately on their site, Amazon, etc, that is different.

What Paul Mc did is different because he is his own band.

When he wanted Linda on all albums, recordings whether she could really carry a note or play ir note, well, it was ok by the boss put her there.

• Like 1

On 21/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, SerenityScorp said:

Soooo when I wanna watch a video about Bohemian Rhapsody (The Movie) on YT, I saw an ad about Sixx A. M. featuring many Artists including Slash!! What's up with that?! :wow:

Well, Slash doesn't have to be in studio with them. You know how it is today. They send a file to producers. Remember Slash himself made a solo album featuring many guests