GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

On 25. 8. 2020 at 3:20 AM, Amaya said:

The book seems like a nice, little family thing for the Lebis grandchildren by their parents.

I think the thing that got people here is this is under GnR. Sold by GnR. Marketed by GnR on their site.

If this was fir the Lebis kids by their parents but sold separately on their site, Amazon, etc, that is different.

What Paul Mc did is different because he is his own band.

When he wanted Linda on all albums, recordings whether she could really carry a note or play ir note, well, it was ok by the boss put her there.

If they are allowed to promote and sell it under GNR trademark, they would be stupid, if not.  Difference in sells are probably bigger than few upset hardcore fans...

7 hours ago, Padme said:

Well, Slash doesn't have to be in studio with them. You know how it is today. They send a file to producers. Remember Slash himself made a solo album featuring many guests

Separate recording works, it worked long, long time ago, basically since people were able to send tapes... The thing is it's different when all the band is present and the magic happens. Of course there is possibility to remake/add layers/do any kind of post-production then, but the best music usually comes from all the band in the studio simultaneously. Not just in case of GNR. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AbleSable said:

I've been pretty quiet lately...mind you, this whole thread is pretty quiet:P. I've been trawling through PART ONE of the women's discussion and...what can I say? Ladies and selected gentleman (I'm looking at you @Frey), you have my deepest admiration. I can honestly say I have taken the deepest ever dive into any subject that I can recall! 

I consider myself a semi expert now in all matters relating to GNR gossip, intra band relationships, Instagram image analysis, Axl related fashion discussion, obscure 80s interviews, the disturbing TB and most importantly - all matters Slaxl. 

You've given me a new appreciation of Duff, even Steven. I've fallen in and out and in again of love with Axl. Still adore Slash and still undecided over Izzy. 

Thank you all you crazy amazing people!:heart::heart::heart:

Welcome,

recently something threw me back to WT1, it had been really amazing place to discuss. I love all the hints and minor information which create and colorize the whole picture - and ventually brings understanding even to topics outside the band and fandom. 

I hope things like armchair psychology without definitive answers and all the fun without people getting instantly offended can make a comeback. It's a pity some people, who were great sources of obscure information (like Lumikki) don't appear anymore, and with this band it's difficult to get any crumble of new material... on the other side, fans are admirable, there's still something dug out and other content created, which is amazing, after all. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 8:21 AM, SerenityScorp said:

Soooo when I wanna watch a video about Bohemian Rhapsody (The Movie) on YT, I saw an ad about Sixx A. M. featuring many Artists including Slash!! What's up with that?! :wow:

Slash played the solo on that song.

On 8/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, SerenityScorp said:

Sucks. I just wanna see Slash N' DJ Ashba together in a room :smiley-confused2:

dj-ashba-alice-cooper-nikki-sixx-slash-j

d0bc3e552c48e5d08bd2def605c0ee87.jpg

On 9/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, AbleSable said:

I've been pretty quiet lately...mind you, this whole thread is pretty quiet:P. I've been trawling through PART ONE of the women's discussion and...what can I say? Ladies and selected gentleman (I'm looking at you @Frey), you have my deepest admiration. I can honestly say I have taken the deepest ever dive into any subject that I can recall! 

I consider myself a semi expert now in all matters relating to GNR gossip, intra band relationships, Instagram image analysis, Axl related fashion discussion, obscure 80s interviews, the disturbing TB and most importantly - all matters Slaxl. 

You've given me a new appreciation of Duff, even Steven. I've fallen in and out and in again of love with Axl. Still adore Slash and still undecided over Izzy. 

I have been doing the same:wow:

@AbleSable @DurhamGirl The parts 1 and 2 of the women's thread have some fun stuff, unfortunately a lot of those posters have left the forums. It's now up to you newer members to grow this thread into something fun, so any questions or subjects you have please feel free to post them here. All are welcome.:slash:

On 9/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, AbleSable said:

Just to be clear for anyone reading the old threads. Frey was never a 'gentleman' poster. It was a female alt account which was banned a long while back. That doesn't take away from good fandom posts they made but everyone should bear that in mind when reading.

• Like 1
  • Wow 4

On 9/18/2020 at 3:05 AM, alfierose said:

Just to be clear for anyone reading the old threads. Frey was never a 'gentleman' poster. It was a female alt account which was banned a long while back. That doesn't take away from good fandom posts they made but everyone should bear that in mind when reading.

Well well.  I have to admit I am pretty gullible (not a great trait in cyberspace) - is this why Frey was banned? Haven't made it to WT2 yet!

On 9/18/2020 at 2:47 AM, janrichmond said:

The parts 1 and 2 of the women's thread have some fun stuff, unfortunately a lot of those posters have left the forums. It's now up to you newer members to grow this thread into something fun, so any questions or subjects you have please feel free to post them here. All are welcome.:slash:

I almost feel embarrassed/ too shy to ask anything as it seems all the answers are to be found in WT 1 and 2:D

However once I figure out how to upload images and how to post properly - I am not the most technologically minded person out there - I will hopefully add to the gossip discussion.  I have been rereading Slash's autobiography with the myriad posts of WT1 in mind and, boy, it makes for one interesting revisit.  There is so much to be gleaned in what he doesn't say!!  Ah my sneaky Slash...  

Sorry for the messed up format of this post ..I am hopeless:mellow:

1 hour ago, AbleSable said:

Well well.  I have to admit I am pretty gullible (not a great trait in cyberspace) - is this why Frey was banned? Haven't made it to WT2 yet!

This is first time that it's been openly said, so don't think you were the only one that didn't know. A lot of the original WT posters will be shocked. 

• Like 2

Am I the only one who's laughing at Slash recent IG post? 

Naked oppai anime girl.... :shocked:

Maybe He is a weeaboo..

:smiley-confused2:

On 9/18/2020 at 4:47 PM, janrichmond said:

@AbleSable @DurhamGirl The parts 1 and 2 of the women's thread have some fun stuff, unfortunately a lot of those posters have left the forums. It's now up to you newer members to grow this thread into something fun, so any questions or subjects you have please feel free to post them here. All are welcome.:slash:

I miss the old Women Thread:unsure:

Edited by SerenityScorp

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter wants to be Circus Baby from Five Nights At Freddys. I find it hilarious that she's eleven and I had to get her an adult Medium costume since she's almost 5'4". They may do something at school, but she isn't trick or treating. My husband broke his leg in January, then again in May. They had to replace the femur and knee with titanium so he isnt able to give out candy and scare everyone this years. The first year he made a teenage girl cry and run away. I'm glad to be taking a break from it all. My doctor put me in a heavy dose of Doxepin and it acts as a sedative to slow your mind down so you can sleep. So I've pretty much been drugged up. I'm going to my general practitioner on the 23rd to get this fixed. I need nerve pain medication that isn't going to make me a zombie.

• Like 1

I don’t like Hallowe’en, my kids love it but it pisses me off because I don’t like wasting money on it not long before Christmas.

It used to be just trick or treating and buying a costume each for that but now my kids want the house decorating inside and out for a week with fake spiders and shit, it’s bollocks.

I will be at work on the actual night so at least I don’t have to answer the door and give away sweets. 

• Like 1