GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

36 minutes ago, alfierose said:

We can post videos from official channels that own the music licensing (this applies to all artists not just GNR). Unfortunately we are being targeted by people who hold a grudge against this forum so every single unofficial video linked gets reported to the RIAA and puts our hosting company under pressure to shut the forum down.

These draconian rules around youtube/ social media content is not our choice as a Mod Team. It's a position we have been forced to to take.

For a longer explanation everyone joining or who hasn't posted in a while please read downzy's announcement that Padme linked above.

Thx for the explanation!

It’s hard to enjoy the conversation in the thread anymore:(

Bring back the old MyGN’R forum! 😭😭😭

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Bring back the old MyGN’R forum! 😭😭😭

It's still the same forum but as Alfie says we are having to have the no vids rule or risk the forum going for good. 

Obviously if vids got sent by PM we wouldn't know as we can't see PMs.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 2/1/2020 at 11:38 PM, janrichmond said:

New year, new thread.

Feel free to discuss GNR and stuff

Usual rules apply. No insults to other users. Be nice :)

Links to previous threads.

Thanks @janrichmond ! Women's thread mark 3, wow!! (love your new sig pics of Slash btw :wub::wub:)

On 2/1/2020 at 11:45 PM, Murielweathers@gmail.com said:

I have a question for either Beta or Fernando. Do you think either of them would reply if I sent them a message on Instagram? I don't want to come off as a obsessive fan or anything.

They might if it's ass-kissy enough. Susan or Meegan are better bets though. They're much better than TB at socmed.

On 2/2/2020 at 4:53 AM, lilacmess said:

In honor of the new 2020 Women's Chat I'm letting out my crazy, unressonable, fun loving, gossip girl. :lol:

Where to begin.... ahh the super crazy... Slaxl is alive...

You girls realize when Slash nowadays talks in interviews about the special chemistry that only happens with this certain combination of people, he's talking about him and Axl, right? 

He repeatedly calls Gn'R his home or his wife and still compares his relationship with Axl to a marriage.

If you catch youtube videos of recent shows (even Miami) you can see lots of back touching. Axl often touches Slash and it looks like he tries to connect or enforce a connection. 

I'm not one of those Slaxl people (Are there any men? Where's @Frey?) who think they are lovers bound for the altar, but I think there's a special chemistry or magic and it shows in th misic and performances.

I have some other crazy thoughts and observations, but save rhem for another day (when the Women's Chat need reanimation). :lol:

I really dug this place. 

Oh P.S.: There seems to be a new fan video on YT of the NITL era. But they're using If The World, so we're not allowed to share here.

Slaxl is absolutely alive, including in the fans!! Many stay quiet about this but Slaxl isn't the number one category on fanfic forums for nothing...;)

On 2/2/2020 at 7:26 AM, EricA said:

Did somebody say Slaxl?:smiley-confused2:

Just look at them. MMM.

• Like 2

I'm in Ireland. Nice to see a few islanders here :lol: Good to meet you @Murielweathers@gmail.com , @DurhamGirl. Hope you stick around and we can get a nice discussion going again.

I'm going to the Dublin show on June 27 :headbang:Golden circle, early entry. Very excited! I might go to another European show too if dates & times work out.

19 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Why did he say you can't go?

Tickets would be $300 each because I'm not paying for the cheap seats I were able to go. We can't afford extras like the hotel. Plus the only friend I have that would go with me is a guy. My husband told me that even if he could get the days off of work he wouldn't go lol. He gets a bit tired of my love of GNR.

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I'm not going to the London shows this year. It's only 30 minutes away but I really don't wanna hear Axl ruin songs for me. 

I'm happy for those that are going though :)

My friend is going to that one. She's the one I had mentioned in the other thread who stupidly signed up for Nightrain. I told her she should've waited because they're probably going to announce a 2nd show, then guess what happened the day after... 2nd show announced! Also her favorite GnR song is SCOM :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Murielweathers@gmail.com said:

Tickets would be $300 each because I'm not paying for the cheap seats I were able to go. We can't afford extras like the hotel. Plus the only friend I have that would go with me is a guy. My husband told me that even if he could get the days off of work he wouldn't go lol. He gets a bit tired of my love of GNR.

Yeah that's a lot. When I went in 2016 I spent $300 on a pair of floor seats. Are the ones you mentioned on the floor or in the pit?

Does he not want you to go with other guys or something?

5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

My friend is going to that one. She's the one I had mentioned in the other thread who stupidly signed up for Nightrain. I told her she should've waited because they're probably going to announce a 2nd show, then guess what happened the day after... 2nd show announced! Also her favorite GnR song is SCOM :facepalm:

Yeah that's a lot. When I went in 2016 I spent $300 on a pair of floor seats. Are the ones you mentioned on the floor or in the pit?

Does he not want you to go with other guys or something?

They would be dugout seat at a stadium. With Cerebral Palsy I couldn't get all the way up to the cheap seats if I wanted to. So I always have to pay extra for better accommodations. My husband doesn't trust the guy. We aren't that close either. He's just a concert buddy pretty much. I'm not typically comfortable around men so that probably pisses my husband off a lot too.

18 minutes ago, Murielweathers@gmail.com said:

They would be dugout seat at a stadium. With Cerebral Palsy I couldn't get all the way up to the cheap seats if I wanted to. So I always have to pay extra for better accommodations. My husband doesn't trust the guy. We aren't that close either. He's just a concert buddy pretty much. I'm not typically comfortable around men so that probably pisses my husband off a lot too.

Oh ok. Well I think there's a lot of people not going so you're not the only one. I don't think we'll be missing out on much.