GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

In some early interviews (late 80s? Early 90s?), Axl mentioned he has weak ankles. He may have this like... since... ever. It's then also about observing some body part/function more. Kind of frequent, to say. 

Axl tore his leg muscle after a jump during rehearsal shows for UYI, so he began the tour in cast/leg brace.

With walking cane, I can't still decide if it was for image or he really needed some support for a while. 

I can imagine how tense must have Axl been to get back onstage reunited after all those years. Body is then more prone to injury and unregulated falls. So, here we go. Weak spot. Happens. (This was shot before the performance)

image.thumb.jpg.68bd6be2756119810af80f3a

Last time Axl tripped over some wet spot while retreating (he dried it afterwards in person). The funniest was that Slash was so much into solo that he noticed nothing, even it happened like a meter and a half behind him. The interesting info (from cartoonist of Loony Tunes) is that those straps are of Axl's pets. So I think it's kind of more of an emotional support than mechanical one. (They just always looked like they are important for Axl. They are not exactly tightly placed, neither designed to support joints anyway...). 

19 hours ago, RochelleRochelle said:

He has a cane at the end of the "Don't Cry" video.  He's always had foot/ankle issues.

Yes he does and i'd totally forgotten about it

16 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Do you all have any thoughts?

I think I should have downloaded it straight away :lol:

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I know, it's so annoying. It was £20 and i thought that's a lot for a kindle book, then when i woke up i'd decided to get it and it was gone

It happened to me with another book, it was available for pre-sale, then at the time it should be regularly sold it was marked as sold out... I didn't know they can be out of e-books... it reappeared with a reasonable price after some time...

Just now, Alja said:

It happened to me with another book, it was available for pre-sale, then at the time it should be regularly sold it was marked as sold out... I didn't know they can be out of e-books... it reappeared with a reasonable price after some time...

I guess someone at Amazon made a mistake with Matt's book, it was only available for a day! 

I'll wait till July and get it

On 4/15/2020 at 6:19 PM, MaskingApathy said:

I just hope he hasn't changed anything in it.

Supposedly they pulled it because the printing company is closed (due to Covid-19) and they wouldn't be able to fulfill orders or do press for it properly. Matt said in a podcast they're now looking at a August/September release. I still don't get why they pulled the kindle version and left the audiobook though?? :question: I want to read what he has to say about NITL/VR, but I'm not desperate enough to listen to the audio book just yet. :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zoot said:

Supposedly they pulled it because the printing company is closed (due to Covid-19) and they wouldn't be able to fulfill orders or do press for it properly. Matt said in a podcast they're now looking at a August/September release. I still don't get why they pulled the kindle version and left the audiobook though?? :question: I want to read what he has to say about NITL/VR, but I'm not desperate enough to listen to the audio book just yet. :lol:

Oh ok. Where is this podcast? On Amazon it says you can pre-order the audiobook version and it'll be available later.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:01 AM, janrichmond said:

I know, it's so annoying. It was £20 and i thought that's a lot for a kindle book, then when i woke up i'd decided to get it and it was gone

Same here. I would have pre-ordered the kindle version if it weren't so expensive (and I guess I'd have it downloaded automatically on the 7th of April). I figured it'd be better if I waited till the price fell, because in no way I'd pay that money for the kindle version of Matt Sorum's book :lol: But when Amazon made the mistake to release it and then remove it, it was very annoying :max:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@Zoot Hey stranger! hope you're well x

Hey! Sorry, to have been so MIA. Life's been a bit hectic to say the least. :lol: I hope you and all the other ladies in the women's thread are well and staying safe out there! :hug:

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:46 AM, EricA said:

He has a new (stage)hat now :slash:

What a joker :slash::lol: Pity we can't see his eyes clearly, I love pics of Slash with no shades or hair in front of his face. 

I'm always surprised to see how much jewellery he and Axl wear in 'normal' life, all those rings and bracelets would irritate the shit out of me. 

Anyone else in mourning for all the cancelled / soon-to-be-cancelled shows?? I have tickets for Dublin and Munich :facepalm: 2020 is basically fucked :violin:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, money honey said:

Anyone else in mourning for all the cancelled / soon-to-be-cancelled shows?? I have tickets for Dublin and Munich :facepalm: 2020 is basically fucked :violin:

^ This, it's not a basically.... it's a completely, totally, all over, fucked up year, at least concert wise:(

Had tickets for 8 concerts (2 Guns shows) :cry:

• Sad 2

I didn’t have much at all lined up for this year concert wise.... I’m kind of done with the ridiculous ticket prices and cost in general for concerts these days. 

I had one stadium show lined up for Green Day but I sold the tickets just before the pandemic started and got the money back. 

The way Ticket Master and Live Nation are handling this whole thing for people who have money tied up in shows is terrible - they really have ruined live events for me, I hate to give them my money. 

• Like 2