Colorize old GNR black and white photos!

59 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

No, he did a Metal Sludge interview without Axl's permission after the 2002 tour and got fired

Is there a source for this? (Not for the interview, but that he was fired because of it).

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

Very cool. But yeah it doesn't get Axl's hair colour. 

kinda looks like Pat Benatar in that Canter's one. 

That cover of CD looks a lot better without the sheen. 

Edited by Ant
9 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Welp, thread got moved to the forum no one looks at and it will die now

It was good while it lasted

Sorry. I left it there for most of the day but really image threads belong in here. I left a link so it will still be viewable from D&N for a few days.

I get the point about other sections not being well used but we can't just use D&N as a deposit for everything either.

Hopefully if it's bumped enough people will spot it. Or add a link to your sig to encourage traffic this way.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It doesn't succeed with Axl's hair colour most of the time, but I guess this is too much to expect from such a thing :) 

Still better than Melissa's hair. I guess they didn't think of blue hair :lol:

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

I’ve been on this forum for over a decade

I didn’t know this subforum existed until 20 minutes ago

Perhaps it doesn’t serve a purpose if it averages 2 posts per month

I'm brand new to this forum but I knew, it has 'Axl you sexy beast' ;)

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

I’ve been on this forum for over a decade

I didn’t know this subforum existed until 20 minutes ago

Perhaps it doesn’t serve a purpose if it averages 2 posts per month

1 hour ago, Zinia_29 said:

I'm brand new to this forum but I knew, it has 'Axl you sexy beast' ;)

It's quiet at the moment but so is most of the forum. The first couple of years of the reunion it was a busy section with a lot of fan postings.

It seems to me the popularity of the section ebbs and flows depending on how many of our female members are posting regularly. That's dropped off recently (see also The GNR Women's Thread). Just an observation but when the forum demographics skew majority male picture threads don't do as well.

Caveat: Some guys like discussing photo's obvs but as a broad generalisation that's how it seems to play out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, alfierose said:

It's quiet at the moment but so is most of the forum. The first couple of years of the reunion it was a busy section with a lot of fan postings.

It seems to me the popularity of the section ebbs and flows depending on how many of our female members are posting regularly. That's dropped off recently (see also The GNR Women's Thread). Just an observation but when the forum demographics skew majority male picture threads don't do as well.

Caveat: Some guys like discussing photo's obvs but as a broad generalisation that's how it seems to play out.

Fantastic tool & thread. 

Of course, popularity of various threads and sub-forums ebbs and flows. That's natural on any forum.

For example I was on the women's thread regularly for maybe two years, only just back now after a long break.

Thanks to the mods and admins who give of their time for free to manage it all for us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2