North American Tour Dates Announced

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm going to see Sebastian Bach play in a small bar next month and it's gonna be a fucking awesome time!

I am going to see Bach April.. Big shows..small shows.. I love em all!  \m/  So far I have tickets for Bach, Alice Cooper/Tesla/Lita Ford, Guns, The Black Crowes and Aerosmith lined up.  Might have to bail out of The Crowes though as it is the day after Guns..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am going to see Bach April.. Big shows..small shows.. I love em all!  \m/  So far I have tickets for Bach, Alice Cooper/Tesla/Lita Ford, Guns, The Black Crowes and Aerosmith lined up.  Might have to bail out of The Crowes though as it is the day after Guns..

I want to see the Alice Cooper/Lita Ford tour but again, I'd have to travel and take time off work... there's a lot of good things about where I live, but live shows isn't one of them :lol:

Plus there's a few other artists that I'm hoping to see this year. My other favourite band, Foxy Shazam, announced that they're reuniting but haven't announced an album or tour yet. Last time I saw them, the VIP tickets were like $35 and regular tickets were $15. If they tour, I'll see as many shows as I can.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I encourage everyone to bail out of that Crowes tour but that's because I'm a huge Steve Gorman fan. 

I encourage everyone to bail out on the Black Crowes because when I went to see them in 2006 I expected a southern rock band and they had morphed into the Black Crowes version of Phish. 

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Wasn't there complaints last time that Nightrain was being used to palm off some of the worst tickets to fans? 

Ticket procedure will be standard, as ever with Ticketmaster: 

-sell worst tickets first, to those that are super-eager (Nightrain members are perfect fodder for this) 

-create an illusion of high demand by not putting up all the best tickets for sale, forcing/encouraging people to buy either tickets they don't want, or to buy at inflated prices

-keep up the idea of it selling really well, while sporadically 'dropping tickets' onto sale up to date of concert. keep best tickets back at higher prices still

-week of concert, drop all the best tickets that haven't sold at the inflated prices back on regular sale

It's a big fucking con, the whole damn Ticketmaster scheme, and it saddens me to see people falling for it time and time again. 

WORD!! This has been the Ticketmaster scheme for many years! I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for posting this! 
I hope people will open their eyes and not fall victim to the ticketBASTARD scam!

For the record, I scored PRIME (5th row lower bowl next to stage) tickets for the Arlington, TX 2016 show on StubHub for $191 each (original price was $280), 8 days before the gig.

I have been following the NITL pricing scheme on Ticketmaster since 2016 and prices always drop like a stone around the day of the show.
Even the overpriced Ceasars Palace Las Vegas 2019 tickets dropped to decent prices in the days leading to each show.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I encourage everyone to bail out on the Black Crowes because when I went to see them in 2006 I expected a southern rock band and they had morphed into the Black Crowes version of Phish. 

Yeah, I can see how a lot of people were turned off by the direction they went. 

37 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I want to see the Alice Cooper/Lita Ford tour but again, I'd have to travel and take time off work... there's a lot of good things about where I live, but live shows isn't one of them :lol:

Plus there's a few other artists that I'm hoping to see this year. My other favourite band, Foxy Shazam, announced that they're reuniting but haven't announced an album or tour yet. Last time I saw them, the VIP tickets were like $35 and regular tickets were $15. If they tour, I'll see as many shows as I can.

Love Foxy Shazam, discovered them through following the Darkness, whom I'm seeing next month. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Wasn't there complaints last time that Nightrain was being used to palm off some of the worst tickets to fans? 

Ticket procedure will be standard, as ever with Ticketmaster: 

-sell worst tickets first, to those that are super-eager (Nightrain members are perfect fodder for this) 

-create an illusion of high demand by not putting up all the best tickets for sale, forcing/encouraging people to buy either tickets they don't want, or to buy at inflated prices

-keep up the idea of it selling really well, while sporadically 'dropping tickets' onto sale up to date of concert. keep best tickets back at higher prices still

-week of concert, drop all the best tickets that haven't sold at the inflated prices back on regular sale

It's a big fucking con, the whole damn Ticketmaster scheme, and it saddens me to see people falling for it time and time again. 

Yes great post.  The TM “game” as I call it.   Problem is every band is in bed with TM to some degree.  Just read Trent Reznors article on it. Hard to put all blame on TM.   

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I encourage everyone to bail out of that Crowes tour but that's because I'm a huge Steve Gorman fan. 

I kinda wish scab crowes opened for GNR! They are playing Buffalo and I guarantee they have sold less than 5,000 tickets. They might even close the lawn and bump people to seats if it sells that poorly. I have no doubt I can get in for $20 and I just might .

All I know is in 2020 bands going on tour better be bringing a fucking spectacle. I mean announced for shows so far Motley Crues mega tour, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Guns N Rose's, Dead and Co, Green Days Hellamega Tour, etc. There are some massive shows hitting alot of the same cities plus every smaller band ever has giant tours this year. People are going to be carefully choosing where to spend money. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stlconcerts said:

All I know is in 2020 bands going on tour better be bringing a fucking spectacle. I mean announced for shows so far Motley Crues mega tour, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Guns N Rose's, Dead and Co, Green Days Hellamega Tour, etc. There are some massive shows hitting alot of the same cities plus every smaller band ever has giant tours this year. People are going to be carefully choosing where to spend money. 

The Eagles.  Bieber. Zach Brown. 

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Very cool that Smashing Pumpkins are opening.

Btw, they are releasing a double album. A few days ago, Billy Corgan posted on IG that there were about 10 more days of recording, that the album will be coming out sometime within 2020 but the exact date and formats haven't been decided yet.

It surely makes one wonder why GnR can't give a simple update like this - if they've been recording and have something to release, that is.

There is simply no reason gnr could not release a double album as well.

Im miffed why gnr could not be open about new music. They were open about it when they were doing the illusion recording sessions.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2020 shaping up to be a big year for concerts. My entertainment budget looking like this:

Tool (new album, A+)

Pearl Jam ( new album)

the Black Crowes ( reunion tour)

Roger Waters ( new show, for real)

Throw in a couple country acts to keep my wife happy, a football game or two, and there you go.

I’m not closing the book on seeing GNR again, but after seeing them four times on NITL, they need to bring something really different and exciting for me to want to go over some of these other acts. 

As far as billing this as an “All New Show” I’m not falling for that again; I spent big-big bucks on tickets, airfare, hotel, and rental car for Vegas Night 1 to see the Big 3 perform together for the first time since ‘93 (Which is how they billed it) only to have the surprise show 8 days earlier. Took some wind outta the sails for me. 

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

What's funny is that I saw Smashing Pumpkins open for GNR in 1991.

They were probably better then than they are now.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

The Black Crowes tour is the epitome of nostalgia reunion cash grab tour. I saw the videos of them playing on Howard Stern with their hired hands and it was like watching some old dad rock band play at the corner bar. I also highly encourage everyone to bail out of that tour.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I had forgotten about Foxy Shazam, used to listen to them in college. This girl I knew back then was really into them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Have you read Gorman's book? It was amazing, and honestly probably the most interesting thing about The Black Crowes to happen in the 21st century haha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rockphantom said:

WORD!! This has been the Ticketmaster scheme for many years! I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for posting this! 
I hope people will open their eyes and not fall victim to the ticketBASTARD scam!

For the record, I scored PRIME (5th row lower bowl next to stage) tickets for the Arlington, TX 2016 show on StubHub for $191 each (original price was $280), 8 days before the gig.

I have been following the NITL pricing scheme on Ticketmaster since 2016 and prices always drop like a stone around the day of the show.
Even the overpriced Ceasars Palace Las Vegas 2019 tickets dropped to decent prices in the days leading to each show.

Haha - I appreciate that! I think this is the first post I've been 'thanked' for, so nice to hear! 

I get so tired of being conned by these people - and seeing others getting conned.