North American Tour Dates Announced

9 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Depends on the band....some bands control the prices for their tickets like Garth Brooks, Pearl Jam, Kid Rock has done this, RATM is doing it for their tour.  But, for GnR I imagine LiveNation is dictating prices and GnR probably have little to no say.

The prices are also dictated by what the bands charge as a fee....so ultimately you could say that the band do set the prices.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Depends on the band....some bands control the prices for their tickets like Garth Brooks, Pearl Jam, Kid Rock has done this, RATM is doing it for their tour.  But, for GnR I imagine LiveNation is dictating prices and GnR probably have little to no say.

Yes and the pearl jam fans were complaining that $103 for any seat in the house was too expensive. 

21 minutes ago, center27j said:

Whole rage tour just sold out in about 20mins - no one is buying tix for this gnr tour. Market is so saturated right now, there will be no demand unless they cut prices by at least 50%. 

It's crazy how many are touring this summer.  Too bad they (promoters/bands) could all be on same page and agree to do half as many this summer and the other half next summer.  At this rate no one will be touring next year.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SonofaGun said:

Going to the Meadowlands show. My sixth G n R show. My first was in 88 when I was 18. This time I am bringing my 17 year old son. I would have never believed it if you told me this in 1988......

I saw them a few times in the early days and on this tour I was able to go with my younger sister who was too young back in the day,  my 2 20 something year old sons and last year at Voodoo Fest, I was able to bring my 15 year old son. 

So glad they got back together all I could have these experiences.   Never would have thought that was possible 5 years ago. 

1 hour ago, center27j said:

Whole rage tour just sold out in about 20mins - no one is buying tix for this gnr tour. Market is so saturated right now, there will be no demand unless they cut prices by at least 50%. 

The scalpers probably bought all the Rage tix up because they knew there would be high demand. Kind of like Guns 2016 tour.  But yes, the market is saturated this summer.  I have 5 shows on deck already.. 

4 hours ago, center27j said:

Second nights being added already to Rage.  They are not my cup of tea but impressive sales.  Not sure what GnR “camp” will do to move product.  Rage is $128 a ticket I see too.  No matter floor or reserved.  Kinda like Springsteen does.  

3 hours ago, Original said:

Second nights being added already to Rage.  They are not my cup of tea but impressive sales.  Not sure what GnR “camp” will do to move product.  Rage is $128 a ticket I see too.  No matter floor or reserved.  Kinda like Springsteen does.  

I waited 1.5 hours today on the TicketMaster website. When I was able to view tickets, I saw the cheapest seat at Madison Square Garden for $256 per ticket which did not include fees. I decided against it and closed the window. Later on I manage to filter tickets for $125 as someone told me on Facebook on how to do so. When I did it, tickets for $125 came up. However, those tickets were in a section for obstructed views. 

A lot of scalpers bought the tickets and they are on Stubhub for $400. Additionally, Rage made a statement this morning that they know there is an issue with scalpers so they are holding off 10% of their tickets for shows. These tickets will be up for sale at a later date with a fee. Those fees will be going to charity. So they are definitely partially to blame for the inflated prices and sales. 

@RussTCB @alfierose

just curious when the NA 2020 tour dates will be added as separate threads. I wasn’t planning on going to the Aug 5th show in SF as it’s my Anniversary and I’ve seen this show 3 times now since 2016. But, then my wife suggested we go with some friends so, you win GnR. I’m paying to see you guys again. If only there was NEW music to listen to...

2 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

@RussTCB @alfierose

just curious when the NA 2020 tour dates will be added as separate threads. I wasn’t planning on going to the Aug 5th show in SF as it’s my Anniversary and I’ve seen this show 3 times now since 2016. But, then my wife suggested we go with some friends so, you win GnR. I’m paying to see you guys again. If only there was NEW music to listen to...

I'm hoping one of us can get to it over the weekend. If not, I should be able to get to it on Monday. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Draguns said:

I waited 1.5 hours today on the TicketMaster website. When I was able to view tickets, I saw the cheapest seat at Madison Square Garden for $256 per ticket which did not include fees. I decided against it and closed the window. Later on I manage to filter tickets for $125 as someone told me on Facebook on how to do so. When I did it, tickets for $125 came up. However, those tickets were in a section for obstructed views. 

A lot of scalpers bought the tickets and they are on Stubhub for $400. Additionally, Rage made a statement this morning that they know there is an issue with scalpers so they are holding off 10% of their tickets for shows. These tickets will be up for sale at a later date with a fee. Those fees will be going to charity. So they are definitely partially to blame for the inflated prices and sales. 

Uh, this isn't exactly true.   I waited 30 minutes for MSG show 1 and it was basically sold out when I got in.  They had two shows originally scheduled at MSG and have since added a third. 

I waited 15 minutes for Alpine Valley and I got two Upper Pavillion seats.  There are still lawn seats for this show and Lower Pavillion seats, which are being sold at the higher price point (the referenced Charity Tickets).  I have been watching Alpine Valley ever sense and the Charity Tickets were released when the Pavillion sold out.  

There are Charity Seats available at most shows (I haven't checked them all).  It appears these were released once the other tickets in that area sold out at the original price point. 

Partly to blame for inflated prices?   Maybe, but I checked for Alpine Valley.  Compared to what I'm seeing on known scalping sites, the Charity tickets are actually cheaper and are premium seats.  You wanna pay a scalper...go ahead, I'd prefer the money go to Charity.   Finally, yes they are to blame for sales b/c they basically sold out a whole tour with added shows at at least six sites thus far (I know at least one more is going to be added) in a matter of hours.  Think that has anything to do with the price point they set the tickets at?  Hmmmmm

12 hours ago, LoadedNightraiN said:

Comparing RATMs first shows in arenas to GNRs 3rd go around in stadiums isn't exactly apples to apples. But yeah GNR promoters will need to figure something out to not lose $$

Pretty sure if LiveNation loses a little bit of money on this leg of Guns non stop tour they'll be alright. 

Edited by tsinindy

11 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Uh, this isn't exactly true.   I waited 30 minutes for MSG show 1 and it was basically sold out when I got in.  They had two shows originally scheduled at MSG and have since added a third. 

I waited 15 minutes for Alpine Valley and I got two Upper Pavillion seats.  There are still lawn seats for this show and Lower Pavillion seats, which are being sold at the higher price point (the referenced Charity Tickets).  I have been watching Alpine Valley ever sense and the Charity Tickets were released when the Pavillion sold out.  

There are Charity Seats available at most shows (I haven't checked them all).  It appears these were released once the other tickets in that area sold out at the original price point. 

Partly to blame for inflated prices?   Maybe, but I checked for Alpine Valley.  Compared to what I'm seeing on known scalping sites, the Charity tickets are actually cheaper and are premium seats.  You wanna pay a scalper...go ahead, I'd prefer the money go to Charity.   Finally, yes they are to blame for sales b/c they basically sold out a whole tour with added shows at at least six sites thus far (I know at least one more is going to be added) in a matter of hours.  Think that has anything to do with the price point they set the tickets at?  Hmmmmm

Pretty sure if LiveNation loses a little bit of money on this leg of Guns non stop tour they'll be alright. 

If you are saying that it's not true with what I said, I guess you were sitting right next to me at work when I logged on to TicketMaster at 11am and waited on the queue while doing work.  This was my experience yesterday along with the expensive prices for the shows. The majority of tickets were bought by scalpers and not actual fans of the band. 

Additionally here is a link from Rolling Stones magazine with an article published today about Rage's plan to issue tickets at a higher price for charity. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rage-against-the-machine-scalpers-reunion-tour-tickets-953247/ I saw the charity ticket go for $500-$700 yesterday.  Furthermore, you can get tickets for $125 if you are willing to sit at an obstructed view for MSG. For two tickets, I'm not willing to pay close to $300 for an obstructed view.  Here's another article as well: https://loudwire.com/fans-pissed-rage-against-the-machine-ticket-prices-scalpers/

Lastly, I  find your comment about Alpine Valley to be hilarious. As a casual fan of RATM, I have no  desire to spend money traveling to Alpine Valley in Wisconsin. I live in the North NJ area.  

Edited by Draguns

11 hours ago, Draguns said:

If you are saying that it's not true with what I said, I guess you were sitting right next to me at work when I logged on to TicketMaster at 11am and waited on the queue while doing work.  This was my experience yesterday along with the expensive prices for the shows. The majority of tickets were bought by scalpers and not actual fans of the band. 

Additionally here is a link from Rolling Stones magazine with an article published today about Rage's plan to issue tickets at a higher price for charity. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rage-against-the-machine-scalpers-reunion-tour-tickets-953247/ I saw the charity ticket go for $500-$700 yesterday.  Furthermore, you can get tickets for $125 if you are willing to sit at an obstructed view for MSG. For two tickets, I'm not willing to pay close to $300 for an obstructed view.  Here's another article as well: https://loudwire.com/fans-pissed-rage-against-the-machine-ticket-prices-scalpers/

Lastly, I  find your comment about Alpine Valley to be hilarious. As a casual fan of RATM, I have no  desire to spend money traveling to Alpine Valley in Wisconsin. I live in the North NJ area.  

I was speaking specifically to the statement, " Those fees will be going to charity. So they are definitely partially to blame for the inflated prices and sales.".    They are wholly to blame for those ticket prices being inflated as that is their agreement with TM and they are wholly to blame for their whole tour selling out in hours basically b/c they set the ticket prices (Unlike Guns where LiveNation is setting the prices).  I should have been more clear.

If you are a casual fan, then stop worrying about it.  But, I'll help you out.  Camden goes on sale in May for RATM, maybe try to get tix there.  All tickets are $125 except 10 Percent that is held back and are released after initial sales and are priced higher with all proceeds going to charity.  Those ticket prices vary at different venues and it seems TM is using dynamic pricing for them as well.  At Alpine Valley (again I reference this venue b/c it is the one I'm tracking), there are about 100 of these tickets available with various price points below $400.

Not really sure what your point was linking articles that are stating what I've said.  Sorry you didn't get tix for MSG, it sold out in about 20 minutes other than the 10 percent allocation of charity tix that went on sale at that point.  Try Camden and good luck. 

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nothing so far, which seems kinda weird. 

Come on Russ, if anyone is gonna know it's you!

Interesting posts on ticket pricing and how tickets  are priced.  My .2 cents, supplu and demand, even many groups you say out for summer concerts, GnR will pull ahead . New music is not impt. and would hurt ticket sales.                   GnR is thee nostalgic tour of those 2 people and Slash and the hits.             568 million tour profits. I think whenever they stop NITL tour because it is really still that, they will reach 600 million.                                                                Have they ever toured Alaska?                                               

16 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I was speaking specifically to the statement, " Those fees will be going to charity. So they are definitely partially to blame for the inflated prices and sales.".    They are wholly to blame for those ticket prices being inflated as that is their agreement with TM and they are wholly to blame for their whole tour selling out in hours basically b/c they set the ticket prices (Unlike Guns where LiveNation is setting the prices).  I should have been more clear.

If you are a casual fan, then stop worrying about it.  But, I'll help you out.  Camden goes on sale in May for RATM, maybe try to get tix there.  All tickets are $125 except 10 Percent that is held back and are released after initial sales and are priced higher with all proceeds going to charity.  Those ticket prices vary at different venues and it seems TM is using dynamic pricing for them as well.  At Alpine Valley (again I reference this venue b/c it is the one I'm tracking), there are about 100 of these tickets available with various price points below $400.

Not really sure what your point was linking articles that are stating what I've said.  Sorry you didn't get tix for MSG, it sold out in about 20 minutes other than the 10 percent allocation of charity tix that went on sale at that point.  Try Camden and good luck. 

Come on Russ, if anyone is gonna know it's you!

No worries dude. I lost interest in seeing them. I think it's great that they want to donate money to charity. However, they should do it with their own money. Not use the fans for their own causes. That bugs me. I've donated my own time and money to causes for people with disabilities. I don't need to fund someone else's charitable contributions. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Draguns said:

No worries dude. I lost interest in seeing them. I think it's great that they want to donate money to charity. However, they should do it with their own money. Not use the fans for their own causes. That bugs me. I've donated my own time and money to causes for people with disabilities. I don't need to fund someone else's charitable contributions. 

Wow, you're a real peach. 

8 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Wow, you're a real peach. 

Was this necessary?! I'm not attacking you whatsoever. Also, if I'm paying a fee for a charity, I want it to go for people with disabilities and not their cause. It's my money....not theirs.

Edited by Draguns
added text
  • Like 1