North American Tour Dates Announced

26 minutes ago, valengf said:

This is gonna take a lot of time, to hear new official songs from this line-up.

I think we should be grateful that at least songs like Locomotive, Dead Horse, You're Crazy are back on the setlist.

We must not expect any miracle. If not, we will definitely be disappointed..

Why is new music a miracle? I was in Vegas for the first two proper shows of this reunion tour back in 2016. Why is it too much to expect to have heard any new music nearly 4 years later? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ManetsBR said:

Dazey, it's absolutely impossible to release music in 2020, haven't you heard the news from Slash? There's just no way to do it. Such an abstract concept, with you know, the internet and all that, really baffles me that some people are doing the effort to solve the impossible enigma. A miracle sounds proper.

Yet the same guy will release a solo and another one with his other band.  Its a MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Original said:

I posted earlier in this thread if it was worth it as I want PIT tix.  Think it's better just to wing it through the regular on sale?? 

I've only gotten pit tickets once through Nightrain, and it was for the second Soldier Field show in Chicago (announced after the first Soldier Field show sold out). So ... you don't have a good chance to get pit with Nightrain. It's still hit or miss, which is a crock of shit. They only set aside x number of tickets for the Nightrain presale. It isn't like you have your early-bird access to any seat in the house.

Just now, guitarpatch said:

Stones making their US Tour announcement today and pretty much overshadowing GNRs initial push. 

Oh... I didn't know that. Would have been huge to have it be a joint tour. Not that the Stones need GNR or anything but it would've been a cool tour. 

Fortunately I don’t think the tour name is actually “Larger than Life”. Seems like it’s just a headline describing how they expect the tour to be. From what I can see on the GNR website the tour is just gonna be called the 2020 stadium tour. Doesn’t come near me anyway so it’s not a hard decision for me to skip this tour unless they actually bring some new music to the table. 

14 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Stones making their US Tour announcement today and pretty much overshadowing GNRs initial push. 

Stones are announcing dates on Thursday.  This reminds me, the concert landscape this year in the US seems so over-saturated with the Stones, Guns, Crue/Lep/Poison, Pearl Jam Spring and fall shows, Rage Reunion.....etc

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Why is new music a miracle? I was in Vegas for the first two proper shows of this reunion tour back in 2016. Why is it too much to expect to have heard any new music nearly 4 years later? 

Because this is GNR.
If this was 2001 you would have expect Chi Dem to a 2004 release at least. Not 2008 as it went down with all the line up changes along the way and especially with Geffen modus operandi at the time.
At least Slash is still around or there would be no more GNR if the reunion did not work out. But it most def did.
New music will come out. I am positive on it.
When? Tottally unpredictable. Can be next year, in 2 years or even 5 years from here.
In the meantime you can jump to a gig if you prefer or not.

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Stones are announcing dates on Thursday.  This reminds me, the concert landscape this year in the US seems so over-saturated with the Stones, Guns, Crue/Lep/Poison, Pearl Jam Spring and fall shows, Rage Reunion.....etc

Matchbox Twenty is touring this summer as well, which will grab some of the nostalgia money going around. 

For real. I don’t know any casual rock music fans that would choose GNR over Motley Crue and Def Leppard especially with the recent Netflix movie. Very crowded market for GNR to try and make a return to stadiums

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

Fortunately I don’t think the tour name is actually “Larger than Life”. Seems like it’s just a headline describing how they expect the tour to be. From what I can see on the GNR website the tour is just gonna be called the 2020 stadium tour. Doesn’t come near me anyway so it’s not a hard decision for me to skip this tour unless they actually bring some new music to the table. 

Yeah, I don't think that's the name of the tour either. 

Welcome to the music business for legacy acts in 2020. It’s the only way to make $ outside of publishing/synch in commercials 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

For real. I don’t know any casual rock music fans that would choose GNR over Motley Crue and Def Leppard especially with the recent Netflix movie. Very crowded market for GNR to try and make a return to stadiums

Frankly, I don't know anyone that would ever choose Motley Crue over Guns N' Roses. You'd be hard-pressed to find many casual fans that know any Motley Crue song.

• GNFNR 3

I think there is a tease there... I hope for new music just in the wording. 

They struggled with arenas near last leg not sure how they would think they would sell stadiums without a carrot 🥕 for us 

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Frankly, I don't know anyone that would ever choose Motley Crue over Guns N' Roses. You'd be hard-pressed to find many casual fans that know any Motley Crue song.

Especially with Vince Neil performances