North American Tour Dates Announced

I’ll wait and see how the tour is going before deciding on Seattle... Saw McCartney in that place (assuming it’s the ball park in Seattle) sound was good.  Alice in Chains would be a welcome opener again.... Seattle gigs are always good... 

Edited by Powderfinger

A lot of negative comments on here about this tour and I can't say I'm overly excited of them doing a 4th run at the US in 4 years. If you look on their social media all the casual fans are excited and tagging their friends.

I guess the lesson is to just become a casual and not nerd out about this band any more.

...I hope they play sweet child o mine this summer

I am guessing Fenway and Wrigley are going to be the only somewhat in demand tickets, both of those places people go for the experience of being in the ballparks in addition to the event

Edited by k12

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I’ll wait and see how the tour is going before deciding on Seattle... Saw McCartney in that place (assuming it’s the ball park in Seattle) sound was good.  Alice in Chains would be a welcome opener again.... Seattle gigs are always good... 

Agree, would love to see Alice In Chains. But I think DuVall has a solo tour this summer.

17 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I'm the only one who wants a Not In This Lifetime... home release? on Blu Ray, DVD and CD?  Troubadour and LA Dodger were filmed. In Dodger he was pretty solid. :-(

I do like the houston 2016 show as well. Loved out ta get me, energy and passion was up there including the rasp.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Dodger stadium was filmed but they fell out with the production company. As well as having a long process with the appetite for democracy dvd.

I think they just see it as more hassle than its worth.  

Realistically, Dodger is the only one that can be released as the show had extra cameras for todays standards.

Edited by Axl_morris

12 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Dodger stadium was filmed but they fell out with the production company. As well as having a long process with the appetite for democracy dvd.

I think they just see it as more hassle than its worth.  

Realistically, Dodger is the only one that can be released as the show had extra cameras for todays standards.

What a total waste of time filming all that footage to then fall out with the production company. What exactly was the fall out about?

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

What a total waste of time filming all that footage to then fall out with the production company. What exactly was the fall out about?

4C4 Media, who filmed Guns N’ Roses’ first reunion show at the Troubadour in April 2016, is not happy with Guns N’ Roses. They said the band wouldn’t hire them to film at Dodger Stadium, and when the cheaper production people they hired screwed up, GNR wanted their help.

They wrote on Vimeo, “thank you…and then when the big money shows came around,,,they didn’t even take our calls and then agreed with tour promoters to use their in house people (always cheap) hired a company for Dodger Stadium who brought in a “FlyPac” to record the show. A FlyPac” is what news outlets use to do live shots from intentional distentions. Occasionally they are used as switchers for multi-camera shoots…3 cameras at most. (Dodger Stadium???? Three cameras..????) The Production company called me when they knew they were in trouble..,it was my time to not pick up the phone, Fuck them.”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

4C4 Media, who filmed Guns N’ Roses’ first reunion show at the Troubadour in April 2016, is not happy with Guns N’ Roses. They said the band wouldn’t hire them to film at Dodger Stadium, and when the cheaper production people they hired screwed up, GNR wanted their help.

They wrote on Vimeo, “thank you…and then when the big money shows came around,,,they didn’t even take our calls and then agreed with tour promoters to use their in house people (always cheap) hired a company for Dodger Stadium who brought in a “FlyPac” to record the show. A FlyPac” is what news outlets use to do live shots from intentional distentions. Occasionally they are used as switchers for multi-camera shoots…3 cameras at most. (Dodger Stadium???? Three cameras..????) The Production company called me when they knew they were in trouble..,it was my time to not pick up the phone, Fuck them.”

Bloody hell. So - 4C4 have filmed the Troubadour shows. The above reads like they didn’t film the Dodger show but another company did?

12 hours ago, PopcornAdler said:

Stage configuration is different on Ticketmaster.  Much wider and pit is much larger......

Sadly a lot of the riser seats in the lower level in Miami were empty.....This could crush GnR if they dont Step up to the Plate and Deliver something relevant to keep the fire going.  Shit play B-sides. Which to us is GOLDEN!

So there were a load of empty seats in an Arena, in Miami a few days before the fucking Superbowl, with a very high-profile support act, and their response is......to announce a massive tour of much bigger Stadiums?! 

Whatever spin you want to put on this ('bigger markets' 'more iconic venues') etc etc, this makes absolutely no business sense WHATSOEVER. The numbers speak for themselves. 

I'm totally at a loss with this decision, in every way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So there were a load of empty seats in an Arena, in Miami a few days before the fucking Superbowl, with a very high-profile support act, and their response is......to announce a massive tour of much bigger Stadiums?! 

Whatever spin you want to put on this ('bigger markets' 'more iconic venues') etc etc, this makes absolutely no business sense WHATSOEVER. The numbers speak for themselves. 

I'm totally at a loss with this decision, in every way.

Isn't it the promoters who book them though? I don't know much about the music business, but I would assume they have some business sense and have thought this through in some way.

Just now, Lio said:

Isn't it the promoters who book them though? I don't know much about the music business, but I would assume they have some business sense and have thought this through in some way.

Well me too.....which puts me further at a loss! 

You look at how the band have been selling in the US - 4 runs now on the same tour through the US. 

First one stadiums- a lot of buzz, reunion etc. 

Second one stadiums - still a lot of demand, hitting new markets

Third one - Arenas as demand is waning, things not selling out

Fourth one - more Arenas as demand continues to wane, nothing sells out 

You look at that, there's a very clear trajectory on where they're going with this. I can't for the life of me figure why any promoter would look at that and say "yeah, next leg needs to be absolutely massive and in massive stadiums". It defies business sense....and you'd think Live Nation would know what they're doing here. 

12 hours ago, PopcornAdler said:

Stage configuration is different on Ticketmaster.  Much wider and pit is much larger......

Sadly a lot of the riser seats in the lower level in Miami were empty.....This could crush GnR if they dont Step up to the Plate and Deliver something relevant to keep the fire going.  Shit play B-sides. Which to us is GOLDEN!

I was trying to get tickets for Miami up until 7:00pm that night, and Stubhub and Ticketmaster had VERY few seats available in the lower level, all over $200. I'm assuming the promoters saved a lot of seats and they were never given out or resellers where not able to sell them for profit. 

I actually talked to a reseller at around 6:30pm and offered him $100 and said he would rather throw the ticket to the trash than to sell it at a loss

37 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Didn’t Caram himself even say that there was no way they’d do a stadium tour in the US again until AFTER they do a new album? Whatever happened to that?

EDIT: sorry, quoted the wrong post!

I'd heard that too.