North American Tour Dates Announced

57 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

He would rather throw it in the trash and be out $200 than sell it and only take a $100 loss? People are fucking stupid sometimes :lol:

That's so dumb, at least he would've gotten $100 back.

You already said that, but still. I completely agree.

8 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Got tickets to Atlanta show. Pit tickets were not available the minute it started, kept refreshing and finally ended up with floor tickets, seated, but on the aisle. $245 each

Bobby-Dodd-Stadium-Map-for-Web2.jpg?_ga=

Which section are you in?

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Well me too.....which puts me further at a loss! 

You look at how the band have been selling in the US - 4 runs now on the same tour through the US. 

First one stadiums- a lot of buzz, reunion etc. 

Second one stadiums - still a lot of demand, hitting new markets

Third one - Arenas as demand is waning, things not selling out

Fourth one - more Arenas as demand continues to wane, nothing sells out 

You look at that, there's a very clear trajectory on where they're going with this. I can't for the life of me figure why any promoter would look at that and say "yeah, next leg needs to be absolutely massive and in massive stadiums". It defies business sense....and you'd think Live Nation would know what they're doing here. 

Who and where says their latest runs haven’t been selling out? 

It really sucks seeing people get good tickets. I am happy for y'all, but have serious FOMO.

I resisted the urge to get buttfucked by GNR again and submit to their awful Nightrain trash. I want pit tickets or nothing, and since it isn't a guarantee with the Nightrain membership, I opted not to sign up this time. I bought two Nightrain memberships in early 2016 because those greedy ass pigs only allowed two tickets per tour leg at the time and there were two Chicago shows. 

Never again. Greedy ass pigs. 

Edited by GnR Chris

33 minutes ago, grogmug said:

Can anyone PM me a Nightrain or Citi presale code? I will owe you one! :) I want to take my ten year old son to his first GN’R concert in Indy.

Let me know if you do or if I can find a way to access a presale password please! 

30 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

It really sucks seeing people get good tickets. I am happy for y'all, but have serious FOMO.

I resisted the urge to get buttfucked by GNR again and submit to their awful Nightrain trash. I want pit tickets or nothing, and since it isn't a guarantee with the Nightrain membership, I opted not to sign up this time. I bought two Nightrain memberships in early 2016 because those greedy ass pigs only allowed two tickets per tour leg at the time and there were two Chicago shows. 

Never again. Greedy ass pigs. 

Best way to get pit tickets always seems to be the week of the concert, when Ticketmaster stop trying to pretend they're 'unavailable' to create the illusion of false demand to feed their own touting practices and make them all available again. 

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Absolutely ludicrous that gigs would be filmed and left to rot. What a waste of time, effort and money. 😖

That's been the case since the Illusion tour really......

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Best way to get pit tickets always seems to be the week of the concert, when Ticketmaster stop trying to pretend they're 'unavailable' to create the illusion of false demand to feed their own touting practices and make them all available again. 

That's been the case since the Illusion tour really......

Oh I know - Perfect Crime etc. At least back then the dysfunction of the band could be blamed. Now, it’s more like shoddy management as opposed to anything.

Just now, DTJ80 said:

Oh I know - Perfect Crime etc. At least back then the dysfunction of the band could be blamed. Now, it’s more like shoddy management as opposed to anything.

I'll never cease to be amazed at the amount of money this band could have made from me over the years, but actively choose not to! 

I find it quite amusing to think of it like going to a furniture shop because you want a new sofa, and them never selling you a sofa, so you just go home and continue to use your old one and keep hold of your money! 

9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Absolutely ludicrous that gigs would be filmed and left to rot. What a waste of time, effort and money. 😖

There's a whole vault of GnR gigs that have been pro-shot and havent' seen the light of day from the very beginning of the band until now.

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I'll never cease to be amazed at the amount of money this band could have made from me over the years, but actively choose not to! 

I find it quite amusing to think of it like going to a furniture shop because you want a new sofa, and them never selling you a sofa, so you just go home and continue to use your old one and keep hold of your money! 

😂

7 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

I ended up getting four tickets to Detroit.  Section 117.  Can’t do put with young ones. 

How much are they charging for these dates? 

Edit: apologies, looked at posts above and answered my own question. 

$250 dollars for anything on the floor seems....very very pricey! 

Edited by allwaystired

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

There's a whole vault of GnR gigs that have been pro-shot and havent' seen the light of day from the very beginning of the band until now.

Oh I know. Particularly Illusion era but had hoped the reunion/being older etc would have seen these newer gigs released at least. Didn’t bank on TB tho if the story for the production company is true.

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Management has little to do with that. The band wants to get paid. Blame them and Live Nation. 

Let me let you in on something. Alan Niven, Doug Goldstein and even the great Irving Azoff are just as shoddy. It’s the music business. They make a living off of other individuals talent. The great ones find a way to make you smile and take advantage of you on multiple levels  

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Management has little to do with that. The band wants to get paid. Blame them and Live Nation. 

Let me let you in on something. Alan Niven, Doug Goldstein and even the great Irving Azoff are just as shoddy. It’s the music business. They make a living off of other individuals talent. The great ones find a way to make you smile and take advantage of you on multiple levels  

The weird bit comes though when you know all that....but they don't seem to want it. 

I know I'm a consumer, I know I buy into things, this is my favourite band. I don't feel that if a product is made that I want I'm really being advantage of. My money is essentially there for the taking.....but they don't want it. That's pretty odd. I've spent WAY more on bands/music I like half as much as GNR! 

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The weird bit comes though when you know all that....but they don't seem to want it. 

I know I'm a consumer, I know I buy into things, this is my favourite band. I don't feel that if a product is made that I want I'm really being advantage of. My money is essentially there for the taking.....but they don't want it. That's pretty odd. I've spent WAY more on bands/music I like half as much as GNR! 

Except the band doesn’t really get paid in that instance. Especially when compared to playing live shows. The labels, production companies, and such make the majority off of it.

If they release anything, it will because they want to or it’s to put butts in seats. There’s really no direct financial gain. Not until they have their own label 

They make more off of one night of merch sales, then they would off of any album/blu ray release in 2020 

Edited by guitarpatch