Jump to content

North American Tour Dates Announced


Recommended Posts

I got 2 floor seats to Nationals Park.  Section 9, front row on Slash’s side. I saw them in DC back in 2016 but I don’t remember too much of it (damn alcohol) so that’s the main reason I’m going this time around, plus I’m sure I’ll have a blast.  After this one though, I probably won’t see them for a while unless they put out some new shit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dazey, it's absolutely impossible to release music in 2020, haven't you heard the news from Slash? There's just no way to do it. Such an abstract concept, with you know, the internet and all that, rea

For anyone who wants it, the Live Nation pre-sale is Thursday at 10am local time.  The password is SOLO.    Please, please, please do NOT waste money on Nightrain

What? The Stones are in another stratosphere. They released highly relevant music through most of the 60's all the 70's and early 80's and have a catalog of almost 450 songs.  They have had close

Posted Images

On 2/3/2020 at 6:23 PM, lame ass security said:

So, are you going?

Lol no, gonna sit this one out, unless there’s so major setlist shakeup, new music, or Izzy (lol I k ow, not happening). Didn’t go to the show when they came back to Detroit last year (or was it the year before?) because it was the exact show I saw in 2016. This will be the third show in 4 years at the same arena, and likely will be the same setlist as the last 2. Gonna opt for Billy Joel the night after gnr plays in Detroit instead. 

Edited by YourMother'sDruthers
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Lol no, gonna sit this one out, unless there’s so major setlist shakeup, new music, or Izzy (lol I k ow, not happening). Didn’t go to the show when they came back to Detroit last year (or was it the year before?) because it was the exact show I saw in 2016. This will be the third show in 4 years at the same arena, and likely will be the same setlist as the last 2. Gonna opt for Billy Joel the night after gnr plays in Detroit instead. 

Cool, I was just messing with you.😊  Don't blame you for skipping and going to the Billy Joel show.  Hey, maybe Axl will stick around and do Highway To Hell again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone explain why the band's messaging is inconsistent with LiveNation's? Why does LiveNation call it the Larger Than Life tour while Guns N' Roses simply calls it the 2020 tour? I know it's probably a case of shit marketing (nothing new on GNR's part), but one would think they could get something so simple correct...

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Can anyone explain why the band's messaging is inconsistent with LiveNation's? Why does LiveNation call it the Larger Than Life tour while Guns N' Roses simply calls it the 2020 tour? I know it's probably a case of shit marketing (nothing new on GNR's part), but one would think they could get something so simple correct...

Do they though? On the live nation website I read it as the larger-than-life stadium tour. On the gnr website too. So just as an adjective, not the name of the tour. Might be wrong, I just hope that's not the name of the tour as I think it's cringy as hell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Do they though? On the live nation website I read it as the larger-than-life stadium tour. On the gnr website too. So just as an adjective, not the name of the tour. Might be wrong, I just hope that's not the name of the tour as I think it's cringy as hell.

I think you're right. It was just a fancy headline, but since it's written in capitals on their web (making it unclear whether it's a name or what), the media assumed it was a name and adopted it. Is the way I see it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Which is probably just the one or two songs they threw in at the handful of October shows they did last year.

Ok. Good! I’d love to see locomotive, dead horse, or you’re crazy. Plus I haven’t seen shadow of your love yet.

so what’s your point here? They need to play different songs, but when they play different songs, let’s complain about the different songs they play? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked at some of the pricing for the Minneapolis show (Target Field) and  I now see why they added "Your Crazy," to the set list. $700 a piece just to be in the same county and floor tickets were in the $1400- $1500 range.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Somebody needs to do an audio dub on the clip of Axl saying "not in this lifetime" and change the reporter's question to, "when is the reunion tour going to end?"

Reporter: "When is the reunion tour going to end?"

Axl: "Well, it’s larger than life."

Reporter: "So..."

Axl: "So not in this lifetime!"

Reporter: "But –"

Axl: "But we’re gonna start looking very seriously at what we’re doing in that regard."

Reporter: "Uh, ok. I’ve also heard that you’ve been only speaking in phrases and your own quotes recently. Is that true?"

Axl (talking to Nando): "Get that guy out of here! That guy right there!"

Reporter: "But what about the new record –"

Axl: "It’s in my ass, that’s where it is! Fuckhead, go home!"

-- A crack is heard, and the recording ends here. --

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

I just looked at some of the pricing for the Minneapolis show (Target Field) and  I now see why they added "Your Crazy," to the set list. $700 a piece just to be in the same county and floor tickets were in the $1400- $1500 range.

No- PIT are $250.  Floor are all $270 each unless you go package route.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Ok. Good! I’d love to see locomotive, dead horse, or you’re crazy. Plus I haven’t seen shadow of your love yet.

so what’s your point here? They need to play different songs, but when they play different songs, let’s complain about the different songs they play? 

Seriously. I haven't seen any of those four songs or Slither for that matter.  I would be STOKED to see all of them. I looked at the setlist of the last show I went to. There were ELEVEN songs played that night that weren't played in Miami and 4 songs played in Miami that weren't played that night.  That is a bigger swing than most bands out there.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously. I haven't seen any of those four songs or Slither for that matter.  I would be STOKED to see all of them. I looked at the setlist of the last show I went to. There were ELEVEN songs played that night that weren't played in Miami and 4 songs played in Miami that weren't played that night.  That is a bigger swing than most bands out there.

Exactly, so why don’t the other hardcore fans here see that? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Exactly, so why don’t the other hardcore fans here see that? 

I don't get why so called hardcaore fans feel they have to be hardcore critical all the fucking time.  Tell ya right now, this miracle of new music they have going on in their head is not going to stand a chance with them when it does come out.  It's fashionable to be a GNR critic.  There's lots going on and information slipping out, wait for it.  But not with the "hardcore fan" that's a beast whose appetite to self destruct is about to go over the edge. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish Guns didn’t have to lie with this “all new show” bullshit. I get that they’re a corporate entity and a nostalgia act now but false advertising is a legitimate crime that goes beyond just being morally wrong.

And before anyone says Miami may not have been the all new show, they changed the screens and the order of the set and threw in another song so I guarentee this is what they’ll pas off as all new. If it really isn’t I still blame Guns, this is their fault for always being so damn vague and never giving any answers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just wish Guns didn’t have to lie with this “all new show” bullshit. I get that they’re a corporate entity and a nostalgia act now but false advertising is a legitimate crime that goes beyond just being morally wrong.

And before anyone says Miami may not have been the all new show, they changed the screens and the order of the set and threw in another song so I guarentee this is what they’ll pas off as all new. If it really isn’t I still blame Guns, this is their fault for always being so damn vague and never giving any answers.

Excuse me, but did you not see the giant curved screen?? 

 

ALL NEW SHOW! 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...