North American Tour Dates Announced

THIS IS BORING! i want to sell my tickets. Lame tour. It's so sad when your favorite artist tells you with every letter in the alphabet that he no longer has creativity to put out music or do anything remotely interesting. All they have energy to do is play the old hits and the exact same show. From world's most dangerous to world's lamest band. BAH. 

• GNFNR 2

They downright misled fans into thinking new music was next and that, somehow, this tour would coincide with that.  Now it's "finger's crossed".  Fuck that.

Folks, if you haven't already, don't buy tickets to this boring farce.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

THIS IS BORING! i want to sell my tickets. Lame tour. It's so sad when your favorite artist tells you with every letter in the alphabet that he no longer has creativity to put out music or do anything remotely interesting. All they have energy to do is play the old hits and the exact same show. From world's most dangerous to world's lamest band. BAH. 

Why did you support them by buying tickets? Especially at these prices!

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I live about 15-20 minutes from Comerica Park, which is about a $15 Uber ride, so my plan for this tour is as follows:

Sit around my basement listening to bands that actually release music and having a few drinks up til show time. Then I'm going to check Stubhub and (more than likely) get tickets easily for $50 or less. 

If/when I score the cheap tickets, I'll grab an Uber and head down. On the off and very unlikely chance that I can't get tickets that cheap, I'll just continue to hang out in my basement which is every bit as cool or more cool than a GNR show :axl:

Solid plan.  May do something similar with the Wrigley show since I only live 10 mins away.  

As of today, as a GNR fan, I'm straight up pissed.  This whole thing reeks of "Yeah, we know we said new music was next on the agenda, but while we're figuring that out please pay our rich asses $600 for a show you've seen many times over." No thanks fellas.

• GNFNR 1

I did think that cheap tickets might have sold these stadiums, attracted a few people back that had seen the tour before....but that's not the case. 

I'm so tired of the "oh, look what others charge, so-and-so charges even more, it's all market-value, they'll charge what people will pay" etc etc. 

I absolutely wouldn't think this stadium run was so absurd if tickets were really cheap. 

I can't believe it's gotten to the point where Axl and Slash are back together and playing music and people are upset because they're touring "too much."

I'm not to the point where I won't attend the shows because I love GNR and nothing lasts forever. I wanna go as much as possible to see 'em live.

However, yes, I am more discourage now than I have been in a long time in regards to the future of the band.

But no joke, we're in the minority. You go to most "fan" groups and see fans don't give a shit about new music. It's disheartening. Some will straight up tell you they don't want new music because it will interfere with the hits they play live.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I can't believe it's gotten to the point where Axl and Slash are back together and playing music and people are upset because they're touring "too much."

I think it more has to do with how Team Brazil have allowed things to progress.  And let's not forget, I think many of us are still suffering from Fan-PTSD from the Chi Dem era.  That we see GNR steadily slipping into the same pit-falls that era suffered from when, now with Slash and Duff back, they have no reason to, is a bitter pill to swallow.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I'm not to the point where I won't attend the shows because I love GNR and nothing lasts forever. I wanna go as much as possible to see 'em live.

However, yes, I am more discourage now than I have been in a long time in regards to the future of the band.

But no joke, we're in the minority. You go to most "fan" groups and see fans don't give a shit about new music. It's disheartening. Some will straight up tell you they don't want new music because it will interfere with the hits they play live.

I hear ya, I really do. For me, it's a combination too many things that leaves me disappointed with them. 

I'd love to hear new music, but it's not just about that for me. Axl continuing to never care about properly preparing for shows, together their refusal to really shake up the shows. Add on top of that the ridiculous ticket prices with the cherry on top being lack of new music. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Some people see it like a visit from the parents/in-laws. You love them, and it's great to see them......but it becomes a pain in the arse if they're dropping round every Saturday night to tell you the same stories! 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Some people see it like a visit from the parents/in-laws. You love them, and it's great to see them......but it becomes a pain in the arse if they're dropping round every Saturday night to tell you the same stories! 

Thank you! THIS is the best way to explain this to the "casuals" :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I don't get why so called hardcaore fans feel they have to be hardcore critical all the fucking time.  Tell ya right now, this miracle of new music they have going on in their head is not going to stand a chance with them when it does come out.  It's fashionable to be a GNR critic.  There's lots going on and information slipping out, wait for it.  But not with the "hardcore fan" that's a beast whose appetite to self destruct is about to go over the edge. 

I don't get it too.

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I hear ya, I really do. For me, it's a combination too many things that leaves me disappointed with them. 

I'd love to hear new music, but it's not just about that for me. Axl continuing to never care about properly preparing for shows, together their refusal to really shake up the shows. Add on top of that the ridiculous ticket prices with the cherry on top being lack of new music. 

about ticket prices: how did ticket prices increase compared to the last concert you went to? Yes, prices are high ..unfortunately. For me, the differences between last show and upcoming is small.

about Axl's never preparing to the shows and no new music.     You know, it's rather nothing new. we have been waiting for many years for CHD; the opinion about Axl has always been rather that he "entered the concert on the march", without rehearsals etc. and yet you are with this band. What is still holding you? if they let you down?Tthis is not a mean question. I'm curious about your opinion, if you could share. :)

Edited by Politania

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I don't get why so called hardcaore fans feel they have to be hardcore critical all the fucking time.  Tell ya right now, this miracle of new music they have going on in their head is not going to stand a chance with them when it does come out.  It's fashionable to be a GNR critic.  There's lots going on and information slipping out, wait for it.  But not with the "hardcore fan" that's a beast whose appetite to self destruct is about to go over the edge. 

It is because hardcore fans are bummed that GNR has a hardcore inability to release more then one album in two decades, and hardcore is doing the bare minimum with changes to their show so they can hardcore rake in the cash from the non hardcore fans who don't care.

7 minutes ago, Politania said:

about ticket prices: how did ticket prices increase compared to the last concert you went to? Yes, prices are high ..unfortunately. For me, the differences between last show and upcoming is small.

about Axl's never preparing to the shows and no new music.     You know, it's rather nothing new. we have been waiting for many years for CHD; the opinion about Axl has always been rather that he "entered the concert on the march", without rehearsals etc. and yet you are with this band. What is still holding you? if they let you down?Tthis is not a mean question. I'm curious about your opinion, if you could share. :)

I get what you're saying, but for me I'm just over it so to speak. Just because the ticket prices have been high in the past and Axl's never cared to prep, doesn't mean that I have to keep paying for it, ya know? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Why did you support them by buying tickets? Especially at these prices!

well because they promised a new show and were alluding to new songs. I'm a fan of this band but there's only so much one can take. Saw them twice before on the NITL tour and it was great, but i've seen that show. I don't need it again. And i've been waiting for chinese democracy 2 for ages. Guess there's nothing there either. If it wasn't for the leakers we'd be screwed. 

16 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

well because they promised a new show and were alluding to new songs. I'm a fan of this band but there's only so much one can take. Saw them twice before on the NITL tour and it was great, but i've seen that show. I don't need it again. And i've been waiting for chinese democracy 2 for ages. Guess there's nothing there either. If it wasn't for the leakers we'd be screwed. 

But you still bought the tickets just, what, yesterday? What has changed since yesterday that you now want to sell them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have released 1 album since 1993, and if it was up to Axl CD probably would still be sitting on a shelf somewhere.

That anyone in the GNR universe (be it fans, the band, management or whoever)  would dare so much as even say a word about those who are frustrated that their favorite band has managed to release only 1 album in 27 years  (you read that right......27 years) is beyond comprehension.

We are coming up on 30 years now since we've gotten any new original material with Axl/Slash/Duff on it, but some how Axl/TB don't seem to get why there is the hostility there is about the refusal of the band to release music from a line-up that is the only reason they are a financially viable business at this point.

This won't be able to continue on forever as Slash will move on at some  point after he is done refilling the coffers post divorce.

Frankly I pity Axl at this point as the 1991 version of himself would think the 2020 version is the world's biggest loser for what he has allowed himself to become considering what he once stood for.

There is a special place in hell reserved for TB and what they have  done to this man and his career.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, yourcrazy said:

Yeah it’s a little pricey but anymore they all seem expensive especially the $45 in fees 

Yeah, it's the damn extra fees that get you. And you don't know how much they are until you check out.

I don't like being on the floor so I'm hoping for the lower level. I paid over $250 the last time GNR came to play A T&T stadium, but the new Ranger stadium is smaller. I'm sure the prices will be the same since it's a new stadium and someone has to pay for it!

Pre sale is tomorrow. I will check the seats tomorrow and if I can't get what I want, I'll wait until Friday.

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

It is because hardcore fans are bummed that GNR has a hardcore inability to release more then one album in two decades, and hardcore is doing the bare minimum with changes to their show so they can hardcore rake in the cash from the non hardcore fans who don't care.

"Hardcore" hasn't left yet so I assume they are having a good time with the way things are.  However one enjoys their GNR and keeps you coming back.