Jump to content

North American Tour Dates Announced


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dazey, it's absolutely impossible to release music in 2020, haven't you heard the news from Slash? There's just no way to do it. Such an abstract concept, with you know, the internet and all that, rea

For anyone who wants it, the Live Nation pre-sale is Thursday at 10am local time.  The password is SOLO.    Please, please, please do NOT waste money on Nightrain

What? The Stones are in another stratosphere. They released highly relevant music through most of the 60's all the 70's and early 80's and have a catalog of almost 450 songs.  They have had close

Posted Images

5 hours ago, sofine11 said:

It's $600 for pair of tickets in a decent area.  Think about what else you could do with $600.  A lot.

Yes, you could buy a BRAND NEW Playstation FIVE next November and have $$$ left over!! :headbang:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I live about 15-20 minutes from Comerica Park, which is about a $15 Uber ride, so my plan for this tour is as follows:

Sit around my basement listening to bands that actually release music and having a few drinks up til show time. Then I'm going to check Stubhub and (more than likely) get tickets easily for $50 or less. 

If/when I score the cheap tickets, I'll grab an Uber and head down. On the off and very unlikely chance that I can't get tickets that cheap, I'll just continue to hang out in my basement which is every bit as cool or more cool than a GNR show :axl:

That's a good plan. Very convenient since you live close by.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, The Matinator said:

You're telling me, I know we're not the biggest rock & metal city but even Ghost just headlined an arena show here.

I live in Austin (which is kinda Portland SW) and even we got a show (two actually both ACL weekends) They should have booked a date at that cool soccer stadium y’all have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Excuse me, but did you not see the giant curved screen?? 

 

ALL NEW SHOW! 

No offense guys but the tour hasn't even started yet.  I don't think they advertised Miami as an all new show. It seemed more like a one off.  The tour doesn't start for a month and a half. Maybe they don't want to give anything away.  Maybe they are still working on ideas. I could be wrong but that is still a very good possibility.  Will it be what everyone hopes and dreams for? Probably not.. People will still complain about it but it might be cool.

BTW, I think that screen is pretty BAD ASS and they plan on using it for more than the leftover cheesy stuff they used for NITL. Could still be working on that as well. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Politania said:

how did ticket prices increase compared to the last concert you went to?

I paid $308 (fees included) for tickets in Foxboro 2016. My Fenway tickets right about the same distance from the stage cost me $235 (fees included). That is high but cheaper at least.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, center27j said:

Agreed, i grabbed 4 for Wrigley in the pit. If 5 yrs ago people on this board wouldve known gnr was going to tour for 3 yrs straight there wouldve been absolute pandemonium.  Now people are actually mad the band is playing in their city “again”. Ridiculous. 

Yup.  By showtime it will be almost 3 years since they came to Boston which is a major market.  It isn't like they played here last week, last year or even two years ago. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, it's very simple. GNR is my all-time favourite band, I've seen them 12 times in the last 10 years. I realize Axl is nearing 60 and is limited in how well he can perform certain songs. But why the hell would I pay ridiculously high ticket prices, to see the worst version of the same show I saw in 2016-17?

But if they perform new music, I'll buy a ticket faster than you can say "Hardschool". I don't even really care if the performances suck, or if the new songs aren't that good, just fucking change it up and give me a reason to care about what the band is doing in 2020. Hearing sloppy performances of You're Crazy and Dead Horse just doesn't interest me.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

I live in Austin (which is kinda Portland SW) and even we got a show (two actually both ACL weekends) They should have booked a date at that cool soccer stadium y’all have. 

I agree, Slash has played here a bunch & Duff came through on his last tour so i don't know what the deal is. Even Adler's played here in the past Decade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been thinking about this tour and purpose after buying Metlife tickets (this will be my 6th show since 2016). It’s sucks to see how negative everyone is, although I get it and agree with you all in principle. 
 

That said, this whole scenario is a fucking shame. Someone said it best earlier - what a waste of talent and opportunity these last 27 years. Not just Axl was impacted - rest of the band didn't get a chance to live up to their potential and we missed out on some awesome music. 
 

I still hope Axl will right this ship and these wrongs. Until then, I am still a fan and am happy to get a chance to see them again - warts and all. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, center27j said:

Agreed, i grabbed 4 for Wrigley in the pit. If 5 yrs ago people on this board wouldve known gnr was going to tour for 3 yrs straight there wouldve been absolute pandemonium.  Now people are actually mad the band is playing in their city “again”. Ridiculous. 

It's less about the band playing in the same cities, and more about the band doing so with very little diversity. If you attended a 2016 show and the Miami show, you would barely be able to tell the difference. A few different songs... wow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

No offense guys but the tour hasn't even started yet.  I don't think they advertised Miami as an all new show. It seemed more like a one off.  The tour doesn't start for a month and a half. Maybe they don't want to give anything away.  Maybe they are still working on ideas. I could be wrong but that is still a very good possibility.  Will it be what everyone hopes and dreams for? Probably not.. People will still complain about it but it might be cool.

BTW, I think that screen is pretty BAD ASS and they plan on using it for more than the leftover cheesy stuff they used for NITL. Could still be working on that as well. 

This has been my thought process too.  If it is a new show why give it away before the tour actually starts.  It was clearly just a one off thing in Miami.

 

All the negativity around here keeps me away for the most part, all I know is I got two seats in the hall of fame club at Citizen's Bank Park in Philly and I am seeing my favorite band for the first time in 3 years this summer at one of my favorite places to be (huge Phillies fan here).  If they play a set that is mostly the same as of 2017 they do, and if they have a new show with a few new songs then it is a huge bonus.  Either way it is going to be one of the best nights of my 2020 and I can't wait.  Rock on guys.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

This has been my thought process too.  If it is a new show why give it away before the tour actually starts.  It was clearly just a one off thing in Miami.

 

All the negativity around here keeps me away for the most part, all I know is I got two seats in the hall of fame club at Citizen's Bank Park in Philly and I am seeing my favorite band for the first time in 3 years this summer at one of my favorite places to be (huge Phillies fan here).  If they play a set that is mostly the same as of 2017 they do, and if they have a new show with a few new songs then it is a huge bonus.  Either way it is going to be one of the best nights of my 2020 and I can't wait.  Rock on guys.

You probably might want to stay away if they play the same setlist in March then, as I can't imagine that it will usher in a groundswell of positivity.....

"If it is a new show why give it away before the tour actually starts?" - do you really need that answering? It's not exactly good business practice to give fans a reason not to buy tickets! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw NITL three times.. Always bought tickets beforehand for full price. Obviously given no new music and paying for my wedding I can’t justify that this go-round. 
 

My question is: Are the odds decent to get cheap last minute tickets? Looking to go to Atlanta, but no way am I paying full price again. How has it worked out for y’all?

Edited by MattyIce3924
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MattyIce3924 said:

Saw NITL three times.. Always bought tickets beforehand for full price. Obviously given no new music and paying for my wedding I can’t justify that this go-round. 
 

My question is: Are the odds decent to get cheap last minute tickets? Looking to go to Atlanta, but no way am I paying full price again. How has it worked out for y’all?

@subtle signs goes to concerts all of the time, and has had huge success getting tickets last minute at face value or under. I've personally tried it, but thinking about it. If I don't get in? Ah well

EDIT: Thought i could tag a user. Guess not

Edited by LoadedNightraiN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...