North American Tour Dates Announced

what are the odds they cancel this tour if they realize the sales are not good enough, you usually get a good feel of the sales by the pre-sales and it is selling absolute garbagely, really think they overestimated themselves, they are going to need alot of buzz and a opener who makes people want to come in order to help sell the tickets, I am not sure if they are planning a new album or not but alot of artists giveaway a free CD with a ticket nowadays and I think that would go a long way in helping sales, but they are going to need to do something to have a buzz, make a few appearances on the late night circuits including Saturday Night Live, if they think they are just going to sit on their asses and the fans are going to flock like they have the last couple of years I think they are in for an awakening

Just now, RussTCB said:

I know. It's not something I'm happy about, that's for sure. I'm definitely content, just not happy about the situation. 

Exactly.  I'm oddly bummed with how little I care.  110% I would have been swept up in the excitement of single and album announcement going with these dates and bought the best tickets I could at 10am on Tuesday.  But this? I just can't be bothered to care even a little.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I saw the presale was happening and I decided to go with a happy medium - snagging two of not the most expensive tickets, but cheap enough ones where hey at least it will be a fun night out seeing Axl, Slash, and Duff but not so expensive where I feel cheated if it is the same show I saw before overall

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I saw the presale was happening and I decided to go with a happy medium - snagging two of not the most expensive tickets, but cheap enough ones where hey at least it will be a fun night out seeing Axl, Slash, and Duff but not so expensive where I feel cheated if it is the same show I saw before overall

I've done the same.  :) Besides it, this time I  won't have to drive  half country to see them, as last two times. June's show will be 30 mins by car, from the place where I live.  :thumbsup:It's so good lol:P

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, k12 said:

what are the odds they cancel this tour if they realize the sales are not good enough, you usually get a good feel of the sales by the pre-sales and it is selling absolute garbagely, really think they overestimated themselves, they are going to need alot of buzz and a opener who makes people want to come in order to help sell the tickets, I am not sure if they are planning a new album or not but alot of artists giveaway a free CD with a ticket nowadays and I think that would go a long way in helping sales, but they are going to need to do something to have a buzz, make a few appearances on the late night circuits including Saturday Night Live, if they think they are just going to sit on their asses and the fans are going to flock like they have the last couple of years I think they are in for an awakening

I think it's more likely we'll see loads of offers along the lines of 'buy one get one free' in the build up.

If they can't fill Arenas, they're not going to get anywhere near filling stadiums unless they have an ace up their sleeves.....but if they do, I can't see why they didn't play it when they announced and  advertised the tour. 

Super scored some tickets on the lower level right beside the stage in Seattle. This will be show 18 of GNR for me.

Part of me doesn't want to pay the travel, hotel and ticket costs to hear Axl's nasally old lady voice BUT like someone else said Axl's almost 60 not sure how many more times in this lifetime I'll get to see GNR again. And when you are there and the music loud and songs are great... you get in the moment and overlook a few things.

Rock on!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tkarmy said:

Super scored some tickets on the lower level right beside the stage in Seattle. This will be show 18 of GNR for me.

Part of me doesn't want to pay the travel, hotel and ticket costs to hear Axl's nasally old lady voice BUT like someone else said Axl's almost 60 not sure how many more times in this lifetime I'll get to see GNR again. And when you are there and the music loud and songs are great... you get in the moment and overlook a few things.

Rock on!

oh man, you have no idea how many times it crossed my mind. :(

7 minutes ago, tkarmy said:

Rock on!

The way things are going you'll probably have many, many more chances to see GNR again! 

The 'oh this may be the last time' line is what's propping up the live music industry these days - seems to be the reason most people go to gigs now! 

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think it's more likely we'll see loads of offers along the lines of 'buy one get one free' in the build up.

If they can't fill Arenas, they're not going to get anywhere near filling stadiums unless they have an ace up their sleeves.....but if they do, I can't see why they didn't play it when they announced and  advertised the tour. 

Yep. Or like in 2011 when they threw a bunch of tickets at fucking Groupon to help fill seats. 

1 hour ago, k12 said:

How do you know it is "selling garbagely"?

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yep. Or like in 2011 when they threw a bunch of tickets at fucking Groupon to help fill seats. 

I got free ones for that tour, yeah. They were handing them out to anyone that wanted them.....the irony was though that I actually tried to buy a standing ticket when they were released but they were 'sold out'! 

Few months down the line I'm being offered my choice of standing or the best seats in the house absolutely free. They'd kept them from sale to create the illusion of demand.....then realised the Arena would be half empty!  

Ticket agency games are fucking absurd. 

• Like 3

This may be the closest I've ever been in my 20+ years of being a fan to rooting for the band to fall on it's face. I'm not quite there yet...But I'm close. You can only ignore and mistreat the fans for so long before karma rears it's head.

• Like 1

They definitely won't cancel the tour. If they ticket sales remain poor, they'll just paper the fuck out of each show. 

Also, remember that they're not really on sale to the general public yet. We'll know a lot more about how ticket sales are looking by tomorrow afternoon / evening. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

They definitely won't cancel the tour. If they ticket sales remain poor, they'll just paper the fuck out of each show. 

Also, remember that they're not really on sale to the general public yet. We'll know a lot more about how ticket sales are looking by tomorrow afternoon / evening. 

Yep - drafting in big name supports as well will be important (Snoop Dogg must have been an attempt to do that with Miami). 

It's difficult to actually tell though, even when they go on sale. Ticketmaster will want you to think it's selling really fast and you need to GO GO GO with your ticket purchase. 

• Like 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

Yep - drafting in big name supports as well will be important (Snoop Dogg must have been an attempt to do that with Miami). 

It's difficult to actually tell though, even when they go on sale. Ticketmaster will want you to think it's selling really fast and you need to GO GO GO with your ticket purchase. 

Exactly, just like the situajton in 2011. I've never felt so dumb as when I rushed to buy tickets for those shows haha. I know so much better than that! 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Exactly, just like the situajton in 2011. I've never felt so dumb as when I rushed to buy tickets for those shows haha. I know so much better than that! 

Ah well - the tickets were very reasonably priced back then at least! 

One things for sure, people needn't worry or buy tickets in areas they don't want to be. And if they feel they can wait it out, there is a good chance they'll get a bargain. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Plus we are 6 months out for most shows...and its the middle of winter (at least here in MN).  Cold and shitty...last thing on many minds is an outdoor concert.  As we get closer and closer FOMO will set in and these will all sell. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It’s likely Live Nations problem if it doesn’t sell. The band have already got the money im guessing. 

I will be doing the same as you Russ... See how the tour goes and ticket prices are before going to Seattle. Never thought I wouldn’t be excited by a possible GNR show, but it’s happened. The 3 dates I saw on the NITL tour all contained hours of boredom... If I knew locomotive or some other tunes were in the setlist I’d be there. But the energy during the shows is so up and down.