North American Tour Dates Announced

9 hours ago, Original said:

Yes great post.  The TM “game” as I call it.   Problem is every band is in bed with TM to some degree.  Just read Trent Reznors article on it. Hard to put all blame on TM.   

The Cat and Mouse game. Ticketmaster are such greedy bastards. 

I love both GNR and the Pumpkins and I’m only an hour away from Boston but I’ve seen both bands within the last couple of years already and I just spent a lot of money on Chili Peppers tickets.

idk. Should I go?

EDIT: yeah I made up my mind. Gonna pass. I’ll just keep my focus on the chili peppers, for now.

Edited by rocknroll41

18 hours ago, tsinindy said:

He (walker aka LOSER) posted today that it looks like "Billy said yes to the money".  There's no way in hell Smashing Pumpkins are an act that is on the level of GnR deserving of a "co-headlining" label.  Guns is headlining, Pumpkins are opening.  This also explains the early set time as I bet the Pumpkins get at least an hour and 15 minute set (if not a full hour and a half).  

Then go somewhere else and see them where they are opening.  They suck live, worst band I've ever seen live (twice).  

I hate to say it, but I actually have to believe Walker on this one. Billy has turned down some festivals/opening gigs with large bands (particularly in the beginning of the last decade) because he thought Smashing Pumpkins were above those kind of shows and should be headliners. 

I have seen Smashing Pumpkins seven times (will be seeing them at Shaky Knees in May) and every show has been spectacular. Maybe you just don't like the band? As to why I don't travel to see GN'R, I'll ignore the smart ass tone of your questions and respond sincerely. At this point in my fan hood, I will not travel to see GN'R. Even with some new songs on the set (which I am stoked to see), nothing they have done since starting touring in 2016 has warranted my spending money to travel and see them in the hopes Axl might sound slightly raspier on "Better" than he did at a show in Atlanta. That being said, since there are new songs, and the band will play within walking distance of where I live, why the hell not. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I hate to say it, but I actually have to believe Walker on this one. Billy has turned down some festivals/opening gigs with large bands (particularly in the beginning of the last decade) because he thought Smashing Pumpkins were above those kind of shows and should be headliners. 

I have seen Smashing Pumpkins seven times (will be seeing them at Shaky Knees in May) and every show has been spectacular. Maybe you just don't like the band? As to why I don't travel to see GN'R, I'll ignore the smart ass tone of your questions and respond sincerely. At this point in my fan hood, I will not travel to see GN'R. Even with some new songs on the set (which I am stoked to see), nothing they have done since starting touring in 2016 has warranted my spending money to travel and see them in the hopes Axl might sound slightly raspier on "Better" than he did at a show in Atlanta. That being said, since there are new songs, and the band will play within walking distance of where I live, why the hell not. 

No, I quite like Smashing Pumpins actually.  At one point I played the shit out of Siamese Dream and I love Mellon Collie and Drown is one of my ten favorite songs of all time.  Its weird I've seen a lot of people on boards like this and/or reddit who thought Pumpkins were great when they saw them.  But, everyone i know in real life thought they were god awful. 

35 minutes ago, Original said:

I bet they add a 3rd band.  6-6:45.  Then Pumpkins 7-8:15ish.  Guns 8:45 or 9 until midnight.

that is what I was thinking, but I think alot of places have an 11PM curfew, if they do decide to add a 3rd band I am guessing you are going to see some shorter Guns set lists than we are used to

5 minutes ago, k12 said:

that is what I was thinking, but I think alot of places have an 11PM curfew, if they do decide to add a 3rd band I am guessing you are going to see some shorter Guns set lists than we are used to

If I recall correctly and trust me it's been a few years. But, I believe for the Cincy show they added a third band within a week or two of the show and bumped the start time up by half an hour. 

10 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Public on sale is NOON local time.  Not yet NOON in those markets. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

That was easy as fuck. I could get seats in any section in any amount. Prices are "reasonable" so I opted for two tickets. Spent $140 in total after fees. I'm fine with that

What section are you in? I'll try to get something near you when I buy at the last minute. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockphantom said:

The length of the TM "wait time" when the tickets first go on sale should give us a hint of how strong demand is. I will ping the Arlington show at noon for grins, but I am sure as hell NOT buying anything!!

Took me forever to get the Boston tickets just now and the cheaper ones were all gone. Make no mistake. They’re selling well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I love seeing everyone that were boycotting the other day buying tickets today.. Called that one ;)

Yeah you were right, and I remember reading your post and thinking “this fool doesn’t know what he’s talking about. There’s no way I’m buying tickets to this crap!”

guess I was the fool at the end of the day. Hats off for calling it like it is, good sir!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Took me forever to get the Boston tickets just now and the cheaper ones were all gone. Make no mistake. They’re selling well.

The cheaper tickets are likely being withheld until a majority of the more expensive tickets are sold off. Remember, this is Ticket-BASTARD we are talking about! 
For the record, I am not buying any GNR tickets for the local show until Mid-August. I can take them or leave them at this point...

• Like 1

Just got this message from TM. Oh well, on with my day...

Guns N' Roses 2020 TourTue • Aug 18 • 6:00 PMGlobe Life Field, Arlington, TX

Thank You for Joining the Waiting Room
Please wait here until the sale begins. When it starts, your page will automatically refresh and you will be moved into the Queue.
The Queue Will Open In:

2,000+

PEOPLE IN FRONT OF YOU

Edited by rockphantom
  • Haha 1