North American Tour Dates Announced

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For what it's worth, I have a friend who's a well known DJ here in Detroit and he said they haven't heard anything about any other bands on the bill. 

For the $30 or $40 I plan to drop on stubhub about five minutes before the show starts I'd prefer an evening with GnR but I'd guess they get somebody that they feel can draw but not a co-headliner or we'd have heard those rumors by now.

Just now, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Yeah, but they won’t.

Who knows. As long as you aren't one of those people that says they'll never release new music. I mean unless they are suddenly free agents and no longer owe the label music. I've always thought they will . I guess we'll see in the next two months.

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

For the $30 or $40 I plan to drop on stubhub about five minutes before the show starts I'd prefer an evening with GnR but I'd guess they get somebody that they feel can draw but not a co-headliner or we'd have heard those rumors by now.

That price range is what I say I'm 90% sure I'm not going. I refuse to pay face value, but I know for certain that I'll be able to get tickets on StubHub for below $50 within a half hour of show time. 

I only live 20 minutes away from Comerica, which is a $10 Uber ride. So I may end up going at the very last second because the whole thing will cost me around $50 including a ticket and Uber ride. 

That's the only way I'll be going. That or free tickets through a friend or something lol

51 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Does anyone have a Nightrain passcode they don’t intend to use?  I’ll probably go to the MetLife Stadium show 

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but there is a citi card presale tomorrow at noon.  So if you have a citi card you don't have to sign up for nighttrain (like I almost did).

Seems a bit ambitious to do stadiums without anything fresh under their belt.

Stadium dates would make sense if there was new music coming up. But then it would make sense to at least announce the new single/album BEFORE announcing the tour to give greater ticket sale boost...

This band never seems to make any sense and still I am surprised.

Awesome.  So I have Bon Jovi in Vegas in June.  A week later the Stadium Tour <Poison-Crue-Def> here in  Mpls and now Guns here in Mpls and outdoors!!  Shaping up tp be a kick ass summer.  Just need the Sammy/Whitesnake tour to add Mpls. 

Question- do I do a NT membership for the pre-sale (I want PIT) or do I just wing it on Ticketmaster regular sale?? thanks!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

The only new music that would be good is stuff with vocals recorded by axl 20 years ago, which could be reworked with the current band, which I would love to hear. I always lol when people say they want “fresh” material from the band. If you want an album full of shit songs like scraped I suppose...

Thats what Id love to hear too. Even though the cleaner voice Axl used for most of what we've heard from that era isnt really my favourite. But still better than todays voice.

Even though I mostly want the CD era stuff, Im in the minority in enjoying Slashs recent album. I listened to Driving Rain last night and I think with Axl on it (given the proper studio treatment and vocal coaching), it would have been even better and could have been a hit. 

But Im still no where near convinced any music is coming. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That price range is what I say I'm 90% sure I'm not going. I refuse to pay face value, but I know for certain that I'll be able to get tickets on StubHub for below $50 within a half hour of show time. 

I only live 20 minutes away from Comerica, which is a $10 Uber ride. So I may end up going at the very last second because the whole thing will cost me around $50 including a ticket and Uber ride. 

That's the only way I'll be going. That or free tickets through a friend or something lol

Yep. We're concert veterans. Done this many times. It's even easier for Stadium shows. My best one was Rolling Stones in Buffalo at our football stadium in 2015. Got about tenth row on the floor for $50 total. I was messing around on Craigslist and found a guy selling floors. I think he was a broker in Tennessee or somewhere like that so he was not able to come to the show to sell. He had zero bites at what he wanted to charge. Finally about ten minutes before the show,he texted me asking what would I pay. I said $50. As in $50 total. He was cool and sent me the tickets before I even paid and told me to pay him after the show. I had just gotten PayPal but didn't know the difference between goods and services and friends/family and I could have easily lost money ,if only $50 had I paid f/f and he not sent the tickets.  So we walked into our seats as the Stones were taking the stage. I believe the face value was over $1,000 total for both tickets. Ever since then I've never been worried about being shut out. They make their money off the quick buyers .

So even in Toronto which could easily sell out I'm not worried that I wouldn't get in for what I want to pay

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, lazyyy said:

Seems a bit ambitious to do stadiums without anything fresh under their belt.

Stadium dates would make sense if there was new music coming up. But then it would make sense to at least announce the new single/album BEFORE announcing the tour to give greater ticket sale boost...

This band never seems to make any sense and still I am surprised.

What you say makes sense. Maybe they want to guage demand before dropping new single/album and just save it for next years arena run. Hopefully not but this is gnr....

6 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

It’s all just words, really.

It's a bunch of hot air, means literally nothing.  Just like "the next chapter" just meant NITL 2.0.

And how fucking uncreative is titling the tour "Larger Than Life"?  Jesus this is just all kinds of depressing.

Edited by sofine11

Fuck knows what is brewing. If it was any other band, it wouldn't surprise me if an album release is announced in the next month or two to coincide with these tour dates.

But it isn't any other band. It's Guns N' Roses. They'll be dusting off the cobwebs on Think About You in order to support this tour. 

I'm still optimistic, somehow...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Fuck knows what is brewing. If it was any other band, it wouldn't surprise me if an album release is announced in the next month or two to coincide with these tour dates.

But it isn't any other band. It's Guns N' Roses. They'll be dusting off the cobwebs on Think About You in order to support this tour. 

I'm still optimistic, somehow...

The time to announce something would be the next few weeks as the initial sales taper/or more dates added. After that, there’s little chance of anything happening