North American Tour Dates Announced

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

Someone is scalping the front row wheelchair accessible platform tickets for the Arlington, TX show.

Holy shit! Someone people are SHAMELESS!!

GNR WC Scalpers.PNG

Bloody hell. The Fuckers. I guess they can say they're fair to everyone. They will rip you off whether you have a disability or not 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah it goes to that page no problem. But if you click 1 or 2 tickets you get We Were Unable to Process your request. It does the same on all 4 Tickets.com venues. Theres no way that there is not 1 ticket available to one of those shows lol

25 minutes ago, center27j said:

Are u joking?!?  im looking at the seating chart, id say 90% of the seats are blue. Its 100% accurate right now to call this tour a complete failure.  Ive actually never seen a stadium run ive been interested in sell this poorly. This tour is getting cancelled.  They are on pace to literally be playing empty football stadiums. So sad. 

For some reason it was populating the resale tickets first for me and the blue never loaded on my phone.

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Would be cool if the weak ticket sales somehow acted as a motivator for them to get at least an E.P. or even a single out there.

I don't know if they're going to do interviews, tv shows, new music, big name to open for then, but they need to do something to boost the ticket sales.

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Would be cool if the weak ticket sales somehow acted as a motivator for them to get at least an E.P. or even a single out there.

It probably would just make them try and do a "Appetite For Destruction" full album tour or something lol even though they play most of the songs anyways.  Anything to try and create hype for tickets without releasing anything new

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I have a feeling they already have plans to release something before the NA tour starts. Either way I don't think new songs will sell that many tickets. People that are going to go will go and other people won't.  Ticket prices are too high and venues too big.  The excitement of a reunion made the 2016 overpriced Stadium tours possible. People don't want to continue to pay crazy prices. The shows aren't for another 5 months though.. They will close enough to full by game time. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

I don't know if they're going to do interviews, tv shows, new music, big name to open for then, but they need to do something to boost the ticket sales.

Well they already got the pumpkins on some shows. Might as well try to squeeze in other big names where they can, I guess.

1 hour ago, center27j said:

Are u joking?!?  im looking at the seating chart, id say 90% of the seats are blue. Its 100% accurate right now to call this tour a complete failure.  Ive actually never seen a stadium run ive been interested in sell this poorly. This tour is getting cancelled.  They are on pace to literally be playing empty football stadiums. So sad. 

Sadly, I think you are right. Sales are awfull

I would buy a VIP package if Matt Sorum returned full-time! :headbang:
I believe it's time to play the "Illusion" card and bring Matt, Gilby, and Teddy back into the fold.

I am sure Matt, Gilby, and Teddy would be willing to tour for $50,000 per week (rumored salary of the current scabs).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I would buy a VIP package if Matt Sorum returned full-time! :headbang:
I believe it's time to play the "Illusion" card and bring Matt, Gilby, and Teddy back into the fold.

I am sure Matt, Gilby, and Teddy would be willing to tour for $50,000 per week (rumored salary of the current scabs).

And maybe Traci and the 976 horns!

3 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

And maybe Traci and the 976 horns!

I could do without the circus act, but why not? It worked once before. :lol:

I would prefer to see just the core Illusion era members plus Teddy to replace Melissa on the 2020 tour. 
Sure it wouldn't be as monumental as the original 5 reuniting, but better than what we have now.

Edited by rockphantom

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Those scabs have more talent then the rest of this board combined and don't bring any drama like Adler and Sorum

Somehow Gilby and Sorum aren’t  considered “scabs”? I’m sure they were in 1992. There’s been lineup changes in this band since day 1 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, guitarpatch said:

Somehow Gilby and Sorum aren’t  considered “scabs”? I’m sure they were in 1992. There’s been lineup changes in this band since day 1 

Yes! Matt was the ORIGINAL scab, unless you count that Fred Coury and the bassist Haggis that filled in for Duff when he married Mandy in 1988. 

Show some respect to the OG scabs, Matt and Gilby!! :P

• Haha 2

It's a fact that 4 days of pre-sales and the general on sale so far today is terrible. Anyone saying otherwise isn't using ticketing sites right or just wants to make incorrect statements. 

It's not the end of the world though. You'd be surprised how many "huge" and / or "sold out" tours suffer this same fate. 

The tour will happen and it will happen in the stadiums it's been booked for. The seats will end up filled one way or another. 

While I would never say I'd root against GNR, it does make me happy that the general public appears to feel as indifferent towards them as I do at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's a fact that 4 days of pre-sales and the on sale so far today is terrible. Anyone saying otherwise isn't using ticketing sites right or just wants to make incorrect statements. 

It's not the end of the world though. You'd be surprised how many "huge" and / or "sold out" tours suffer this same fate. 

The tour will happen and it will happen in the stadiums it's been booked for. The seats will end up filled one way or another. 

While I would never say I'd root against GNR, it does make me happy that the general public appears to feel as indifferent towards them as I do at the moment 

I wouldn't be surprised if outlets like SiriusXM give tons of tickets away to their paid subscribers this summer.
I could also see season ticket holders for these venues getting free tickets as a perk. 

Of course, there is also local radio. I could see them running gimmicks like, "The next 10,000 callers get a free pair of GNR tickets" in the days leading up to each gig. :lol:

I wonder if the GNR 2020 tour will be as big of a flop as the 1998 Van Halen tour featuring Gary Cherone?
I recall Van Halen tickets being offered with a purchase of gas at filling stations. :facepalm::hahafyou:

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1