North American Tour Dates Announced

The tour is selling poorly, now is the time to unload a lead single that is the name of the tour as well, in correlation with an album. 

Funny how we all harped for this for the super bowl show. 2020 could have been a really good year for runs, but they had to be a fool, had to do it their way, they had to be a fool and throw it all away.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

It seems from the seat maps like the "all new show" has a stage with 4 small protrusions instead of the one large one.  Does this mean the piano will rise from the middle of the pit for NR?

Also, going by the images it seems that the pit may be bigger than it was for NITL

50 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's a fact that 4 days of pre-sales and the general on sale so far today is terrible. Anyone saying otherwise isn't using ticketing sites right or just wants to make incorrect statements. 

It's not the end of the world though. You'd be surprised how many "huge" and / or "sold out" tours suffer this same fate. 

The tour will happen and it will happen in the stadiums it's been booked for. The seats will end up filled one way or another. 

While I would never say I'd root against GNR, it does make me happy that the general public appears to feel as indifferent towards them as I do at the moment. 

My views on the size of these dates, and Ticketmaster's greed are well documented on here, and I imagine this is selling poorly....but how are gauging that it is at the moment? 

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

All these people making long emotional rants about no new album are gonna be the same people critizicing the album if it ever is released just an fyi

Nah. Yet another statement you're making about the users on this forum without any facts to back it up. 

Chinese Democracy happens to be my personal favorite GNR album. There are others on here who feel the same way and praise the album for one reason or another. 

Just look at the thread from yesterday about the DJ from Detroit putting There Was A Time in his Top 3 GNR songs of all time. Many people chimed in to agree with him.

Saying that everyone on here is negative is not only false, but also shows that you're choosing to only see the negativity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nah. Yet another statement you're making about the users on this forum without any facts to back it up. 

Chinese Democracy happens to be my personal favorite GNR album. There are others on here who feel the same way and praise the album for one reason or another. 

Just look at the thread from yesterday about the DJ from Detroit putting There Was A Time in his Top 3 GNR songs of all time. Many people chimed in to agree with him.

Saying that everyone on here is negative is not only false, but also shows that you're choosing to only see the negativity. 

I did not say everyone though I did not see the DJ from Detroit .

Thats awesome I will watch my statements from now on

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Except that short of a reunited Beatles  with a resurrected John and George ,nobody is co headlining with the Stones.

yeah, well guns are now that big that they aren't exactly an opener type of band but are big enough to co-headline with stones...

yeah i know but still. such a great chance missed

• Like 1

The big issue is the size of the venues.. A Stadium tour is dumb. If these were 20,000 seat Arenas and Amphitheaters they would all be sold out and people wouldn't be calling it a failure.... 5 months before the shows lol

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Didn't AC/DC and the Stones do a co headling tour like 16 years ago?

I think AC/DC just opened a show or two for them.  

35 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Except that short of a reunited Beatles  with a resurrected John and George ,nobody is co headlining with the Stones.

Harder coheadline with someone like the Stones now. It would be a 350 ticket face just to get in. Both bands demand a high fee 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I love Chinese Democracy and There was a time would easily make my top 5 gnr songs, after estranged, locomotive, pc, jungle

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kearnsy said:

I love Chinese Democracy and There was a time would easily make my top 5 gnr songs, after estranged, locomotive, pc, jungle

Right on. So yeah... There's plenty of positive posters on here :)

8 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

My boycott so strong. 💪

You pretenders make me sick.

#istandwithwags

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

Not that we are in the minds of the band/management, but what do you honestly think they think about these low ticket sales? I mean they’re getting their fat checks cleared regardless, but they had to know this was coming. 

I think all they care about is the highlighted part. 

Doesn't make any difference to them or the band really. They'll just book the next tour into arenas and charge more like they had to do on the second run through North America a few years back. 

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The tour is selling poorly, now is the time to unload a lead single that is the name of the tour as well, in correlation with an album. 

Funny how we all harped for this for the super bowl show. 2020 could have been a really good year for runs, but they had to be a fool, had to do it their way, they had to be a fool and throw it all away.

The only reason it looks like it's selling poorly is because Ticketmaster has changed the way you buy tickets meaning scalpers n brokers have a more difficult time buying everything up.

FWIW, I really did mean it when I said the other day that I was gonna boycott (like I did in 2017). Found out this morning that the pumpkins would be there and changed my mind. Pumpkins are one of the few bands that could make me do that. AiC would’ve made me cave in too. Can’t think of any others, tho, apart from obvious co-headliners like Foo Fighters, RHCP, etc, but if this was gonna be a co-headlining tour then it would’ve been announced as such right off the bat.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stlconcerts said:

Yeah it goes to that page no problem. But if you click 1 or 2 tickets you get We Were Unable to Process your request. It does the same on all 4 Tickets.com venues. Theres no way that there is not 1 ticket available to one of those shows lol

Fenway Park is a smaller venue. For a baseball game, it holds a maximum capacity of just under 38,000. I am fully expecting this show to be sold out, especially with the addition of Smashing Pumpkins as the opener. They're not my cup of tea, but it will bring in some of their fans who will probably stick around for Guns.

Also, this North American leg is still five months away. Ever the optimist, I'm keeping an open mind to the possibility of new tunes by then.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They had to have known that this was not going to sell right? No new music or other headliners? What were they thinking with this decision?

"Wow, that's a huge guaranteed pay day when the tour isn't going to sell!" 

-What They Were Thinking

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Gotta say some of these comments make me laugh. To say it's not selling well Is totally off base. You're expecting a 90-minute sellout in a stadium. Got news for you. That only happens when brokers buy up all the tickets. And due to changes in Ticketmaster's rules. That doesn't happen anymore.

You'll see a lot more of that very soon.

If you got tickets be thankful. You got them. If you're gonna bitch. Maybe reflect on whether or not you truly are a GNR fan.

Those that know me know me well. And fans like me. It don't matter if I was the only one in the fuckin arena. I'll still be there to rock out with all the true fans.

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

FWIW, I really did mean it when I said the other day that I was gonna boycott (like I did in 2017). Found out this morning that the pumpkins would be there and changed my mind. Pumpkins are one of the few bands that could make me do that. AiC would’ve made me cave in too. Can’t think of any others, tho, apart from obvious co-headliners like Foo Fighters, RHCP, etc, but if this was gonna be a co-headlining tour then it would’ve been announced as such right off the bat.

Dude, you missed a great show in 2017. Prostitute live was fuckin worth it alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

It seems from the seat maps like the "all new show" has a stage with 4 small protrusions instead of the one large one.  Does this mean the piano will rise from the middle of the pit for NR?

Also, going by the images it seems that the pit may be bigger than it was for NITL

It's a whole new fuckin show.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:10 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Will be interesting to see how they pull this off sales wise without co headlining or having new music. 

They’ll be in LA when I’m home for break but not sure I really even want to go considering it’ll be the same show I’ve already seen twice and Axl is getting pretty weak vocally.

Not the same show. Trust me.

• Haha 2