Jump to content

North American Tour Dates Announced


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dazey, it's absolutely impossible to release music in 2020, haven't you heard the news from Slash? There's just no way to do it. Such an abstract concept, with you know, the internet and all that, rea

For anyone who wants it, the Live Nation pre-sale is Thursday at 10am local time.  The password is SOLO.    Please, please, please do NOT waste money on Nightrain

What? The Stones are in another stratosphere. They released highly relevant music through most of the 60's all the 70's and early 80's and have a catalog of almost 450 songs.  They have had close

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, MicEffecT said:

Gotta say some of these comments make me laugh. To say it's not selling well Is totally off base. You're expecting a 90-minute sellout in a stadium. Got news for you. That only happens when brokers buy up all the tickets. And due to changes in Ticketmaster's rules. That doesn't happen anymore.

You'll see a lot more of that very soon.

If you got tickets be thankful. You got them. If you're gonna bitch. Maybe reflect on whether or not you truly are a GNR fan.

Those that know me know me well. And fans like me. It don't matter if I was the only one in the fuckin arena. I'll still be there to rock out with all the true fans.

So if people call a spade a spade (the tour not selling well today despite 4 presale days and the general public sale today) they're not a fan? 

LOL, nah. That's not how fandom works. You're allowed to point out the good and the bad without having your worth as a fan questioned. 

I feel the same way about shows to be honest. I couldn't care less if it's 1 person or 10000000 people there. That has no baring on whether I'm a fan or not. However, pointing out the obvious (a VERY slow start to sales) doesn't make me or anyone else less of a fan. 

Lastly, getting tickets today doesn't make anyone "lucky". I'm certain that me and anyone else who wants tickets will be able to get them right up too show time and at a very discounted rate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I care how many tickets they sell, but why are people saying it's selling poorly? If it didn't sell out in an hour, it's a failure? Is that the logic?

If you can still get a ticket in any section a week before the show, then it'll be fair to say it's sold poorly, but tickets have only been on sale for a few hours :lol:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Not that I care how many tickets they sell, but why are people saying it's selling poorly? If it didn't sell out in an hour, it's a failure? Is that the logic?

If you can still get a ticket in any section a week before the show, then it'll be fair to say it's sold poorly, but tickets have only been on sale for a few hours :lol:

People are saying it didn't sell well because huge chunks of nearly every section are readily available for pretty much every show. That's after the 4 days of presales along with the whole day of general sales today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Off topic. If Gilmore Waters and Mason decided to do 1 show or a tour how fast would that sell out? 

In seconds but it's not worth the debate because Gilmour wants nothing to do with it and they would never do it without Rick anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

In seconds but it's not worth the debate because Gilmour wants nothing to do with it and they would never do it without Rick anyway. 

I am kinda bum about that . At least I still have Live 8, What a incredible set . If Gilmour ever tours near my area I am definitely gonna catch it.  

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MicEffecT said:

Gotta say some of these comments make me laugh. To say it's not selling well Is totally off base. You're expecting a 90-minute sellout in a stadium. Got news for you. That only happens when brokers buy up all the tickets. And due to changes in Ticketmaster's rules. That doesn't happen anymore.

You'll see a lot more of that very soon.

If you got tickets be thankful. You got them. If you're gonna bitch. Maybe reflect on whether or not you truly are a GNR fan.

Those that know me know me well. And fans like me. It don't matter if I was the only one in the fuckin arena. I'll still be there to rock out with all the true fans.

Dude, you missed a great show in 2017. Prostitute live was fuckin worth it alone.

Wasn’t prostitute only played once in 2017 tho?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

People are saying it didn't sell well because huge chunks of nearly every section are readily available for pretty much every show. That's after the 4 days of presales along with the whole day of general sales today. 

Isn't that usually the case tho? 4 days of pre-sales doesn't mean much if they only release a couple hundred tickets over those 4 days. I don't know the actual numbers, but it doesn't surprise me that there's tickets available for every section. I am kinda surprised that people are calling it a failure right out of the gate tho...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I am kinda bum abut that . At least I still have Live 8, What a incredible set . If Gilmour ever tours near my area I am definitely gonna catch it.   

I saw twice in 94, I saw Gilmour in Chicago in 2016, then I've seen Roger 15+ times solo and I'll be seeing him again in a few months. 

That said, I'll take all the Floyd I can get but it's just not gonna happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

It debuted at Hartford 2017(I was there and it was awesome) and was played at the forum

Ah ok. I most likely would’ve not been at either show, so no prostitute for me then, I guess. I could’ve gone to either TD Garden or MSG that year, tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wasn’t prostitute only played once in 2017 tho?

 

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

It debuted at Hartford 2017(I was there and it was awesome) and was played at the forum

It was played in Detroit too. I was out of town for work and missed that show but my wife was there and sent me video. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think any of us were expecting it to completely sell out in 90 minutes. That’s silly. I guess for me personally, I was just a little shocked to see so many seats still available even after 90+ minutes. I mean, whole chunks worth of seats. In every section. Of course people will be buying tickets to these shows as time goes on, and it will continue to fill up (slowly but surely), but the initial rush can give you a decent idea of the demand. In all honesty, I hate seeing all those available seats. As a massive fan, I WANT people to show up in droves to see the great Guns N’ Roses. But it’s just...they haven’t given us a reason too. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Isn't that usually the case tho? 4 days of pre-sales doesn't mean much if they only release a couple hundred tickets over those 4 days. I don't know the actual numbers, but it doesn't surprise me that there's tickets available for every section. I am kinda surprised that people are calling it a failure right out of the gate tho...

Judging by these sales vs 2016 when the 1st of 14 legs of this tour went on sale, tickets are very much available for anyone who wants them. I think that's why most people are saying it's a failure. 

I don't think anyone is happy about it, I think people are just calling it as they see it. 

2 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I don’t think any of us were expecting it to completely sell out in 90 minutes. That’s silly. I guess for me personally, I was just a little shocked to see so many seats still available even after 90+ minutes. I mean, whole chunks worth of seats. In every section. Of course people will be buying tickets to these shows as time goes on, and it will continue to fill up (slowly but surely), but the initial rush can give you a decent idea of the demand. In all honesty, I hate seeing all those available seats. As a massive fan, I WANT people to show up in droves to see the great Guns N’ Roses. But it’s just...they haven’t given us a reason too. 

I feel exactly the same way. And of course no one was expecting a sell out in 90 minutes, but that's the kind of ridiculous statements have to make in order to attempt to make their point. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I saw twice in 94, I saw Gilmour in Chicago in 2016, then I've seen Roger 15+ times solo and I'll be seeing him again in a few months. 

That said, I'll take all the Floyd I can get but it's just not gonna happen. 

Is Gilmour less theatrical in his shows? That's what I heard

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So if people call a spade a spade (the tour not selling well today despite 4 presale days and the general public sale today) they're not a fan? 

LOL, nah. That's not how fandom works. You're allowed to point out the good and the bad without having your worth as a fan questioned. 

I feel the same way about shows to be honest. I couldn't care less if it's 1 person or 10000000 people there. That has no baring on whether I'm a fan or not. However, pointing out the obvious (a VERY slow start to sales) doesn't make me or anyone else less of a fan. 

Lastly, getting tickets today doesn't make anyone "lucky". I'm certain that me and anyone else who wants tickets will be able to get them right up too show time and at a very discounted rate. 

My comments weren't directed towards that specifically. It's more directed towards the comments that people think they need to bring back people like Izzy, Matt, Gilby. Or go on tour with the Beatles or the Stones to sell a stadium. Kind of ridiculous to think that way.

Apparently Smashing Pumpkins ain't a big enough opener for some people. I personally was hoping for Avenged Sevenfold and Ghost. Like Europe, but that's okay.

I'll take whatever we get. As long as it's not fuckin Billy Talent (Thanks Slash n Duff)

 

So far I've got Ozzy, Killswitch, Slipknot, Amaranthe, Rammstein and Disturbed.

I'm just happy to be part of another GNR show

Edited by MicEffecT
Revised
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MicEffecT said:

Gotta say some of these comments make me laugh. To say it's not selling well Is totally off base. You're expecting a 90-minute sellout in a stadium. Got news for you. That only happens when brokers buy up all the tickets. And due to changes in Ticketmaster's rules. That doesn't happen anymore.

You'll see a lot more of that very soon.

If you got tickets be thankful. You got them. If you're gonna bitch. Maybe reflect on whether or not you truly are a GNR fan.

Those that know me know me well. And fans like me. It don't matter if I was the only one in the fuckin arena. I'll still be there to rock out with all the true fans.

Dude, you missed a great show in 2017. Prostitute live was fuckin worth it alone.

It happened to mcr. Arena tour sold out in minutes. Scalpers suck

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Is Gilmour less theatrical in his shows? That's what I heard

The tour I saw in 2016 was similar to the 87-90 tour Floyd did. Giant circular screen, lasers, tons of lights. That type of thing. Not anywhere near the big huge productions Roger has done since about 2010 or so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Since you opened your blow hole.......how is it a "whole new fuckin' show?  Explain and also, explain why we should trust you?

Haha, don't trust me. That's a bad move every time. But you'll see.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

People who are doubting that this tour is going to be a complete flop and failure at the box office, please take off your fanboy blinders and see the facts for what they are:  3 days of presales and a full day of general public sales and only 10% at best of tickets sold in some stadiums points to a massive misjudgement of demand by Axl/TB/Live Nation/Ticketmaster.  It also points to runaway greed by all parties involved.  

History shows that you don’t recover from a slow start like this.  Sections that are completely untouched now and filled with $99 tickets will get marked down by Ticketmaster to 4 for $100 deals...and will still be virtually empty come showtime.  The picture below is Boston Night #2 on the 2016 tour.  This wasn’t as financially painful for all involved because Night #1 was close to a sellout (as it was in most large Northeast markets), so the promoter fee could be allocated from an accounting perspective over two nights.  But if all nights look like this in 2020, as early signs indicate they will, then it will be an epic financial failure - anyone that thinks the band is going to give the fan base consistently energetic performances in the face of that is nuts.

This has happened to the greats before - look up U2’s late 90s PopMart tour as an example.  The good news is that a huge public failure like this is usually the catalyst for big change...in GNR’s case, that could be many things:  the return of original members, replacement of Team Brazil with qualified professional management, public interviews where band members openly discuss the present and future plans of GNR, renewed creative efforts highlighted by a return to the recording studio.  I’m as big of a fan as anyone on this board (my first show was Dec 1988 in Sydney), but I’m rooting for the collapse as I think it will be the only thing that sparks a change and some renewed spirit that we once saw years ago with this group.  Sadly, if things don’t change for the better after this, then all hope is lost - then they’ve simply become a soulless cash machine that couldn’t give a flying s$&t about their fan base.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PeterNorth said:

People who are doubting that this tour is going to be a complete flop and failure at the box office, please take off your fanboy blinders and see the facts for what they are:  3 days of presales and a full day of general public sales and only 10% at best of tickets sold in some stadiums points to a massive misjudgement of demand by Axl/TB/Live Nation/Ticketmaster.  It also points to runaway greed by all parties involved.  

History shows that you don’t recover from a slow start like this.  Sections that are completely untouched now and filled with $99 tickets will get marked down by Ticketmaster to 4 for $100 deals...and will still be virtually empty come showtime.  The picture below is Boston Night #2 on the 2016 tour.  This wasn’t as financially painful for all involved because Night #1 was close to a sellout (as it was in most large Northeast markets), so the promoter fee could be allocated from an accounting perspective over two nights.  But if all nights look like this in 2020, as early signs indicate they will, then it will be an epic financial failure - anyone that thinks the band is going to give the fan base consistently energetic performances in the face of that is nuts.

This has happened to the greats before - look up U2’s late 90s PopMart tour as an example.  The good news is that a huge public failure like this is usually the catalyst for big change...in GNR’s case, that could be many things:  the return of original members, replacement of Team Brazil with qualified professional management, public interviews where band members openly discuss the present and future plans of GNR, renewed creative efforts highlighted by a return to the recording studio.  I’m as big of a fan as anyone on this board (my first show was Dec 1988 in Sydney), but I’m rooting for the collapse as I think it will be the only thing that sparks a change and some renewed spirit that we once saw years ago with this group.  Sadly, if things don’t change for the better after this, then all hope is lost - then they’ve simply become a soulless cash machine that couldn’t give a flying s$&t about their fan base.

 

 

 

 

Yeah I agree that collapse usually leads to good things. Your U2 example was a good point. After the PopMart tour, they made the All That You Can’t Leave Behind record in 2000, which had a bunch of hits and re-established them as a relevant act going into the new millennium. Same thing happened TWICE now with the chili peppers. The One Hot Minute album flopped in the mid 90s, so they got John Frusciante back, and their most recent record flopped just a few years ago, so now they got John Frusciante back (again). One of the festivals they were booked for this year suddenly sold out like hot cakes the minute John’s second return was announced. So like you said, flops usually lead to positive changes in the long run. Same with movies.

By the way: I saw your username and profile pic and thought for a sec that you were the real Peter North, but then I read the rest of your post and went “nah, there’s no way a porn star knows all of that!” Lol

Edited by rocknroll41
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...