Jump to content

North American Tour Dates Announced


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, MicEffecT said:

It's a whole new fuckin show.

Not the same show. Trust me.

With the new stage shape, it can't possibly be the same show.  The times where Axl, Slash, Duff or Richard went to the "catwalk" during NITL, they will have to go somewhere else now!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dazey, it's absolutely impossible to release music in 2020, haven't you heard the news from Slash? There's just no way to do it. Such an abstract concept, with you know, the internet and all that, rea

For anyone who wants it, the Live Nation pre-sale is Thursday at 10am local time.  The password is SOLO.    Please, please, please do NOT waste money on Nightrain

What? The Stones are in another stratosphere. They released highly relevant music through most of the 60's all the 70's and early 80's and have a catalog of almost 450 songs.  They have had close

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, PeterNorth said:

People who are doubting that this tour is going to be a complete flop and failure at the box office, please take off your fanboy blinders and see the facts for what they are:  3 days of presales and a full day of general public sales and only 10% at best of tickets sold in some stadiums points to a massive misjudgement of demand by Axl/TB/Live Nation/Ticketmaster.  It also points to runaway greed by all parties involved.  

History shows that you don’t recover from a slow start like this.  Sections that are completely untouched now and filled with $99 tickets will get marked down by Ticketmaster to 4 for $100 deals...and will still be virtually empty come showtime.  The picture below is Boston Night #2 on the 2016 tour.  This wasn’t as financially painful for all involved because Night #1 was close to a sellout (as it was in most large Northeast markets), so the promoter fee could be allocated from an accounting perspective over two nights.  But if all nights look like this in 2020, as early signs indicate they will, then it will be an epic financial failure - anyone that thinks the band is going to give the fan base consistently energetic performances in the face of that is nuts.

This has happened to the greats before - look up U2’s late 90s PopMart tour as an example.  The good news is that a huge public failure like this is usually the catalyst for big change...in GNR’s case, that could be many things:  the return of original members, replacement of Team Brazil with qualified professional management, public interviews where band members openly discuss the present and future plans of GNR, renewed creative efforts highlighted by a return to the recording studio.  I’m as big of a fan as anyone on this board (my first show was Dec 1988 in Sydney), but I’m rooting for the collapse as I think it will be the only thing that sparks a change and some renewed spirit that we once saw years ago with this group.  Sadly, if things don’t change for the better after this, then all hope is lost - then they’ve simply become a soulless cash machine that couldn’t give a flying s$&t about their fan base.

 

 

 

 

Okay, let's just say for a second that you're right and the whole tour collapses. You happy with the fact that the band may go their separate ways and we don't get any new material or a new album.

 

Bands like GNR don't tour for the money. They're already making money.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MicEffecT said:

Okay, let's just say for a second that you're right and the whole tour collapses. You happy with the fact that the band may go their separate ways and we don't get any new material or a new album.

 

Bands like GNR don't tour for the money. They're already making money.

That's not at all what was said. 

Also... You're seriously saying GNR isn't touring just for the money? What they're doing is the very definition of a cash grab... 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

What else are they touring for? In support of Chinese for the 10th year?

Actually it's either 12 or 20 years, depending on how you look at it. :lol:

But yea, that's a ridiculous thing to say... money is the only reason Axl seems to tour. Unless he's an ever bigger masochist than the rest of us, I doubt he thinks to himself "I could spend the rest of my life living comfortably without ever playing another show, but I can't let my fans down like that. They desperately need to hear me sing Better again this year."

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The big issue is the size of the venues.. A Stadium tour is dumb. If these were 20,000 seat Arenas and Amphitheaters they would all be sold out and people wouldn't be calling it a failure.... 5 months before the shows lol

I think AC/DC just opened a show or two for them.  

I agree. I think this is the issue with Pearl Jam tickets at MSG. They are only playing one show and the price skyrocketed due to  scalpers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I agree that collapse usually leads to good things. Your U2 example was a good point. After the PopMart tour, they made the All That You Can’t Leave Behind record in 2000, which had a bunch of hits and re-established them as a relevant act going into the new millennium. Same thing happened TWICE now with the chili peppers. The One Hot Minute album flopped in the mid 90s, so they got John Frusciante back, and their most recent record flopped just a few years ago, so now they got John Frusciante back (again). One of the festivals they were booked for this year suddenly sold out like hot cakes the minute John’s second return was announced. So like you said, flops usually lead to positive changes in the long run. Same with movies.

By the way,l: I saw your username and profile pic and thought for a sec that you were the real Peter North, but then I read the rest of your post and went “nah, there’s no way a porn star knows all of that!” Lol

John seems to rejoin when he needs cash and imo only rejoined RHCP this time because he has to pay his ex wife $53000 a month, same as slash rejoining gnr to pay perla.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I agree that collapse usually leads to good things. Your U2 example was a good point. After the PopMart tour, they made the All That You Can’t Leave Behind record in 2000, which had a bunch of hits and re-established them as a relevant act going into the new millennium. Same thing happened TWICE now with the chili peppers. The One Hot Minute album flopped in the mid 90s, so they got John Frusciante back, and their most recent record flopped just a few years ago, so now they got John Frusciante back (again). One of the festivals they were booked for this year suddenly sold out like hot cakes the minute John’s second return was announced. So like you said, flops usually lead to positive changes in the long run. Same with movies.

By the way,l: I saw your username and profile pic and thought for a sec that you were the real Peter North, but then I read the rest of your post and went “nah, there’s no way a porn star knows all of that!” Lol

FYI - This really is Peter North.  Now that I’m retired, I have more time to follow my buddies like Slash and learn all about the concert industry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Id rather take a big stadium with reasonable seats than an arena and pay $150+ to sit in the back. I think the band is cash grabbing and Axl's inability to release music is baffling and pathetic, but I unfortunately think this will do okay enough. Ticket selling is always shady. People thought the 2016 stadium run would flop and it didn't. Tickets arent that bad and pretty easy to get for this tour so I think a lot of casuals will go.

That being said, it definitely isnt the "hot" ticket for the summer like it was in 2016. The reunion shine wore off and they have toured to death. Younger people in their late 20s and 30s are more interested in the My Chemical Romance reunion and then the older crowd who wants to drink and listen to hits will probably be more tempted by the Crue/Leopard/poison/Joan jett tour. Thats 4 pretty big acts in one package. Not to mention the Stones are touring the states. Thats 3 big stadium tours going after a similar market. GNR is probably the least hyped out of them

Id rather it tanked and Axl decided to release music, but I doubt it

Edited by ZoSoRose
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Id rather take a big stadium with reasonable seats than an arena and pay $150+ to sit in the back. I think the band is cash grabbing and Axl's inability to release music is baffling and pathetic, but I unfortunately think this will do okay enough. Ticket selling is always shady. People thought the 2016 stadium run would flop and it didn't. Tickets arent that bad and pretty easy to get for this tour so I think a lot of casuals will go.

That being said, it definitely isnt the "hot" ticket for the summer like it was in 2016. The reunion shine wore off and they have toured to death. Younger people in their late 20s and 30s are more interested in the My Chemical Romance reunion and then the older crowd who wants to drink and listen to hits will probably be more tempted by the Crue/Leopard/poison/Joan jett tour. Thats 4 pretty big acts in one package. Not to mention the Stones are touring the states. Thats 3 big stadium tours going after a similar market. GNR is probably the least hyped out of them

Id rather it tanked and Axl decided to release music, but I doubt it

Can confirm about My Chemical Romance. I got my tickets last week and I am completely stoked. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

15 times. In October and November 2017

I stand corrected! For some reason I thought it was much rarer than that. Nevertheless, the show I chose to skip that year was TD Garden, which didn’t have it on the set.

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Id rather take a big stadium with reasonable seats than an arena and pay $150+ to sit in the back. I think the band is cash grabbing and Axl's inability to release music is baffling and pathetic, but I unfortunately think this will do okay enough. Ticket selling is always shady. People thought the 2016 stadium run would flop and it didn't. Tickets arent that bad and pretty easy to get for this tour so I think a lot of casuals will go.

That being said, it definitely isnt the "hot" ticket for the summer like it was in 2016. The reunion shine wore off and they have toured to death. Younger people in their late 20s and 30s are more interested in the My Chemical Romance reunion and then the older crowd who wants to drink and listen to hits will probably be more tempted by the Crue/Leopard/poison/Joan jett tour. Thats 4 pretty big acts in one package. Not to mention the Stones are touring the states. Thats 3 big stadium tours going after a similar market. GNR is probably the least hyped out of them

Id rather it tanked and Axl decided to release music, but I doubt it

Didn’t know the stones were touring here yet again! Tickets on sale yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I stand corrected! For some reason I thought it was much rarer than that. Nevertheless, the show I chose to skip that year was TD Garden, which didn’t have it on the set.

Didn’t know the stones were touring here yet again! Tickets on sale yet?

I think next week

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I stand corrected! For some reason I thought it was much rarer than that. Nevertheless, the show I chose to skip that year was TD Garden, which didn’t have it on the set.

It's think Prostitute has been played more times than Catcher, and maybe TWAT?

Someone posted the tour stats after 2018 and I was surprised at how few times CITR has been played... I was lucky enough to see them play that song twice which was really cool (Seattle '16 and Vancouver '17).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's think Prostitute has been played more times than Catcher, and maybe TWAT?

Someone posted the tour stats after 2018 and I was surprised at how few times CITR has been played... I was lucky enough to see them play that song twice which was really cool (Seattle '16 and Vancouver '17).

I went to the first night at Foxboro instead of the second night, which was when they debuted Catcher! I was so pissed that I missed it literally by the thinnest margin possible!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I went to the first night at Foxboro instead of the second night, which was when they debuted Catcher! I was so pissed that I missed it literally by the thinnest margin possible!

 

That sucks... I had a similar experience in 2010, I was hoping they'd played Scraped (lol) and they played it at the show before (Winnipeg) and the show after (Edmonton) I saw them.

 

6 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I was lucky enough to see Catcher, with rasp, circa 2010.

 

It would've been cool to hear Catcher live in 2010. Especially at one of the acoustic shows. That extended version they did in Saskatoon was really cool, but they only played it like that once I think.
If The World, Shackler's, Better and IRS were the highlights when I saw them in Calgary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

That sucks... I had a similar experience in 2010, I was hoping they'd played Scraped (lol) and they played it at the show before (Winnipeg) and the show after (Edmonton) I saw them.

 

 

It would've been cool to hear Catcher live in 2010. Especially at one of the acoustic shows. That extended version they did in Saskatoon was really cool, but they only played it like that once I think.
If The World, Shackler's, Better and IRS were the highlights when I saw them in Calgary.

The only CD songs I've yet to hear live are irs, scraped, and Riad. IRS is the one I'd really like to hear Slash on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...