Jump to content

North American Tour Dates Announced


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dazey, it's absolutely impossible to release music in 2020, haven't you heard the news from Slash? There's just no way to do it. Such an abstract concept, with you know, the internet and all that, rea

For anyone who wants it, the Live Nation pre-sale is Thursday at 10am local time.  The password is SOLO.    Please, please, please do NOT waste money on Nightrain

What? The Stones are in another stratosphere. They released highly relevant music through most of the 60's all the 70's and early 80's and have a catalog of almost 450 songs.  They have had close

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

So when it’s the week of each of these shows, how much can we expect General Admission tickets to drop? I’ll go if I can scoop up 2 general admissions for 50-100 bucks each. 

$100 plus fees is possible. The left over $250 tickets should be marked down to $150 at first and then will continue to drop if they don't move. I saw a 2nd-3rd row center seat for the San Antonio show drop to $100 a few minutes before the doors opened. Hang out in front of the venue and be ready to buy a ticket on your phone at the absolute last minute for the best deal.

Edited by rockphantom
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Assuming we are "treated" to the core NITL set, i really hope Toronto gets: Shadow, Dead Horse, you're crazy, and Locomotive. Slither would be cool to hear but I wouldnt be disappointed if it wasnt played.

Probably won't happen but I would love too see them play all 5 of those at my show.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

How's everything selling? My concert fund isn't quite there yet, so I may have to wait

There will be tickets readily available if you wait. It may not be the best seat, but there will be something for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

The only CD songs I've yet to hear live are irs, scraped, and Riad. IRS is the one I'd really like to hear Slash on.

I’d love to hear Maddy and Prostitute from CD. In addition to Shadow, Dead Horse and Locomotive. You’re Crazy would be cool as well but I’m not as big of a fan of that track compared to the other 4.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, novemberparadise23 said:

Have a wedding the night of MetLife show. So cant do that one. Debating whether to road trip down to philly or Boston. Been to Fenway a few times for baseball games. How is stadium in philly ? 

Citizen's Bank Park is beautiful.  Never been there for a concert yet but I can honestly say there isn't a bad seat in the house.  I go to 5-10 baseball games there a year.  Great food and good beer selection too. 

 

Summer is especially beautiful because you get this gorgeous sky at sunset with the city in the background.  GnR is really big in Philly too, selling out where the Eagles play in 2016.  It should be a great show mate 👍

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Citizen's Bank Park is beautiful.  Never been there for a concert yet but I can honestly say there isn't a bad seat in the house.  I go to 5-10 baseball games there a year.  Great food and good beer selection too. 

 

Summer is especially beautiful because you get this gorgeous sky at sunset with the city in the background.  GnR is really big in Philly too, selling out where the Eagles play in 2016.  It should be a great show mate 👍

Thanks a lot for the info!  Big baseball fan too. So it will be cool to check another ballpark off my list. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coma16 said:

The only CD songs I've yet to hear live are irs, scraped, and Riad. IRS is the one I'd really like to hear Slash on.

I'm only short Prostitute and If The World. I could've knocked out both in 2010 and 2017 but shit got in the way and I'm pretty pissed about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I love seeing everyone that were boycotting the other day buying tickets today.. Called that one ;)

I still haven't bought anything. Not planning to unless they go super cheap and it's convenient for me to drive to LA and go.

10 hours ago, rockphantom said:

I would buy a VIP package if Matt Sorum returned full-time! :headbang:
I believe it's time to play the "Illusion" card and bring Matt, Gilby, and Teddy back into the fold.

I am sure Matt, Gilby, and Teddy would be willing to tour for $50,000 per week (rumored salary of the current scabs).

That's not bad money, where do I sign up?

If the tour flops, maybe Slash will get SMKC back together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rockphantom said:

I would buy a VIP package if Matt Sorum returned full-time! :headbang:
I believe it's time to play the "Illusion" card and bring Matt, Gilby, and Teddy back into the fold.

I am sure Matt, Gilby, and Teddy would be willing to tour for $50,000 per week (rumored salary of the current scabs).

That could be saved for 2021 30th anniversary if this year goes tits up. 

Let's see if Matt burns his bridges with Axl when his book is out 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MANEK said:

Anybody criticizing the ticket sales right now is ridiculous. That’s all.

I don’t think people are being critical,they’re just being honest.Ticket sales have been awful thus far.And although it’s only been a day for general on sale if the past is any indication it is a good gauge as to how the tour will sell as a whole 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, gt72 said:

I don’t think people are being critical,they’re just being honest.Ticket sales have been awful thus far.And although it’s only been a day for general on sale if the past is any indication it is a good gauge as to how the tour will sell as a whole 

They have spent decades touring in clubs to 3000 people, in their solo projects. I'm sure they won't care. 

Livenation want to put them up on stadiums, that's their choice.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

They have spent decades touring in clubs to 3000 people, in their solo projects. I'm sure they won't care. 

Livenation want to put them up on stadiums, that's their choice.

Yep. Blame them for wanting to get out on the road again without an album. Blame them for demanding a fee that makes promoters set high prices and utilize secondary ticketing.  
 

However you can’t blame them that Live Nation wanted do this in stadiums if it doesn’t sell well. That’s on the promoter 

Edited by guitarpatch
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

@guitarpatch what if the promoter was promised a new album release this March and it doesn't happen?

An album wouldn’t cause enough excitement to jump from arenas to stadiums in 2020. It would sell more VIP packages from diehards. If the tour isn’t selling it’s the general public 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

An album wouldn’t cause enough excitement to jump from arenas to stadiums in 2020. It would sell more VIP packages from diehards. If the tour isn’t selling it’s the general public 

I disagree. A new album would (or at least should) come with interviews, new single with video, radio play etc... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I disagree. A new album would (or at least should) come with interviews, new single with video, radio play etc... 

Not in 2020. The general public doesn’t care enough for new music. They probably don’t even want to hear it live and would complain about those additions to the setlist

If they don’t buy tickets, it’s because they’ve seen it before multiple times and the band has over saturated the market.

If this tour fails, they prob aren’t touring again for a few years in US. Album ready or not 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

there is just no way this tour is going to happen, unless they announce Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham are going to be playing the warm up gig between 6- 6:45, there is just no way they are going to have this tour, the overwhelming majority of tickets are usually sold by the first day of the on sale for most events, these shows look like they barely sold even 15% of the tickets, I do not care what kind of buzz a new GNR album is going to create, I do not think it is enough to make hundreds of thousands of people go out to see them again in a stadium when I am guessing anyone who wanted to see them saw them in the last couple of years, just really poor planning on GNR'S part, I am guessing the next couple of months they are going to announce "scheduling conflict" or some crap and announce the tour is "postponed"or cancelled.

  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, k12 said:

there is just no way this tour is going to happen, unless they announce Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham are going to be playing the warm up gig between 6- 6:45, there is just no way they are going to have this tour, the overwhelming majority of tickets are usually sold by the first day of the on sale for most events, these shows look like they barely sold even 15% of the tickets, I do not care what kind of buzz a new GNR album is going to create, I do not think it is enough to make hundreds of thousands of people go out to see them again in a stadium when I am guessing anyone who wanted to see them saw them in the last couple of years, just really poor planning on GNR'S part, I am guessing the next couple of months they are going to announce "scheduling conflict" or some crap and announce the tour is "postponed"or cancelled.

Agreed, this will come down to paying out whatever insurance policy they set in place prior to the tour announcement.  when they do the math if cancelling is a cost savings over playing to empty stadiums it will he a no brainer. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...