Jump to content

North American Tour Dates Announced


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Its delusional to think that a new GNR album featuring Slash wouldn't be huge deal.

Exactly, this isn't some DJ Ashba record.

3 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Tour is not gonna be cancelled. Again just because the first day of ticket sales is slow doesn’t mean the sky is falling 

 

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Tour will not be cancelled, the tickets will just be sold for much cheaper and potentially a loss (for the promoters, Guns won’t lose a dime which means they won’t give a shit)

Yeah, if it gets discounted heavily I might consider going.

1 hour ago, k12 said:

on a side note, it pisses me off about the "discounts" that are inevitable for these shows, you get the die hards as the ones who buy them on the first day, alot of them might not have the money so they are going for the cheaper seats, than as the event is closer you often see better seats at a cheaper price, it also makes for a worse show as a more casual fan is going to wait and get a better seat while the die hard is up in the rafters and you want the person to be rocking out the whole show as close as possible, it just goes along with the greed that is the concert industry these days

That's on the diehards if they couldn't be patient and wait for the prices to go down. Like my friend who I mentioned before, she didn't even wait for the general sale, she immediately hopped on Nightrain, got tickets that are ok but not as great as what she could've gotten. I told her that she should've waited because they're probably going to announce a 2nd date (this is for the London shows) and the next day, they announced another show. Then she's like, oh I should've waited...

Told you so 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dazey, it's absolutely impossible to release music in 2020, haven't you heard the news from Slash? There's just no way to do it. Such an abstract concept, with you know, the internet and all that, rea

For anyone who wants it, the Live Nation pre-sale is Thursday at 10am local time.  The password is SOLO.    Please, please, please do NOT waste money on Nightrain

What? The Stones are in another stratosphere. They released highly relevant music through most of the 60's all the 70's and early 80's and have a catalog of almost 450 songs.  They have had close

Posted Images

1 hour ago, soon said:

Thats interesting to hear your perspective. Because for me, I always thought there were some parallels between the two bands. Like maniac singers who sing about their gripes with society and who've spoken about traumatic childhoods. Musical mostly though - theres usually substantial guitar intros in both bands, lots of guitar solos and the solos are usually over a unique piece of music within the songs. Dual guitar sound. Both bands have hits that are acoustic and hits that are really heavy. Lots of their music is heavily produced. Double albums (if one allows the UYIs to be a double album) at peak of careers. Both bands broken up due to drugs and egos and then reunited. Both Billy and Axl tried really hard to go goth/industrial at one point. And both bands are interracial and have/had blonde chicks as members.

I guess SP is a little more psychedelic and Guns is more at the bluesy end of things though. But I get the pairing, personally.

If you listen to their pre-Gish stuff they were much more of a goth band, they were clearly almost trying to sound like earlier Cure. Billy has stated that Jimmy's drumming is what pushed them to be a heavier band, which isn't surprising the one 90's album they did without him went back to more of a Goth sound.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We got like 20 songs and  a bunch of instrumentals a few months back.

Would the general public really care to hear these songs? They won't. GNR are no longer relevant. The school kids are no longer skipping school to go to a GNR show and no one's losing their virinity to Rocket Queen. 

GNR will follow the footsteps of aerosmith and at some point end up in a Vegas residency. And that's okay.

A new album would flop (by their standards) and we'd all want the hits back in the setlist eventually.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

We got like 20 songs and  a bunch of instrumentals a few months back.

Would the general public really care to hear these songs? They won't. GNR are no longer relevant. The school kids are no longer skipping school to go to a GNR show and no one's losing their virinity to Rocket Queen. 

GNR will follow the footsteps of aerosmith and at some point end up in a Vegas residency. And that's okay.

A new album would flop (by their standards) and we'd all want the hits back in the setlist eventually.

 

I disagree with most of this but I will say that GnR already had a Vegas residency.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Towelie said:

Saw this quote on another GNR board. 

Hard to argue with it.

If you buy tickets for this tour you are paying Axl not to release new music.

I’d argue that if this tour flops, the band goes on hiatus for a bit. It would mean the market is saturated. That includes new music besides Slash & Myles 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For some comparison, back in 2017 I started looking at available seats for the show in Miami that I had purchased tickets for.  I don't remember the on sale date but I started tracking a count of available seats on 4/4 which was a little over 4 months prior to the 8/8 show.

As of 4/4, they had sold approximately 50% of the available capacity.  As of 5/31 there were still 17k available seats out of the 37k capacity.  Even on 7/13 there were still 12k available.  The show ended up sold out and they ended up adding (and selling a decent amount) of very obstructed view seats that were way off to the side and kind of facing the audience.

It will be interesting to see how some of the really small markets they are playing will sell.  Missoula, MT has a population under 120k IN THE COUNTY.  Surrounding counties are very low population.  There aren't more than 200k people living within a 100 mile radius.  The stadium capacity for football is only 25k but that seems like an odd place to visit.

 

Edited by Gnrcane
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose they could be worried that “first album of original material with Slash and Duff since 1991” would never be able to live up to the hype, but at some point they gotta just bite the bullet and do it.

Could they be waiting until 2021? To make it a round 30 years since the last “real” GnR album(s)? EDIT: nah, never mind. That’d be stupid if that was the strategy.

Edited by rocknroll41
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't get excited about this anymore. For sure, i will attend the next concert near me (they only come down here to Australia twice a decade or so), but i am struggling to stay interested without any considerable change. When the band reunited in 2016, they had something to prove, and they all sounded great (even Axl). When they came to Aus in 2017, they still sounded great, but now it seems they are getting lazier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I suppose they could be worried that “first album of original material with Slash and Duff since 1991” would never be able to live up to the hype, but at some point they gotta just bite the bullet and do it.

Could they be waiting until 2021? To make it a round 30 years since the last “real” GnR album(s)? EDIT: nah, never mind. That’d be stupid if that was the strategy.

Well 2021 is illusions anniversary, so would they wait and tour a new album and do some illusions celebratery stuff as well. Or release a new album this year and maybe then do a illusions tour anniversary once touring stopped in support of the new album....

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

How great would it be if they drop an EP a few months before kickoff to generate more ticket sales? 

Doesn’t the tour start in March? In South America? Cause in that case, “a few months before kickoff” would literally mean right now.

or did you mean a few months before the US leg specifically?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

How great would it be if they drop an EP a few months before kickoff to generate more ticket sales? 

I wouldn't be shocked if they're already planning on releasing something before the NA leg.  An EP would be fine.  

8 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

stone temple pilots would seem to me to be a bigger draw than billy Corgan. and maybe a better fit to play with GNR assuming Alice in Chains arent available

I am not into the Pumpkins but people in my area seem to like the idea of them opening at Fenway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This rollout makes no sense.

In short, it was only 2 months between the warmups and the NITL US Tour. Fans knew what they were getting.

We're in 2020. Gn'R has already double dipped here in the US in 2017, more fans have been getting restless about new music, and yet they expect fans to plop down money (more money!) for a stadium gig without us knowing what they're getting. The earliest we could possibly know is 1 month from now for the SA dates and 3-4 months for Europe and US. 

Currently $250 for pit here. $50+ more than 2016 for conceivably the same old show. 

Sorry, I don't buy based on vague promises, Gn'R.

Do better!

Edited by Wagszilla
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

This rollout makes no sense.

In short, it was only 2 months between the warmups and the NITL US Tour. Fans knew what they were getting.

We're in 2020. Gn'R has already double dipped here in the US in 2017, more fans have been getting restless about new music, and yet they expect fans to plop down money (more money!) for a stadium gig without us knowing what they're getting. The earliest we could possibly know is 1 month from now for the SA dates and 3-4 months for Europe and US. 

Currently $250 for pit here. $50+ more than 2016 for conceivably the same old show. 

Sorry, I don't buy based on vague promises, Gn'R.

Do better!

The first NA date is 5 months away. You'll certainly know what you are getting before then. What we know for sure is the stage is shaped differently. How that changes the show I have no idea and probably not that much. The biggest mystery is where the piano will be located for NR since there is no large catwalk like NITL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

The first NA date is 5 months away. You'll certainly know what you are getting before then. What we know for sure is the stage is shaped differently. How that changes the show I have no idea and probably not that much. The biggest mystery is where the piano will be located for NR since there is no large catwalk like NITL.

Thanks for that, uhh, re-overview. 👌

Edited by Wagszilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...