North American Tour Dates Announced

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

They had personalized tickets. They eliminated sales exceeding the purchase limit. They cancelled sales they suspected were for resales. Same as Rammstein. Tickets are personalized. Name on ticket has to match ID. There is no entrance with non matching IDs. The only way you can resell the tickets is on the original site, where the ticket can only be sold at a minimal higher fee. That's the only way to prevent scalpers. Everything else is just idle talk.

PS: And how about someone changing the thread title? The tour is not postponed anymore.

They (Maiden) did not do that here in the US.  Pearl Jam is the only one who has come close.  I agree this is the best way to do things.   

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. It is you, who should shut the fuck up. It's not me who wrote that bullshit statement:

Since the announcement of our tour, scalpers and broker sites have been listing fake tickets for RATM. We want to do everything we can to protect our fans from predatory scalping and, at the same time, raise a substantial amount of money for charities and activist organizations we support in each city. At many concerts, up to 50% of the seating is scooped up by scalpers and then resold to fans at much higher fees. We are doing everything we can to protect 90% of the RATM tickets from scalpers, and then WE are holding in reserve 10% of the seating (random seats throughout each venue) to sell at a higher ticket price (but low enough to undercut the scalpers). We will donate 100% OF THE MONEY over the fees and base ticket price to charities and activist organizations IN EACH CITY. We are confident this will help many more fans get tickets at face value and put a big dent in the aftermarket gouging. WE HATE SCALPING AS MUCH AS YOU DO and will continue to try to find ways to combat it. Additionally, we are donating all profits from our first three shows to immigrants' rights organizations and will be supporting multiple charities and activist organizations throughout the tour.

They did do nothing to prevent tickets to get into scalpers hands, as thousands of tickets are available through reseller sites and not one "more fan" is able to get their hands on face value tickets due to their charity ploy. If I have to pay an extra 400 $ on top of the ticket price, it is not face value. It's 5 times as much. 550 $ for floor, as it was in Toronto, also is not really less then what scalpers would charge. And in fact they took 10% of tickets that fans could have gotten at face value out of the market, so created even more demand for the remaining face value tickets.

If, despite trying since the tickets went on sale, all that is left are fucking charity tickets, then yes, that is what I would have to pay to see them. Thankfully, they did that charity ploy only in North America. In Austria they sold regular tickets and I got a regular floor, despite the show being sold out in 20 minutes also over here.

No...you don't HAVE to pay to see them.  That is your CHOICE.    Get over it and yourself.  

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

They (Maiden) did not do that here in the US.  Pearl Jam is the only one who has come close.  I agree this is the best way to do things.   

No...you don't HAVE to pay to see them.  That is your CHOICE.    Get over it and yourself.  

Or you do the same.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-stance-against-exploitative-ticketing-proves-a-huge-success/

24 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Did PJ have Platinum tickets?

I do not believe so, but don't I'm not 100 percent positive they did not as by the time I got in to buy for the show I wanted all but the worst seats were left and I passed and went on with whatever else it is I was doing. They weren't playing in my town, so I was only going to travel if I got a pretty good seat. 

38 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

This IRON MAIDEN thing... and as their huge fan too... this was a REMARKABLE JOY to read and see how they care for their fans! 

Up the Irons!

Agree, that is the way ticketing should be done for all shows.  No one in the states does it except I've seen a few bands do it for floor tickets and Pearl Jam is doing it for this tour.

20 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I posted basically the same thing in the "New Album" thread, but thought I might post it here as well:

Maybe Guns N' Roses could try the same approach as Prince did with his "Musicology" album in 2004? Ticket prices for that tour included a copy of Prince's album for each concertgoer at the show. By doing that, it was almost 1.5 million copies of his album that might not have been bought otherwise. It was also counted as a "sale" by Billboard, so Prince's album was in the top ten for several months.

That's certainly a way for GN'R to sell more tickets, with a guarantee of a new, physical album handed out to each show patron. It also makes them look good on Billboard if the album is a top ten or top five hit for a large portion of the calendar year.

I'm sure back around 2006/7 Prince did like 20 dates at the o2 supporting his album which was called something like 3121 and every ticket was priced at £31.21 and included the album with each purchase, at least I think it was that anyway

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It amazes me that Axl copped so much shit when others like Patton and Cobain were assholes of the same magnitude.

Patton is still an asshole. Really seems like a complete tool.

I never got the thing with Cobain - he seemed like the original pretentious hipster to me! Everytime I've read or watched anything about him I've realised I'm not a fan of him as a person.

Btw i loved fnm as a teenager and dont mind a bit of nirvana either. Im just talking about how they come/came across. 

56 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It amazes me that Axl copped so much shit when others like Patton and Cobain were assholes of the same magnitude.

With Axl I imagine the late starts and stage walk-offs didn't help - a lot of the shit Axl got was more for diva behavior than anything else.  I can't speak to whether Patton and Cobain were assholes cause I know their music more than about them personally, but I do know that they didn't make their case worse with the diva behavior that Axl did lol

23 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Axl (and likely Slash) did confront the whole of FNM during their touring in 1992, you can read about it here: https://www.a-4-d.com/t4046p240-the-history-in-their-own-words#16163

Duff walks up to Axl and pats him on the head like a loving comrade-type thing and Axl Rose immediately brings the show to a halt, this is in front of 80,000 people, and be screams, 'Don't you ever touch my head again, motherfucker!' Duff just walked away, wounded. We found out later that it was cos he's going bald and he's worried that, if you touch his hair, it will fall out. Every follicle counts.

Melody Maker, August 8, 19

Now i think we know why axl had that bandage over his head bandage around 97/98. I reckon he certainly had hair work done during that period.

11 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Duff walks up to Axl and pats him on the head like a loving comrade-type thing and Axl Rose immediately brings the show to a halt, this is in front of 80,000 people, and be screams, 'Don't you ever touch my head again, motherfucker!' Duff just walked away, wounded. We found out later that it was cos he's going bald and he's worried that, if you touch his hair, it will fall out. Every follicle counts.

Now i think we know why axl had that bandage over his head bandage around 97/98. I reckon he certainly had hair work done during that period.

Didn't know that. thanks for info.

Axl always had thin hair, and probably drugs weakened his hair, and then corn rows probably made it worse. It is possible that he had something recently made  I don't mind and this is no reason for others to laugh at it. Slash also seems to care about his hair. Once, in some close picture on Instagram, you could see that  scalp is all gray, he must dye his hair. There is nothing wrong with that, of course. I liked, for example, how Duff had longer hair during Velvet Revoler ;)

12 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yeah, that part was pretty hilarious.  It just sounds like FNM was kind of overwhelmed by being on the tour and retaliated by bad mouthing Guns, especially Axl.  Although some of the criticism was surely justified. The thing that surprised me was that they seemed naive to some of things that went on during the tour.  I mean most of that stuff was standard operating procedure.  Like they were giving the "babe in the woods" routine.

22 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

It is hard to say what of Mike Patton's dissing of GN'R and Axl was based on the truth, something he had heard, or just lies. He liked to stir up shit and went for the provocative angle. Patton would later admit they were like a "gossip column" [Sky Magazine, December 1992].

That being said, he wouldn't be the only one suggesting Axl was losing his hair. In 1996 it was reported he had cut his hair short [New York Daily News, July 11, 1996] and in 1997, Courtney Love -- who wasn't Axl's greatest fan by any metric -- would claim Axl was losing his hair and that this was part of the reason Axl had disappeared from the public eye [Icon Magazine, October 1997]. Of course, Love was trying to hurt Axl (at an opportune time when Axl was apparently in dire straits with GN'R falling apart) by taking a stab at his vanity. Moby was asked about Axl's hair, but would say that Axl always wore a hat around him, so he wouldn't know [Icon Magazine, October 1997]. But Moby would indicate that Axl likely had short hair [Icon Magazine, October 1997]. [Moby would also say Axl was sporting an unkept beard at the time, and indicate it was all to be able to walk around unnoticed.]

Whether this is all just a rumour or actually true I suppose we will never know, unless Axl decides to share. Regardless, it is entirely uninteresting to me.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2