North American Tour Dates Announced

On 27/02/2020 at 9:02 PM, WildStar said:

10 years too late - You could be right there. But on reflection of the NITL Tour they should have jumped on it in 2018 and took the year off to release new music. The Tour was still fairly fresh and the hype was big. 

Yep it proves all the band wanted to do was milk it for all they could. New music should have came out last year, tour, and gear up for illusion anniversary next year.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

The Philadelphia show looks like it has sold okay but I also wonder if it is Ticketmaster holding back tickets to make it look better.  Some odd patterns like full rows with no seats sold for no particular reason.

Sadly the reunion excitement has just wore off.  There is no money to be made in album sales anymore today but at least it would be good promotion for the tour.  I wonder if this forces them to put something out in the next few months...

10 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

The Philadelphia show looks like it has sold okay but I also wonder if it is Ticketmaster holding back tickets to make it look better.  Some odd patterns like full rows with no seats sold for no particular reason.

Sadly the reunion excitement has just wore off.  There is no money to be made in album sales anymore today but at least it would be good promotion for the tour.  I wonder if this forces them to put something out in the next few months...

Ticketmaster is playing games and hiding seats to make it look like there is more of a demand. The odd patterns is a dead give away. I was looking at one show that hadn't sold many tickets  and then later that night all of a sudden a fraction of those blue seats were taken. Bottom line is that Stadiums were a dumb decision and teh tickets are way overpriced. 

Aside from the initial on sale, I haven't heard a peep about the show.   The NA show are still 5 months away and a lot of things can happen from now until then.  I look at the NJ and it is still slowly selling. If they start promoting the shows that will help. The more I see people get angry around here that there is no new music, the more I feel like the band is up to something in that regard. I really wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they dropped a single relatively soon or at least prior to the NA tour. 

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

Not to beat a Dead Horse. However, If you are planning to go to a local GNR show this year, please wait until the week/day of the show before buying a ticket.

Don't over pay for the same old song and dance!

Yep. The Detroit show is July 11th and I spend that day drinking with friends and spinning records until the very last minute, then I'll look into tickets. I'll probably end up with excellent seats for wayyyyyyy below face value. 

I may throw a pre party again that day like I did back in 2016, but that'll depend on how many fans from the area are actually going. 

• GNFNR 2

16 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Yeah, so this was intended for the Toronto show only with Rush co-headlining with GNR lol.  It would definitely sell the place out in Toronto.

rush has more value in ontario than guns n roses and im 1000 percent sure of that

(guns is a legendary band for sure but rush is on another level here in ontario and canada in general)

Edited by Cory Trevor
felt like a dick

There’s been presale after presale I’m not even sure what the term presale means in it’s literal sense. there’s no way I’m paying the outlandish, over priced face value for tickets this Summer.

I bought horrible seats at face value last show. The day of the show, for the same price of face value top row seats, ya could have sat on the floor of an arena show. 

• Like 1

This could probably be it’s own topic, but who knows what effect the Coronavirus is going to have not just the Guns N’ Roses tour, but traveling for anyone, regardless of their profession.

A case of the virus has now been confirmed in Chicago, where GN’R has a date this summer. I fully realize we’re still months away from those summer shows, but what if the virus hasn’t been neutralized by then?

5 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

This could probably be it’s own topic, but who knows what effect the Coronavirus is going to have not just the Guns N’ Roses tour, but traveling for anyone, regardless of their profession.

A case of the virus has now been confirmed in Chicago, where GN’R has a date this summer. I fully realize we’re still months away from those summer shows, but what if the virus hasn’t been neutralized by then?

The whole touring industry could be in danger this summer. We'll have to see what happens in the next month or so. 

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The whole touring industry could be in danger this summer. We'll have to see what happens in the next month or so. 

If it acts like other coronaviruses or the flu, it would be expected to taper off by May, even if it is completely uncontained.

I'd also imagine that if the mortality rate in Europe and the USA is significantly lower than in China the panic will stop. Even if it is similar to China, the people most likely to die from it (elderly and underlying health issues) are not the typical rock concert attendee.

On 2/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, RussTCB said:

Thank you for remembering that about November Rain!!! No one else ever remembers that and everyone thinks I'm crazy! I was with my wife and a friend at the show. I had two other friends in the balcony and then there were two other forum members there too. 

Every. Single. Time. I mention that they didn't do the entire end to November Rain, every one looks at me like I'm crazy!

I remember it super clearly. When they got to the part where Axl would play the piano part that starts the last part of the song, he just got up and walked off stage. I remember Bumble looking super confused and he eventually just started his solo spot when he realized they just weren't going to do the end of NR. 

This probably sounds so dumb but I'm so glad to finally have someone else remember this! 

Late to responding but I was there and remember it well. Bumble even incorporated some of the outro in the Pink Panther theme after

• Like 1

On 1. 3. 2020 at 8:55 PM, DieselDaisy said:

A convenient excuse has presented itself, in the corona virus, for Guns to cancel the entire tour. 

I think they're past this. In fact, with their never-ending tour agenda of lately, I would expect them to go and play places no one else would do now. 

Chinese Democracy Tour II: Wuhan

Edited by jamillos