North American Tour Dates Announced

1 minute ago, yourcrazy said:

I told myself I wouldn’t go again until there was new music, but I am thinking this may be the last one.  I would like to take my Kids as this may be the last opportunity and they are finally old enough 

That’s a good reason to go, actually. Wouldn’t fault you for it if you went! :)

People, like I’ve stated a zillion trillion times.

THEY

DON’T

CARE

The album has been done for quite some time. When the public sees it is anyone’s guess. Currently, they (the main three) enjoy playing huge shows for massive amounts of money. And hundreds of thousands of people will gladly fork it over for them. 

End of story. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

THEY

DON’T

CARE

The album has been done for quite some time. When the public sees it is anyone’s guess. Currently, they (the main three) enjoy playing huge shows for massive amounts of money. And hundreds of thousands of people will gladly fork it over for them. 

End of story. 

I know you have contacts etc - how do you know the album has been done for a while? And what’s quite key here for some folk - it’s a band decision not to release just yet (ie - it’s not just Axl)?

If so - it ties up with Slash’s comments recently about there being material/recording and it was a case of how to get it out there.

Edited by DTJ80

11 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

THEY

DON’T

CARE

End of story. 

I get that they don't care about the hard core fans. They've made that more than abundantly clear. 

What I don't get is how they expect to sell this tour without a new album or another major act on the bill. 

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Or go back to 1994 and show THAT Axl the bullshit from 2002!

Or go back to 1987 and show THAT Axl the bullshit from the circus-act part of the UYI tour.

1987 hothead Axl would be so pissed that he broke the band up then and there and start a dolphin farm instead.

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I get that they don't care about the hard core fans. They've made that more than abundantly clear. 

What I don't get is how they expect to sell this tour without a new album or another major act on the bill. 

That’s Live Nation’s problem. They aren’t going to turn down the check and think long term here. Cashing chips 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I don’t understand either. There’s no way they come close to selling out by of these u.s.shows.

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Hope we get Snoop Dogg!!  Or Baz. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So - are we discounting any new album or EP being called ‘Larger Than Life’? That’s what a tour name would normally signify (apart from NITL). What’s your take on it?

1 minute ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I don’t understand either. There’s no way they come close to selling out by of these u.s.shows.

Live Nation doesn’t have to sell out these shows to make them profitable. GNR just wants their fee. They could give 2 shits as long as the check clears. If they sell out of have good attendance, it just means more $ for everyone. 

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Simple numbers game considering what they have been able to accomplish already. Regardless if they are “sell outs,” these shows are already paid for. Any residuals afterwards is an upgrade for the guys (merch, gate fees, food/alcohol etc) It’s insane how much the promoters are forking over at this point. 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Because I do. :P

Ha ha - aww come on. If you’re saying it’s done - that’s good enough for me. Any more info you can share (without divulging sources)? At least - can you say if it’s a band decision not to release yet?

28 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

THEY

DON’T

CARE

End of story. 

One hundred percent. They're making more money than ever with these nostalgia shows.  They can't be bothered to give an iota of a fuck what the hardcore fans think about new music.  It's a chore Axl's been putting off for a decade.  If anything, all the dough they've been making the last four years puts it even further on the back burner.  It's fucking sad from a fan's perspective, but it's becoming more and more clear that's just how it is. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

THEY

DON’T

CARE

End of story. 

I'm sorry I have to ask. Recorded with Slash And Duff?