North American Tour Dates Announced

The LA date lines up when I am home so maybe I’ll consider buying cheap tickets at the end of the summer if I have nothing else going on. Definitely not making it a priority and if Axl sounds like shit leading up I’m not going (have enough difficulty as is getting my friends into rock and it will just be embarassing if he’s really off his game)

Anyone from LA know the venue? I’ve lived in the greater LA area most of my life and have never heard of it

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

The LA date lines up when I am home so maybe I’ll consider buying cheap tickets at the end of the summer if I have nothing else going on. Definitely not making it a priority and if Axl sounds like shit leading up I’m not going (have enough difficulty as is getting my friends into rock and it will just be embarassing if he’s really off his game)

Anyone from LA know the venue? I’ve lived in the greater LA area most of my life and have never heard of it

The email from GN'R said something about GNR being the first act to play there. Must be a new stadium? 

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Dammit... My son's mom just reminded me that my son has never seen GN'R. He's 14 now and really wants to go. 

I think I'm going to leave it up to her to get tickets and take him.

My daughter is 14 and my son will be 12 when they come to Detroit.  They wanted to go last time, but I thought they were too young. Going to try to get tix for this one as I think this is the last hurrah. 

Edited by yourcrazy
Spelling
  • Like 3

I'm in cheaper ticket mode. I broke the bank for the last tour and enjoyed the hell out of the experience, but I viewed it as once in a lifetime (yes, for Not In This Lifetime). I'm sure I'll be fired up by the time the tour stops in my area, but I've never felt so blah about a GNR tour announcement, and that includes the era without Slash and Duff. I consider myself a glass if half full type when it comes to GNR compared to a lot of folks on the board, but I definitely share in the feeling that I need new music to be truly excited about this tour. Fingers crossed. 

Just now, yourcrazy said:

My daughter is 14 and my sons will be 12 when they come to Detroit.  They wanted to go last time, but I thought they were too young. Going to try to get tix for this one as I think this is the last hurrah. 

Right on. Like I said, I'm not out to convince anyone else not to go. Really the only thing I'd try to stop people from doing is wasting money on Nightrain. 

In any case, same offer goes to you as everyone else: I'm 20 minutes from Comerica. You're more than welcome to stop by for a pre show hang at my music sanctuary. Even if I'm not going to the show, I'm more than happy to host a pre show party again :)

14 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

You failed when you used the word “normally.” 

Normally and Guns will never be in the same sentence. 

Ha ha - I know! That’s why I ended my comment with ‘I say normally but....well...you know?!’ 😂 On this occasion I hope to be wrong!

I've been reading a lot on the comments on GNR's 2020 comeback and how disappointed people are over the fact of not having anything freshly new already..

This is gonna take a lot of time, to hear new official songs from this line-up.

I think we should be grateful that at least songs like Locomotive, Dead Horse, You're Crazy are back on the setlist.

We must not expect any miracle. If not, we will definitely be disappointed..

Enjoy as it is. And if not, then don't go to the show. No one is putting a gun on your head to buy a ticket.

Express your opinion if you want of course, but be rational not just type a bunch of negative statements just for the sake of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, valengf said:

I've been reading a lot on the comments on GNR's 2020 comeback and how disappointed people are over the fact of not having anything freshly new already..

I think we should be grateful that at least songs like Locomotive, Dead Horse, You're Crazy are back on the setlist.

Enjoy as it is. And if not, then don't go to the show. No one is putting a gun on your head to buy a ticket.

Express your opinion if you want of course, but be rational not just type a bunch of negative statements just for the sake of it.

Yeah, thanks man.

What a crazy world!

Everytime my favorite band announces new tour dates I get so bummed out!

To me, more dates = new music fading.

Am I the only one that thinks this is a tour that has already gone too far? 4 years of the same tour and no new music?

And then again Duff recorded Ozzy's solo album in ONE month?

I bet they already have like 4 albums recorded, but don't want to release it.

And why keep the same concert with the same setlist? Why don't they bring Izzy occasionaly? Why don't they bring Adler again? Or Gilby, or Matt, or even Finck?

Why don't they alternate new songs and deep cuts? I don't care if You're Crazy or Dead Horse sounds "bad", but they are just "new".

3 minutes ago, valengf said:

Amen!

14 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

My daughter is 14 and my son will be 12 when they come to Detroit.  They wanted to go last time, but I thought they were too young. Going to try to get tix for this one as I think this is the last hurrah. 

hope you're gonna make it. Have fun  with your kids :)

10 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

Anyone know of any ore sale options besides nigh train?

No shortage of presale options.  VIP, Platinum, Citibank, Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Live Nation Mobile App all have presale codes.  And many venues will have their own presale buckets as well (Comerica Park, for example, has presales through the Tigers.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, valengf said:

"2020 comeback"? They've been beating this "comeback" to death for 4 years now. 

Just now, Blackjacker said:

No shortage of presale options.  VIP, Platinum, Citibank, Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Live Nation Mobile App all have presale codes.  And many venues will have their own presale buckets as well (Comerica Park, for example, has presales through the Tigers.)

I'll definitely need to find a non-Nightrain code for my son's mom to get tickets for the two of them. 

I just can’t fucking believe they are doing a stadium tour without new music or a co headliner or anything. We all know the next chapter shit is false advertising if the Super Bowl show is anything to go by (which it may not be, but since this band is so vague about everything I am assuming it is). They must be really arrogant after the NITL tour became so huge. It’s laughable how dumb of an idea it is.

And no, they’re not going to just surprise us with new music at any of these shows. If there was something special they would’ve been advertising it since tickets are already on sale.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

"2020 comeback"? They've been beating this "comeback" to death for 4 years now. 

I'll definitely need to find a non-Nightrain code for my son's mom to get tickets for the two of them. 

What was the 2019 north american tour? Shouldn't there be at least 3-5 years between comebacks? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just can’t fucking believe they are doing a stadium tour without new music or a co headliner or anything. We all know the next chapter shit is false advertising if the Super Bowl show is anything to go by (which it may not be, but since this band is so vague about everything I am assuming it is). They must be really arrogant after the NITL tour became so huge. It’s laughable how dumb of an idea it is.

And no, they’re not going to just surprise us with new music at any of these shows. If there was something special they would’ve been advertising it since tickets are already on sale.

Yeah they are very dumb. It’s clear that nothing is really changing so they could still promote it as a NITL and take the 1st place of the highest grossing tours.

It’s all a nonsense

25 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

We’re taking our children 12 and 9 to see them in Sweden in June. They really can’t wait 🤗. Niether can I 🤪. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Yeah they are very dumb. It’s clear that nothing is really changing so they could still promote it as a NITL and take the 1st place of the highest grossing tours.

It’s all a nonsense

But there's a new new curved screen now! ALL NEW SHOW! :lol:

• Haha 3