Has your opinion of Slash and Duff changed since the NITL tour started?

I don't care how Adler is treated, if I'm being 100 percent honest. The guy is a petulant joke. He finally got an "in" and bitched about it to the media then peddled his mom's dog shit book while talking shit.

Has my opinion changed on Slash and Duff? Hmm ...  not really. They're still doing what they did outside of GNR with their other musical projects. I thought we'd get more than just the tour, but I'm happy we got the tour for as long as we did. No one knew when the first Coachella announcement was made how long this thing would go before it blew up.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like Steven only has himself to blame. He couldn't straighten himself out and now he is angry because they wouldn't let him play in the sandbox. Izzy stopped caring about Guns and decided he didn't want it anymoreve. I can't trust anything Duff says. I wouldn't even buy his book because I feel like it is full of all these stories and "facts" that he has said over the years. . I noticed Slash has struggled at various concerts. I think they all have. Axl's voice is gone. I'm not saying that it's shit. I'm just saying that it isnt AFD. It isn't that "whoa" moment Duff had when he first heard Axl. He came out of the gate masking, screeching and damaging his voice from the start. There is a photograph of him sitting in front of a vanity and he has an oxygen mask. Hardcore? Yes. Smart? No. Everyone has their signature thing but he took it to far. All his different voices are HOT but it was never going to be sustainable. If he was honestly trying to keep Guns above water why did he not practice daily and consistently work with his vocal coach. It's not like he was taking a break. He was working on Chinese Democracy. It's really sad that he can't pull off the screeches and intros and such. On stage he would walk over to Slash and tell him something. Then Slash would nod and when you expect the screech at the end it's just Slash covering for Axl.

• Like 1

My opinion hasn’t changed but I’m surprised that they have not been able to change the direction of the band or inspire some creativity out of Axl.  I always thought that the hired hands didn’t have any say so and Axl needed some prodding.  The hired guns could not do that without being fired.  I expected Slash and Duff to move the ball forward, not just keep doing it Axl’s way.  To be fair, since there addition, they have started shows on time and put quite a few deep cuts into the set.  We also got the box set and Shadow of your love.  I  just can’t believe they would hang on much longer if Axl continues to refuse to put out new music.  

I still admire them as musicians.  Slash is still the man but I was kind of let down the way the whole reunion went down. I definitely lost a little of great admiration I have had for the both of them over the last 3 decades. 

Slash continues to blow my mind when he is on that stage though.

• Like 1

Duff has sunk a lot in my opinion for a multitude of reasons, for not standing firm on Izzy, to the laughable ''punk as fuck'' merchandising. It is still alarming how Rose is now completely happy to be a nostalgia peddler but he has always been the wanker in my eyes so my opinion hasn't much changed, and so long as Slash still finds room for his Conspirators I still can just about see his rational for cashing-in with Guns, although that recent interview was painful reading and bodes ill for the future. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I still admire them as musicians.  Slash is still the man but I was kind of let down the way the whole reunion went down. I definitely lost a little of great admiration I have had for the both of them over the last 3 decades. 

Slash continues to blow my mind when he is on that stage though.

I remember interviews slash wouldnt want a reunion unless it was with the original 5. But i digress.

NITL has always been about the one person who has this tour on his shoulders and that is slash :slash:

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1